• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt exceeds 1 MILLION pre-orders worldwide!

CEurLUOWgAAZDd9.jpg:large

Source

Looks like they've done a lot of performance tuning in the last 2 weeks.

hJnEf.png

I wonder if the review copies have this performance improvement patch. May be this is why they couldn't send Xbox one review copies.

Denton

Need some comparisons.

I remember that Witcher 2 sold 200,000 first week, so this is insane increase game on game.

It is amazing to see the series has come so far.

No doubt focusing on the current generation consoles has helped boost the appeal of the series.

PFD

Awesome! Now I gotta clear some space on my SSD to start the preload...

This also happens to be the very first game I ever pre-order. I'm usually against preorders, but CDPR won my heart

Cruxist

I know people love this game series, but this many pre-orders is terrible.

I know everybody is anxious to get their hands on this... but we need to stop encouraging pre-orders. It's a bad practice.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
One million preorders for a 1.5/10 game at best??? This is the age we live in.

KorrZ

Good for them! I really want to see this game do well, the more games of my favourite genre that sell well the better for me.

I don't ever pre-order myself, but I'll be supporting them with my $60 day one.

Need some comparisons.

I remember that Witcher 2 sold 200,000 first week, so this is insane increase game on game.

Not all pre-orders get purchased, and it helps that this is the first time the series has been released on consoles and PC at the same time.

Klossen

Banned
I am a hypocrite. Whenever I hear the word pre-order, my stomach is filled with dread. It's the cause of so many bad habits in this industry.

Yet at the same time, my Steam is patiently awaiting the Witcher 3 pre-load. I hate me.

Not trying to be a party-pooper here, but I wonder how many of said pre-orders are from the pre-order tickets available in regions like PSN Asia....

Where there's basically zero commitment needed to pre-order.

Welfare

I know everybody is anxious to get their hands on this... but we need to stop encouraging pre-orders. It's a bad practice.

Not all the time. It's a good way for stores/publishers to see what the demand will be like for the game to properly stock the game.

Skilletor

It makes me happy when people get salty over pre-orders.

Good news for a good developer. I'm waiting on more info and footage of the battle system before I commit.

Not trying to be a party-pooper here, but I wonder how many of said pre-orders are from the pre-order tickets available in regions like PSN Asia....

Where there's basically zero commitment needed to pre-order.

I preordered on Amazon. No risk at all.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Good to hear.
Bringing the game to consoles was a smart move, and I'm a PC only.
Good games for everybody, fuck exclusivity.

Now start pre-loading on Steam CDPR

Denton

It is a bad practice with bad developers.
With good ones, who never let me down, like Obsidian, Larian, CDProjekt you bet I am going to support and preorder the shit out of them and feel good doing it.

Ricker

It's good...but is this on all 3 platforms or just PC...? still,I am sure the game will sell over 3 millions on all platorms.

dugdug

Banned

Yep, literally groaned when I read the title.

Chris1

How does this compare to preorders of other games? I always thought preorders were a fraction of sales, but 1m seems a lot?

Qassim

Nah. I don't see what differnece it makes if I preorder it and get to preload it or just wait and buy it day one anyway?

Unless you're telling me to not buy games day one either..? I've literally never bought a game that I specifically regret pre-ordering.

I want the game, I want the pre-load, and no amount of negative reviews could get me to not play it day one. Why wouldn't/shouldn't I pre-order?

Top Bottom