• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox One deals in the UK are just getting insane!

Game seems to be going ham on the console bundles in general. PS4 GTAV bundle, plus Watchdogs, Last of Us and 12 months of PS+? £399.99. WiiU Mario Kart 8 bundle with the Bayonetta double pack? £290.

With that said, OP's deal is pretty killer for thouse of you who want an Xbone.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Those are some great bundles - just keep dropping those prices.

A MCC + GTA V + FH2 + Kinect + another game I'd want around that price might make me jump in earlier than expected too.

I wish they'd bring these deals over here... :'(

Lol, isn't there a black friday WalMart deal going on for US $329 for Xbox One + MCC, on top of getting a $30 Wal Mart coupon? I'm in Canada, but between the two, I wish that US deal was in Canada, yo.

Assuming you live in the States..

DJ_Lae

Yeah, even some of the deals here have been nuts.

I paid $400 for the Sunset Overdrive bundle with free copy of Forza Horizon 2 and $60 in XBL gift cards. Basically giving shit away to get you to take it.

And for me on the fence just for the white bundle itself, freebies are more than welcome.

Facism

Not really. All of that is for $550 US dollars. Doesn't seem like that great of a deal when you account for the exchange rate.

add 20% sales tax and that our minimum wage is probably greater than yours. plus the national character of expecting less for more.

Game seems to be going ham on the console bundles in general. PS4 GTAV bundle, plus Watchdogs, Last of Us and 12 months of PS+? £399.99. WiiU Mario Kart 8 bundle with the Bayonetta double pack? £290.

With that said, OP's deal is pretty killer for thouse of you who want an Xbone.

Holy crap! Is that a real thing?
That's good value - especially considering it's Game.

I would wait a few months on the Xbox though. I reckon by March they'll be paying you to buy one at this rate.

Picked up the deal in the opening post on Wednesday and really happy with it.

There is also another deal in store - instead of Tifanfall/Spiderman etc. you get an extra controller for £10 more. So many people were picking them up whilst I was there was crazy.

Are Sony in desperate mode because Game are a selling PS4 with GTAV V + TLoU + Destiny + 12 months PS+ for £399?

(It's not MS and Sony setting these prices btw)

Everyone's competitive this time of year. Only people who don't pay attention think it's desperation or limited to just one company.

For example, you can buy the white PS4 with either GTA5 or Unity for £329. Sony desperation or Sony being competitive?

Are Sony in desperate mode because Game are a selling PS4 with GTAV V + TLoU + Destiny + 12 months PS+ for £399?

(It's not MS and Sony setting these prices btw)

I wish they (Sony) were in desperate mode... and about MS?... Well at the very least in the US?, yes they seem to quite be in desperate mode.

Microsoft is desperate to surpass Sony in sales so bad? Imagine if sony had the money to just waste making all these deals lol.

Percy

Banned
Gotta agree with those saying buying this thing at launch was a total dumbass move by those of us that did it. I'd have felt a lot less burned by the purchase if I'd paid prices like that for it.

I've already gotten rid of it now, so I guess there's no point crying over spilt milk. I'll buy again when and if some worthwhile games become available for it. So not today.

That's a solid deal for anyone still currently strictly PS3/360 only bound though.

jesu

I wish they (Sony) were in desperate mode... and about MS?... Well at the very least in the US?, yes they seem to quite be in desperate mode.

You seem to be saying these prices indicate MS is in desperate mode.
Does PS4s being sold at similar prices indicate Sony is in desperate mode?

And what Miles said.

Microsoft is desperate to surpass Sony in sales so bad? Imagine if sony had the money to just waste making all these deals lol.

There is similar PS4 bundles.
Do not bother to read the thread before posting?

I'm almost tempted to dial Microsoft customer service and listen to them beg to sell me an Xbox.

I might be able to get a system and some games for dirt cheap.

You seem to be saying these prices indicate MS is in desperate mode.
Does PS4s being sold at similar prices indicate Sony is in desperate mode?

And what Miles said.

I corrected myself. MS are in said mode in the US. I had no idea that Sony had similar deals going over there so... my bad. Sorry.

All of that is for $550 US dollars.

yea, my face is like:

p02Ok64.gif

The bundles games are shite. I spoke to the guy in GAME yesterday and asked if I could swap them out for Dead Rising 3 and Ryse and he said nope.
I mean, I could have traded the new games in for credit and then got those other games from the credit. But the fact the guy didn't even think about letting me switch out some games (for older ones) in a £360 bundle...soured me on doing business with them.

Mind you, this is the same company that scammed me out of £10 with the PS4 launch. The day before released I went in to pay off my PS4 and they told me they had a few Killzone bundles left, which were £400, so £10 cheaper than buying console and game separate. I thought it was a good deal, so i chose that.
Then when I went to pick up my console, they were selling Killzone for £40 if you were buying a PS4 at the same time...£10 cheaper than my fucking bundle. When I asked if could change, they said they had no more PS4's and i'd have to wait a month.
I was spewing with anger, can't believe they ripped me off like that. They knew they were gonna be selling that game cheap a few hours later, but lied right to my face.

RetroStu

Banned
Not really. All of that is for $550 US dollars. Doesn't seem like that great of a deal when you account for the exchange rate.

Yeah people always forget the exchange rate when talking about UK prices. Its the only reason why we get these seemingly good deals.

Having said that, i'd love to take that package in a heart beat but can't because of lack of job!, fucking bankers lol.

Best deal I've seen so far was at Tesco instore, XB1 with Forza Horizon 2, Alien: Isolation & Evil within for £305. That's the console for £209 if you cashed the games in at CeX for £96 (£32 each at the time). It was a bit of a glitch though as it depended on scanning the barcode the green box and not the FH2 slipcase over the top of it.

Top Bottom