• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 Trailer (Director's Edition)

Beelzebub

I was curious about this game after reading most of GAF raving about it, but after watching the trailer I really don't see the appeal. The art style and voice acting really bothers me, and the storytelling seems super cheesy especially with that annoying little kid who I'm sure you're going to have to constantly rescue. All of the characters seem like whiny and super lame versions of the Power Rangers or the Planeteers and the gameplay doesn't look fun at all. You're just controlling a crowd of tiny dots like Pikmin, and I can imagine this game getting wicked confusing when there's a million tiny enemies on the screen along with your tiny dot army. Maybe I just don't get it, maybe I'm missing something, but this seems like a giant snorefest of a game to me.

That's just my 2 cents after watching the trailer 3 times. I hope it sells well though, it'd be nice to see the WiiU stop bombing soon.

Lol shows like the Power Rangers were super cheesy man. cheesy can be good

PhantomR

Banned
Ridiculously stereotypical characters, irritating voices...

This trailer turned me off this game. Hope it bombs.

dinklage-slap.gif

OryoN

You're just controlling a crowd of tiny dots like Pikmin, and I can imagine this game getting wicked confusing when there's a million tiny enemies on the screen along with your tiny dot army. Maybe I just don't get it, maybe I'm missing something, but this seems like a giant snorefest of a game.

The trailer seems more geared to people who were briefed by the info from the direct. While the trailer was still a hook for many people, if you TRULY want to know whether this game appeals to you or not, then you must watch the Nintendo direct. It's no guarantee it will persuade you(though highly likely), but at the very least, there will be no misunderstandings about what this game is.

TnK

First time posting on GAF, hoozah.

Now I don't know if this was discussed here, and this is a really dumb thing to notice, but isn't the whole fanservice-y scenes out of the english trailer? If someone can correct me, I think the green hero was commenting on the pink one's boobs in the Japanese trailer, but not in the American. Also, they removed the "ooo look at me am so sexyyy" moves from that alien enemy (she reminded me of bayonetta lol).

I am simply mentioning this because I really don't want the english game to be censored.

Riki

Now, this is a really dumb thing to notice, but isn't the whole fanservice-y scenes out of the english trailer? If someone can correct me, I think the green hero was commenting on the pink one's boobs in the Japanese trailer, but not in the American. Also, they removed the "ooo look at me am so sexyyy" moves from that alien enemy (she reminded me of bayonetta lol).

I am simply mentioning this because I really don't want the english game to be censored.

It's not censored, per say. As PlatinumGamesJP put it, they translated it all so that it would work and flow better in English. But you always have the option to play it in Japanese if you want!

TnK

It's not censored, per say. As PlatinumGamesJP put it, they translated it all so that it would work and flow better in English. But you always have the option to play it in Japanese if you want!

So, does that mean if I put Japanese voice acting and subs, I can get the original dialogue? That sounds awesome!

BY2K

Membero Americo
My guess is it wasn't cut at all from the English version, just edited differently. It's still all going to be in the game.

Kouriozan

Also, they removed the "ooo look at me am so sexyyy" moves from that alien enemy (she reminded me of bayonetta lol).

Confirmed it won't be censored, it was just a different trailer for the NA/EU direct.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I don't know if they care about that in Japan, but in America the Direct was pretty early and kids could have been watching, so any sexy stuff was a big no no, no matter how tame.

Phloxy

God I hate how *offended* people get over the dumbest things. It's almost as bad as kids having to say CRISS CROSS APPLESAUCE because apparently sitting Indian style or cross legged was too much.

I was curious about this game after reading most of GAF raving about it, but after watching the trailer I really don't see the appeal. The art style and voice acting really bothers me, and the storytelling seems super cheesy especially with that annoying little kid who I'm sure you're going to have to constantly rescue. All of the characters seem like whiny and super lame versions of the Power Rangers or the Planeteers and the gameplay doesn't look fun at all. You're just controlling a crowd of tiny dots like Pikmin, and I can imagine this game getting wicked confusing when there's a million tiny enemies on the screen along with your tiny dot army. Maybe I just don't get it, maybe I'm missing something, but this seems like a giant snorefest of a game to me.

That's just my 2 cents after watching the trailer 3 times. I hope it sells well though, it'd be nice to see the WiiU stop bombing soon.

As someone who loves the pikmin series to death, this doesn't seem to control anything like that. You have way more active control over the whole swarm of people thanks to things like the dodge and shield moves.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.

Now I don't know if this was discussed here, and this is a really dumb thing to notice, but isn't the whole fanservice-y scenes out of the english trailer? If someone can correct me, I think the green hero was commenting on the pink one's boobs in the Japanese trailer, but not in the American. Also, they removed the "ooo look at me am so sexyyy" moves from that alien enemy (she reminded me of bayonetta lol).

Kamiya said on twitter it was edited for the Nintendo Direct, but is still in the game.

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/365889622565335040

Foetoid

Neo Member
This game looks spectacular i really need to download the demo sooner rather than later so i'll know if im preordering.

Top Bottom