• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
This might be sacrilege, but.. I honestly wouldn't mind if Zelda went back to being a once-per-generation affair, so long as the one console title that does come out is:
a) absolutely massive - to the point where the world map is Wind Waker-scaled huge, with lots to explore off the beaten path; and,
b) magnificent

I also wonder if Nintendo knows that, with this being the first HD Zelda ever, more people than ever will be looking at the title they make. With this in mind, they could possibly be a bit more cautious about making this game as absolutely fantastic and grande as possible. This is probably why I tend to think we'll see it released later rather than sooner.

Listen to this man

Wolfie5

Wooooooo! Can you feeeeel the E3 hype!!!

We are almost there :)

About a week left. Usually that means more gaming news and some leaks(at least Sony and Microsoft). I wonder if and when Wii U leaks will happen? 1 day before? 5 days before? Never?

Man, I can't wait wait to see Nintendo games in HD. I mean, the transition from Wii games to Wii U games will most likely be a bigger leap in visual difference than say PS3 to PS4(even though PS4 will I assume be more powerful than Wii U). Though we will get games that won't be much different from Wii games(Nintendo already hinted as much), core games like Metroid and Zelda will have a huge leap in visuals even if Wii U is on par with PS3/X360. Of course, it won't just be visuals, but also be able to have a world that is more alive so to speak(better physics, more enemies, better lighting, etc.).

I am just excited for Nintendos franchises in general. As for 3rd party stuff, it depends on how well they have done their games for Wii U. Of the ones we know there are two games that I will most likely get on PC or Wii U. Darksiders 2 and Aliens Colonial Marines. I will most likely get Aliens game on Wii U due to the controller implementation sounding awesome. Darksiders 2 depends on if I get Wii U on launch.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Err, Zelda is a once per gen game on consoles. TP was a tactical release of a GCN game on the Wii.

Kind of like saying that because of the HD port God of War had 3 releases on the PS3.

Err, Zelda is a once per gen game on consoles. TP was a tactical release of a GCN game on the Wii.

Kind of like saying that because of the HD port God of War had 3 releases on the PS3.

Zelda 1 + Zelda 2 = NES
OoT + MM = N64

Not counting handhelds which got quite a few.

Sendou

So I'm just curious guys,

What ports that have already been announced for Wii U are you most likely buying ?

Assassins Creed 3?
Rayman Legends?
Darksiders 2?
Alien Colonial Marines?
Metro Last Light?
Batman: Arkham City?
Project Cars?
Dirt?
Ninja Gaiden 3 (lol haha yeah right) ?

I'm very interested on AC3 just because it will be so much more convenient to have maps and all that crap on external screen rather than have to pause the game to slowly observe the map and choose where I want to go. You could just tap on the spot you want to go and instantly see some kind of visual clues (worst example being the glowing path). Rayman Legends is also sequel to a great game and while I won't care so much about the possible controller gimmicks included I will still most likely buy it because it will surely shape out to be a great game. Darksiders II and Batman both also have potential on the DRC front and I'm looking forward to them. Alien, Metro and Project Cars are also games I'm keeping on my radar. Ninja Gaiden 3... well yeah.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
I won't rule out exotic hardware, but I don't see it being likely. My view has been that the "foundation" is programmable shaders like any current GPU, but beyond that is up in the air as to what Nintendo may have done to it. That includes TMUs and Rasterizers. But like you I'm ready to see what they have pulled off that could lead to a nice difference in the 1st-party games over a PS360 port.

Exotic, you mean Nintendo will put some guava, passion fruits and pineapple in the GPU ?

why did i wrote that ?

Wolfie5

There will be at least three years between SS and the next console Zelda.
So, yeah, it's not happening any time soon.

Agree with this. At least 2014 before we get a new Zelda game on Wii U. I will be very surprised, if we get any Zelda Wii U footage at this years E3.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The idea behind AC 3 is insane. The guy barely blended in with crazy ren fair costumes in the first few games and looks completely out of place in the 18th century colonies.

It's frankly part of the reason I'm interested in it. Also bears.

Gravijah

The idea behind AC 3 is insane. The guy barely blended in with crazy ren fair costumes in the first few games and looks completely out of place in the 18th century colonies.

It's frankly part of the reason I'm interested in it. Also bears.

the only other AC i've played is brotherhood. i'm hoping the story missions aren't as terrible as that game.

Funny noises are a bit below them.

Audio jokes can contain verbal humor, but they are not always verbal humor.
So fart noises are audio humor, while a knock knock joke are verbal.

Yeah, that's right. I just explained the science of comedy. Deal with it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Audio jokes can contain verbal humor, but they are not always verbal humor.
So fart noises are audio humor, while a knock knock joke are verbal.

Yeah, that's right. I just explained the science of comedy. Deal with it.

There's plenty of verbal audio jokes without any words. Dude from Police academy. Animal noises, etc.

There's plenty of verbal audio jokes without any words. Dude from Police academy. Animal noises, etc.

Verbal means the spoken word though. While he's using his mouth for the noises, they are not words.

EC posted this a while ago. Thanks though.

Mithos

What ports that have already been announced for Wii U are you most likely buying ?

Assassins Creed 3?
Rayman Legends?
Darksiders 2?
Alien Colonial Marines?
Metro Last Light?
Project Cars?
Dirt?

Maybe Assassins Creed 3, absolutely Alien Colonial Marines & Batman: Arkham City.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games

Assassins Creed 3?
Rayman Legends?
Darksiders 2?
Alien Colonial Marines?
Metro Last Light?
Project Cars?
Dirt?

I usually go completely overboard at new console launches, so I'm trying to restrict myself to only two third party titles. Thus far, it looks like those will be Ass Cree Three and Rayman Legends (Ubisoft wins big), but who knows what wonders E3 will hold? I'm also pretty excited to see how Aliens: Colonial Marines turns out, but it's not yet a must-buy for me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Verbal means the spoken word though. While he's using his mouth for the noises, they are not words.

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought about AFTER typing up the post. Well whatever, no sense in continuing this silly tangent when we have the same old rumors and gripes to talk about!

Nibel

Forget the train - this is fucking HYPE TOWN

ibdFjJ6EYSyhfB.jpg

(hope I didn't forget anyone!)

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Forget the train - this is fucking HYPE TOWN

ibdFjJ6EYSyhfB.jpg

(hope I didn't forget anyone!)

Bravo ! The sky is gorgeous with the fireworks and mario bullets !

(This is the problem with such picture, you (not you specifically but the person who make it) always miss some members :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom