• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
BrgO9yi.jpg

I'm on the verge of tears right now!!!

What a fucking show off.

I'm talking about the 3DS, I really hate you.

I actually knew about this topic ages ago but I never took part because having perfected 244/313 songs I never thought of going back to songs I've already done so I avoided taking part (some songs took me over 5 hours, some even more. I'm not that good I'm just very dedicated). However now that I've mainly only got tough songs left I've decided I want to revisit old songs and this is my excuse. I've perfected all 4 of these songs before but I won't push my luck as I know you guys want to move on quickly so here are my scores:

Vamo alla flamenco: 9,999,999 (my favourite song in the game so I had to get a perfect)
http://i.imgur.com/WRaGbIw.jpg

Waltz for the Moon: 9,983,642
http://i.imgur.com/E099n49.jpg

Keeping the Peace: 9,955,778
http://i.imgur.com/pGCP1v3.jpg

Battle to the Death: 9,999,999
http://i.imgur.com/j24DJLe.jpg

Thanks to this topic I remembered how fun Battle to the Death was. Thanks for extending it for me :)

MrDaravon

My scores for the week (I'll still wait to post results until after Waluigi destroys all of us):

ikPVNhu.jpg
dbZ96qr.jpg

LoenmMZ.jpg
oKcte5v.jpg

SUPER happy with my scores, and this is the first week where I was able to both Perfect Chain and Total Critical all of the songs :D. There was one note in Vamo that took me way too long to get, but let's not talk about that >_>. But yeah, pretty happy with my personal progress in the game.

Edit: I see your scores posted, thanks! I'll get everything together right now and post results and all that jazz shortly.

Kirlia

Banned
What a fucking show off.

I'm talking about the 3DS, I really hate you.

Man, you're a Theatrhythm god. I'm proud that I only just managed to get in SS range on my last attempt...

Then again, this song now seems easier compared to the nightmare that is FFX's Assault.

Man, you're a Theatrhythm god. I'm proud that I only just managed to get in SS range on my last attempt...

Then again, this song now seems easier compared to the nightmare that is FFX's Assault.

Yeah I don't think I'll ever be able to do Assault or Opening Bombing Mission

MrDaravon

First, the results!

7LZxzR1.jpg

Hilariously the only people who participated this week that did NOT get to vote in a track for this week's challenge was me, Robin64 and Waluigilicious, which makes sorting the combination of highest scorer + longest since they have voted in a track super easy for me this week :p. So that said by default the people picking next week's Challenge tracks are going to be:

-Waluigilicious who gets both a BMS and FMS choice
-MrDaravon for BMS
-Robin64 for FMS

I'll PM the other two, saying straight up ahead of time that I'm picking Battle With Magus since Roto13 is history's greatest monster and didn't pick it last week. Since we've got this running on time I'll allow the others until about this time tomorrow to respond, if I don't have a response from them by then I'll make picks. This gives everyone a full day to respond, and gets it up before the weekend.

All of the people who post in this thread but don't post scores need to get on it!

Cool! Do I have to look back at what's been selected or can I pick anything? I'm going to pick two songs that I know I can perfect but haven't yet been able to. That way if I do get 9,999,999 it's a big deal for me and not just a repeat performance. Got 69 songs to choose from..

MrDaravon

Cool! Do I have to look back at what's been selected or can I pick anything? I'm going to pick two songs that I know I can perfect but haven't yet been able to. That way if I do get 9,999,999 it's a big deal for me and not just a repeat performance. Got 69 songs to choose from..

You can look at the previous weeks on the spreadsheet here (choose the week tabs): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nuSthAPfqIKiKDITIkelYitjK-duv0URHfqT3qnu37Q/edit?usp=sharing

Was actually about to PM you, I realized that if you want it you can actually have three picks and take a 2nd BMS choice if you want. I don't think anyone's won 3 songs in a week, so mentally I just assigned you a BMS and FMS choice and moved on, but in typing my PM out I realized that technically you should get a 2nd BMS track if you want. I didn't even think about it since it's never come up lol. If you want the 2nd BMS pick that's fine, if not I'll still go with Battle of Magus. Robin64 would get the last (FMS) pick regardless.

All DLC is on the table, we're trying to stay away from more than 2 DLC tracks a week, but you also don't have to pick DLC if you don't want to or anything.

You can look at the previous weeks on the spreadsheet here (choose the week tabs): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nuSthAPfqIKiKDITIkelYitjK-duv0URHfqT3qnu37Q/edit?usp=sharing

Was actually about to PM you, I realized that if you want it you can actually have three picks and take a 2nd BMS choice if you want. I don't think anyone's won 3 songs in a week, so mentally I just assigned you a BMS and FMS choice and moved on, but in typing my PM out I realized that technically you should get a 2nd BMS track if you want. I didn't even think about it since it's never come up lol. If you want the 2nd BMS pick that's fine, if not I'll still go with Battle of Magus. Robin64 would get the last (FMS) pick regardless.

All DLC is on the table, we're trying to stay away from more than 2 DLC tracks a week, but you also don't have to pick DLC if you don't want to or anything.

That's alright, I don't want to give myself the stress of trying to perfect three songs in one week at this stage!

Not surprised no one has picked The Red Wings (FMS) so I will go with that. I know I can do it but man it always fails. As for my other choice... I'll pick a song I've only tried very few times due to doing a mass download last week. I haven't perfected it yet but I know I can. It's long though. Zero (DLC - BMS).

MrDaravon

That's alright, I don't want to give myself the stress of trying to perfect three songs in one week at this stage!

Not surprised no one has picked The Red Wings (FMS) so I will go with that. I know I can do it but man it always fails. As for my other choice... I'll pick a song I've only tried very few times due to doing a mass download last week. I haven't perfected it yet but I know I can. It's long though. Zero (DLC - BMS).

Alrighty, then I'm just waiting to hear back from Robin. Yeah I think I've only done Zero once maybe, I think that's a vocal track one?

How did you even manage to get all of the Premium ones first? lol

Pretty much sums up my luck with the whole game. Spent 3 hours this morning going back and forth between red wings, Ultima and Battle with Seymour trying to perfect them, then giving up and trying force your way for "fun" and doing it on my first try.

MrDaravon

WELCOME TO WEEK #6 OF THE NEOGAF TFF:CC COMMUNITY CHALLENGE

Previous Challenges with leaderboards as well as current stage picker rotation can be found here.

• YOU MUST SUBMIT A SCREEN SHOT OF YOUR SCORE. Example: HERE or HERE
• All four stages will be played on the Ultimate score difficulty.
• Score must have been achieved during the competition week; this is done on an HONOR system, so in the spirit of fun competition do not submit "old" high scores.
• In the event of a non-All-Critical score tie, the winner will be determined by most Criticals. If there are multiple All-Critical scores reported the users will be ranked in the order that they posted the score; this also applies to ties where the screenshots taken are from the difficulty select screen (# of Criticals cannot be determined).
• Next week's stages will be determined through a combination of the highest scorer for that Stage type (BMS or FMS) who also has gone the longest without picking a stage of that type.
• Winners are encouraged to type a short write-up of why they choose that particular song. It can be something related to a memory you have of that song or the game in which the song is featured!

This Week's Challenge (3/12/15-3/19/15 @ 5PM EST)

Whl847g.jpg
ikRPzv8.jpg

The Red Wings by Waluigilicious said:
Not surprised no one has picked The Red Wings (FMS) so I will go with that. I know I can do it but man it always fails.

Zero by Waluigilicious said:
As for my other choice... I'll pick a song I've only tried very few times due to doing a mass download last week. I haven't perfected it yet but I know I can. It's long though. Zero (DLC - BMS).

gOFHxWI.jpg
w3LJ8iH.jpg

Gold Saucer by Robin64 said:
Final Fantasy XIV recently got a huge update in the form of its own Gold Saucer and it's an amazing place to hang out. And of course, FFVII's Gold Saucer music plays while you do and so it's been in my head all week. I consider this pick not only a little celebration of the launch of a new Gold Saucer but also memories of my first Final Fantasy as a poor European.

