• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 | Review Thread

Yeah don't know how can Bloodborne get a 9 with such crappy combat

tumblr_ncy59baUIP1qzizmho2_500.png

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
When was the last time we saw someting like this:

6TRac49.png

That statement..look at that.

Kriken

Kevin also gave Dragon Age a 9 and Bloodborne a 9 his opinion doesn't mean much.

Not to mention CD flew the gamespot guys out to their workplace for like a week.

I was right, there was no way this game wasn't going to get high scores regardless of it's actual quality.

its-a-conspiracy.jpg

Welp, looks like I'm buying it day one! I need to break my Bloodborne addiction anyway... Hopefully the framerate issues get fixed with the Day 1 patch.

dreamfall

ALL THIS EXCITEMENT, I CAN NOT TAKE IT!

Great review reads all around, can't wait to check out some of the PC performance reads as well as launch approaches!

bBcJOd1.gif

Kevin also gave Dragon Age a 9 and Bloodborne a 9 his opinion doesn't mean much.

Not to mention CD flew the gamespot guys out to their workplace for like a week.

I was right, there was no way this game wasn't going to get high scores regardless of it's actual quality.

This is b.s. GameSpot mentioned at the end (or beginning?) of their videos that the money spent came out of their own wallet.

daninthemix

The Gamesradar review gives me severe pause...they say combat is no better than Witcher 2. And Witcher 2's combat sucked, frankly.

They'll have the reviewer on The Lobby later today for a longer discussion
Hopefully he can justify giving it a perfect score with no criticism.

From what I read of GamesRadar and Kotaku, it seems to be a fun game with a lackluster end. Will be fun to pick up when I get back from vacation.
Also the framerate seems to be unstable on PS4.

I'd give them a 9 too. Those were two good RPGs.

What if you were wrong and the game is, gasp, actually good like the other Witcher games?

Pop

I see all this framerate talk from the journos but where's the sauce to back it up. Hitching and stutters occasionally is a nuisance. But how bad is it, really.

Trey

Looks like Witcher 3 moves into first place for GOTY discussions so far.

Before it even comes out? That's impressive! We don't even need to play games any more.

I see all this framerate talk from the journos but where's the sauce to back it up. Hitching and stutters occasionally is a nuisance. But how bad is it, really.

Looked super annoying in that Gametrailers review video.

Waxwing

Exactly. It's a fucking terrible game. You can't trust opinions on this forum if they don't usually match your own. If I followed gafs game of the year list, I'd own only the last of us, dragon Age and knack.

I just can't grok this opinion. What difficulty did you play the game on? It had tight, tense combat on Hard or Nightmare. Did you spend any time reading the side lore? Some of the questing was repetitive, but the combat and characters made the game well worth it.

If you take a look at the bottom of the Gamespot review, it says the game already included the day one patch. That is why they need the reviewers to have the debug version of the PS4.

murgo

Shit, reading and watching the Gamespot review made the wait even worse. The last 7 days will feel like an eternity :(

viveks86

How do you know you were right? I don't think the game comes out until next week.

Everybody knows they were right. Isn't every review thread a shining example of confirmation bias? Most people come here looking for their hopes and/or fears confirmed. Only few come here to learn anything new

Top Bottom