• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 gameplay video - "Precious Cargo"

Falchion

That mission was really cool although it was funny how the guy took off on his horse and Geralt waited with his arms crossed so that he could deliver his one liner before taking off in pursuit.

That mission was really cool although it was funny how the guy took off on his horse and Geralt waited with his arms crossed so that he could deliver his one liner before taking off in pursuit.

Roach is the better horse, and Geralt knows it.

Gotta say, I'm really happy there's going to be decent horsing around in Witcher 3, including mounted combat. Skyrim had horse activities and an actual use for them, but the horse controls sucked, and Dragon Age: Inquisition had a lot of different horses, but horrible controls and virtually nothing to do with them other than catch 'em all. A true Epona for our time.

WetTreeLeaf

Neo Member
Roach is the better horse, and Geralt knows it.

Gotta say, I'm really happy there's going to be decent horsing around in Witcher 3, including mounted combat. Skyrim had horse activities and an actual use for them, but the horse controls sucked, and Dragon Age: Inquisition had a lot of different horses, but horrible controls and virtually nothing to do with them other than catch 'em all. A true Epona for our time.
Those horses in Dragon Age looked like they were bred to eat other horses.
Horse quality from what I've seen goes like: Red Dead Redemption > MGS PP > TW3.
Im glad devs are making better looking horses, hopefully this becomes a trend.

I have preordered this beauty :)

9BjIWth.jpg

Forkball

I think people expect this to be Arkham Asylum with swords, but the combat in this series has always been slower paced and has elements of a turn-based system even though it's realtime.

I think people expect this to be Arkham Asylum with swords, but the combat in this series has always been slower paced and has elements of a turn-based system even though it's realtime.

Huh? Where did you get that impression? And no one's complaining about the speed of the combat in Witcher 2-3.

According to a new Gamestar.de preview (they had a two day hands on) you can follow the guy to the Temerian hideout which offers another option to resolve the quest.

According to a new Gamestar.de preview (they had a two day hands on) you can follow the guy to the Temerian hideout which offers another option to resolve the quest.
Now this is a rather interesting turns of events, I like this kind of subtlety, I'd never have thought the quest could be done that way.

I want to be interested in The Witcher but I think Geralt is lame. I'd prefer if you could create your own hero. Gameplay looks alright I guess.

abundant

And this is one of the first side missions you get in the game. Imagine the possibilities for the side missions you get later on.

Jon Armdog

I'm starting to get hyped about this game, even though I gave up on Witcher 2 due to its unsatisfying combat. I've watched a few videos, and Witcher 3 looks much improved. The world looks amazing, and the combat looks pretty fun.

I think I got too excited about Dragon Age Inquisition, and ended up a bit disappointed in the end. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed DA:I...just after completing it, I don't see myself ever wanting to get back into it. Unlike Dragons Dogma, which I still find myself going back to occasionally due to extremely satisfying combat system.

Anywho, the Witcher 3 looks like it might be great - I just need to keep my expectations in check. Like Skyrim with better combat and a more detailed world, maybe? That'd work for me.

Anywho, the Witcher 3 looks like it might be great - I just need to keep my expectations in check. Like Skyrim with better combat and a more detailed world, maybe? That'd work for me.

In a sense you can't go wrong with expectations that low lol.

Better detailed, more gray and realistic quest options. You don't get Exp from killing random beasts etc. from what I heard. A few wrinkles on the formula like that.

erawsd

Better detailed, more gray and realistic quest options. You don't get Exp from killing random beasts etc. from what I heard. A few wrinkles on the formula like that.

You do, there is a limit to it though. Each monster has a beastiary page that fills in either from reading books, talking with npcs, or just killing them. Once their page is full you will no longer get exp from them.

DOWN

Banned

How is it better detailed?

Despera

Banned
Man it would be awesome if I could inject the horse with some sort of concoction/syringe to make it go faster. A small section in the meditation screen specifically for the witcher's mount would be great :p

The game releases at a perfect time for me. Right when I'm about done with the games I'm playing at the moment. As someone who enjoyed everything in TW2 (except combat which had its fair share of problems), this looks like it's better in every way. Can't wait.

You do, there is a limit to it though. Each monster has a beastiary page that fills in either from reading books, talking with npcs, or just killing them. Once their page is full you will no longer get exp from them.
Excellent idea, which makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

Jon Armdog

How is it better detailed?

It seems like, based on what I've read and seen in the preview videos so far, that the Witcher 3 takes the NPC schedules and independent activity that Skyrim had and expands it greatly. It looks like from an NPC and creature perspective, it builds significantly on the depth of world Skyrim has.

Of course, I don't know that for sure. That's just my impression

Ah, that makes sense about the exp part. I did mean it's not just straight numbers only affair, something I really like as an aspect since it makes sense.

It seems like, based on what I've read and seen in the preview videos so far, that the Witcher 3 takes the NPC schedules and independent activity that Skyrim had and expands it greatly. It looks like from an NPC and creature perspective, it builds significantly on the depth of world Skyrim has.

Of course, I don't know that for sure. That's just my impression

Yeah, CDPR has said animals can smell corpses and come for them and stuff like that in various previews. That's one of the ways I've meant.

Quotient

Skyrim = 38 km2

Novegrad + No Man's Land = 72 km2.
Skellige Islands = 64 km2

CDPR have said it's 20% bigger though. Games being games, maybe the measurements are off. It also might seem a little smaller based on proportions and perspective.

My Gosh. That is huge.

kami_sama

Skyrim = 38 km2

Novegrad + No Man's Land = 72 km2.
Skellige Islands = 64 km2

CDPR have said it's 20% bigger though. Games being games, maybe the measurements are off. It also might seem a little smaller based on proportions and perspective.

In the video, I suppose the huge map is Novegrad, right?
And the small one is the Skellige Islands?

What i learned from reading this thread.

Neogaf doesnt know what the word atrocious mean.

Anyways, this side quests is 100x better than most side quests you find in todays RPGs. I really cant wait for this game!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
All these videos got me hyped to play 2, but it crashes randomly for me on PC. Apparently it's a pretty common problem, but no fixes worked for me. The last fix I tried actually wiped out all my saves.

I'm thinking about watching a condensed video of the story on Youtube. This sucks.

SaberEdge

All these videos got me hyped to play 2, but it crashes randomly for me on PC. Apparently it's a pretty common problem, but no fixes worked for me. The last fix I tried actually wiped out all my saves.

I'm thinking about watching a condensed video of the story on Youtube. This sucks.

That sucks. What's your setup? It didn't crash even one time on me and I've played through it more than twice. First time I think I had an HD 7950 and second on GTX 970...both with i5 2500k and 8gb of system ram.

Jedi2016

My first install played fine for a while, then began to crash on startup. You'd hit "Play" and it would just crash to desktop. Every single time. Steam repair would find things to "fix" every time I ran it, even running it multiple times one right after another. In the end, only a complete uninstall/reinstall (six months later, because I was sick of it) got it working.

Top Bottom