Battle Wtih Magus by MrDaravon said:
yo this song is rad y'all

I like how sad Cecil is, and Tifa is apparently into Magus lol. Also approve of Robin's reasoning for the choice, I've never touched a MMO really but I think I'm going to hop into FF14 with all of the fanservice in it like the Gold Saucer and the Floating Continent in the upcoming expansion etc.

MrDaravon

I like how you picked, as best as is possible, characters for the games. Nice touch.

Honestly that, along with most of the post and it's format I stole from Adam when I picked up the torch from him. It's by far the most annoying and time consuming part of putting the post together actually lol. It's too appropriate though, I'd feel bad if I didn't do it.

MrDaravon

Done Zero! I just realised you said we need to post miiverse pics but I like taking my own pics if you don't mind. I'll post one anyway.

Nah they don't have to be miiverse pics as long as they can be made out. Ideally you'd want to post score result screens (like what you did here) as opposed to the high score from the song difficulty select screen since that screen doesn't always show the date the high score was set depending on how you post it apparently. Realistically this hasn't been an issue though, I guess it would only really come up if there was a non-AC score tie or something.

Nah they don't have to be miiverse pics as long as they can be made out. Ideally you'd want to post score result screens (like what you did here) as opposed to the high score from the song difficulty select screen since that screen doesn't always show the date the high score was set depending on how you post it apparently. Realistically this hasn't been an issue though, I guess it would only really come up if there was a non-AC score tie or something.

Well this screen doesn't show it either I think unless you set a new high score like what I did with Zero. I'd just like to add that this is a great idea for an amazing game and it's great that you guys are organising something like this.

Celegus

Also approve of Robin's reasoning for the choice, I've never touched a MMO really but I think I'm going to hop into FF14 with all of the fanservice in it like the Gold Saucer and the Floating Continent in the upcoming expansion etc.

Not gonna lie, the prospect of being able to play Triple Triad in a modern game is mighty tempting. Don't know anything else about the game, but I looooove me some Triple Triad. I'm sure I'd love it, but just don't have the time for a game like that.

MrDaravon

Well this screen doesn't show it either I think unless you set a new high score like what I did with Zero. I'd just ike to add that this is a great idea for an amazing game and it's great that you guys are organising something like this.

Right, I think the original idea was that it would be harder to fake or happen to have a screenshot of an old results screen then it would to post the screencap from the difficulty select screen which has no date on it. In reality this is a small enough group of people and I don't think anyone takes it seriously enough or would care enough to actually bother faking anything or saving old score results screenshot, so it doesn't really matter. I do think people still need to post some sort of picture proof, but other than that it doesn't really matter unless something comes up.

Also Adam Prime gets all the credit for getting this up and running, I'm just keeping it going while he's busy slacking with this "newborn baby" business.

Roto13

I don't own those BMSes so I'll probably only do the FMSes this week.

Now the I'm not going to dominate every song any more.

Kirlia

Banned
Because I am so sick of hearing Chrono Trigger's soundtrack every time the subject of video game music comes up that I want to dry heave.

You must utterly despise NIER then, haha.

Got my first Ultimate BMS All Critical in This Is The Last Battle (FFIII). It was a Today's Top Hit; I wasn't even going for All Critical and was stunned when I saw the results.

I'm improving in Force Your Way and Maybe I'm A Lion...I can get in the mid to high 8000000s a lot of the time with both. FFIX's Battle II remains a piece of shit, though...those fucking Hold Triggers! I usually never have a problem with Hold Triggers of any length, but I always stumble with this song (doesn't really help that the song opens with them).

Usually I'm just content to get All Criticals/Perfect Chains in Expert Scores and SSes or higher with Ultimates...I'll be happy if I can get in the 8000000s with Battle II. I even managed to get in the 8000000s with Assault, and that song is pure evil!

Roto13

You must utterly despise NIER then, haha.

Maybe when Nier has had 20 years over overexposure. Which will never happen. And even if it does, Chrono Trigger will have had 35 years of it by then because we're never going to reach the point when every other OCRemix isn't of Corridor of Time or Schala's Theme.

