• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness - Release Date Trailer, coming 26th January 2016

Fuck, the reactions to that spoiler are killing me. I need to duck out these threads.

If you're worried about the pic, just put a link instead of the pic.

Are there browsers where spoilers don't work? If so i will remove that picture.

The point is that it's not a light or minor spoiler. While who knows, maybe it's not, but it seems to be a major spoiler for the game and possibly even the big "twist" that GDJustin had been talking about earlier in this thread. I'd remove it solely because of that possibility :S

I wish I hadn't seen it. I really hope that's not THAT one big thing. :(

I dunno, timing seems all too coincidental to me.

A9wOoHE.png

Feel bad for anyone who clicked it without knowing.

Demption

So the huge spoiler can't be the one that Haemi was posting about? I thought that was kinda obvious if you have followed pre - release speculation online.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So the huge spoiler can't be the one that Haemi was posting about? I thought that was kinda obvious if you have followed pre - release speculation online.

I picked it up by watching the QL nearly immediately, but maybe I'm just attuned to visual puzzles..

I wish I hadn't seen it. I really hope that's not THAT one big thing. :(

Even if it is, there's still a whole game to look forward to. While we may have lost that one aspect of discovery, there's still much more to discover I'm sure.

There actually was a theory I read that I thought implausible, but not so sure about that now...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This unlocking on Steam in 22 hours at 18:00 local time is pretty annoying.

Yeah, changing release states is still one of the few things developers/publishers can't do themselves via the Steamworks Product Data frontend. It's a little ridiculous at this point. Valve may be worried about upset devs yanking access to a game by changing the state to "unavailable" (although this wouldn't affect those with a licence that has a release state override), but surely it'd be relatively trivial to prevent further release state changes once an app has been set to "released".

That all being said, games unlock on Steam at either side of the store update quite regularly (e.g. Dog Fight released ~10 hours ago), so I don't see why Valve would say "No" to Blow wanting The Witness' unlock time moved forward.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
If you've been reading about The Witness, Haemi posted something fairly obvious that was really more of the setup than any one punchline, so I wouldn't freak out if you happened to see it. :)

Casey Muratori kind of talked about it by accident ages ago while describing his programming work on the game. I won't clarify for fear of spoiling.

Glad I didn't see that spoiler..do we know if the game is unlocking on PSN in 3 1/2 hours? (UK midnight)

Ugh, I really don't want to see any spoilers, I wonder if I should stop opening this thread.

Can we please make untagged spoilers result in a ban? And post it in huge letters on the first line of the OP. I really hope so.

Ugh, I really don't want to see any spoilers, I wonder if I should stop opening this thread.

Can we please make untagged spoilers result in a ban? And post it in huge letters on the first line of the OP. I really hope so.

The issue is it was tagged, but only as a "possible spoiler" when all signs point to it being... Much bigger.

Honestly, I'd venture to say that a separate spoiler thread should be created and that spoilers of all kind should simply be kept out of other threads.

Yeah I just want to know if it's unlocking in a few hours and then I'm checking out of this thread for good.

The issue is it was tagged, but only as a "possible spoiler" when all signs point to it being... Much bigger.

Honestly, I'd venture to say that a separate spoiler thread should be created and that spoilers of all kind should simply be kept out of other threads.

Since Blow, reviewers and myself have stated looking up spoilers or help will ruin the game for yourself and others, I vote that a spoiler thread is opened, marked, and anyone posting in it is permabanned.

hEist

hopefully it goes online in .eu on midnight.

while watching Giantbomb Videos:
love the idea how they created "images" with the use of shadows. like the juggling person or the woman reaching for something

Top Bottom