• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 | Review Thread

yesjacknicholson.gif

We are in for a treat!

malfcn

It's so strange having a huge title let the reviews drop a week early. Speaks alot about the confidence of the dev and pubs of the game.

ironcreed

Banned
10/10 from Gamespot!? That's massive, they don't hand those out left and right.

Exactly. They have been really critical the past few years and a 10 from them means something. And like I have said before, sometimes it is just obvious when a game is going to be special.

I'm not completely done with the game yet, but I wrote 2,000 words about why I mostly like it. Tentatively, my USgamer verdict is it's the good shit. There is a great deal of open-world game DNA in it, almost like a fork off of Dragon Age Inquisition.

This is going to review really well because it is a long game with a big map. I'll wait for a month as I don't want to fall into the same trap as dragon Age Inquisition. Where the game was everyone's game of the year and it was decidedly average.

Jo-El

I knew it was going to review well, but I didn't think we'd be hearing stuff like this.

And make no mistake: this is one of the best role-playing games ever crafted, a titan among giants and the standard-setter for all such games going forward.

Exciting stuff!

Top Bottom