I've bought every Nier song so far.

FFIX's Battle II remains a piece of shit, though...those fucking Hold Triggers! I usually never have a problem with Hold Triggers of any length, but I always stumble with this song (doesn't really help that the song opens with them).

Usually I'm just content to get All Criticals/Perfect Chains in Expert Scores and SSes or higher with Ultimates...I'll be happy if I can get in the 8000000s with Battle II. I even managed to get in the 8000000s with Assault, and that song is pure evil!

Come. No, come closer. That's it. Just a liiiittle closer. I'm going to tell you something that will change your life. *puts one hand on your leg and whispers*
On those short green hold notes, don't press down on the beginning of them. Simply swipe when they are supposed to end, on the arrows. They are so mother ****ing deadly that the game can't keep up and registers it as a critical. It's tough to time at first but man, once you get it...

I've put up a short video showing what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuWnfV_2Q6M

bobohoro

I've bought every Nier song so far.

Good, good.

NieR > CT. And not just in music. Kehkehkeh.

I'm also sorry for not entering the league last week, but I think I'm ultimately, truely and finally, finished with the game. It was a long and entertaining ride, but right now I never really feel that I want to fire it up, maybe that will change in a couple of weeks again.

Will still follow the thread to see the matchup of Roto vs. Waluigilicious (vs maybe Wichuu).

Roto13

Come. No, come closer. That's it. Just a liiiittle closer. I'm going to tell you something that will change your life. *puts one hand on your leg and whispers*
On those short green hold notes, don't press down on the beginning of them. Simply swipe when they are supposed to end, on the arrows. They are so mother ****ing deadly that the game can't keep up and registers it as a critical. It's tough to time at first but man, once you get it...

This changes everything.

Good, good.

NieR > CT. And not just in music. Kehkehkeh.

*fistbump*

Kirlia

Banned
I just played Assault for the first time. Damn that song is hard. Started out fine then ramped up in difficulty quite fast.

After a successful summon, the song goes to Hell pretty fast. It's like He of the Name (and songs that also have insanely difficult second halves), but far, far worse.

I'm not sure I can get my brain to work like that.

MrDaravon

Random thought: how would people feel about adding either 1 or 2 (a FMS and BMS) random non-DLC tracks to the weekly challenge that wouldn't count for picking? I want to try to avoid issues like having 2 DLC BMS or 2 DLC FMS tracks which can exclude people from playing that week, but I also don't like having a dedicated slot for DLC because someone may want to vote in a DLC track, but don't have or like that week's DLC track to win to vote it in. I was thinking maybe I would just use random song select in my game until it picked a non-DLC track we haven't done yet, and add those 1 or 2 tracks to the weekly to guarantee we have a decent selection of non-DLC stuff. We'd still track scores for them and everything, but wouldn't count the winners towards making selections otherwise? And even at 6 tracks a week, and even if every track was a non-DLC track, we'd still have something like ~30 weeks before we'd see a duplicate song picked.

My main concern would be if people may not want that many tracks up every week, but it seems like most folks aren't participating in all of the DLC tracks every week anyway, so it'd maybe be a wash there?

I'm on a roll today, you guys!

zl_Cfz_THk_JMXv9_UP6_C.jpg

zl_Cfz_THl_PG4ni_Pghxt.jpg

zl_Cfz_THl_Wfg_GKRXRp_I.jpg

The Dawn Warriors only took me a couple of tries, but Battle 1 took me quite awhile. I black flagged it SO MANY TIMES, but every time I knew I was right on the cusp of getting the All Critical... really glad I stuck with it! It's such a fun song, too... I really wish they'd just add Battle 3 as DLC already!

Echoes of the Spiral I legitimately got "on accident." It was my first time playing the Ultimate Score and I wasn't really going for an All Critical since I tend to be much worse at FMSs than BMSs... imagine my surprise when I got it!

Battle 1 is probably my hardest Ultimate All Critical yet. Next: Force Your Way and Sacrifice Part Three!

Yeah right. :p

Top Bottom