• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

Kirlia

Banned
I finally found and conquered a Feral Chaos map! However, I had to use a Gambler's Spirit on the last stage because it was Ultimate One-Winged Angel...with spinning notes. Even killing him twice wasn't good enough, and he was back by the final part, which also had the most arrows...it really sucked! I even had a decent score in the 8000000s until those spinning notes at the end were too much for my characters to take...

I got Ultimate J-E-N-O-V-A (AC version) when I used the Gambler's Spirit, and, thankfully, there were no spinning notes. God, FUCK spinning notes!

I'm on a roll today, you guys!

(a bunch of rad scores)

Battle 1 is probably my hardest Ultimate All Critical yet. Next: Force Your Way and Sacrifice Part Three!

Yeah right. :p

Congrats on your achievements! Sacrifice Part Three is one of those tracks that's easy...ish...to score decent on (at least after a few tries), but probably a nightmare to All Critical because of its length. In any case, much luck to you!

Robin64

I haven't really been following online chat about this since it came out - has there ended up being any major preference between button and stylus play in terms of performance or does it not really matter?

I haven't really been following online chat about this since it came out - has there ended up being any major preference between button and stylus play in terms of performance or does it not really matter?

My motto is use whatever body part is needed to beat those songs. I just done Fallen Angel and on certain arrows I used the circle pad, and on the beginning part with the many reds I used two hands.

I use the stylus though and I believe most others do too.

That's pretty nice they're giving some DLC for free, I'll be sure to grab them and everything else on top of that. So happy to see real Emotion available finally!

It's all up to how you like it, some days I enjoy using the buttons for a bit of a change up, but I play at my best with the stylus. I think it's great having both options.

Teiran

Gotta be honest: when I entered "WTB Real Emotion" as my ProfiCard greeting, I didn't actually think they'd give me the chance.

MrDaravon

DengekI seems to think that is the case. Makes sense. They gotta move on to TDQ dlc.

Would make sense; ultimately I'm fine with the total number of tracks we've gotten, but some of the omissions/balance are weird. Like we got a million SaGa tracks but only 1 Xenogears and no Chrono Cross, etc.

5OZeH8T.jpg

Maybe I am!!!! I'm over the moon!!

suzu

Congrats~! By the way Waluigilicious, you should put quote tags around your images (so they won't be sooo huge). D:

Kirlia

Banned
Would make sense; ultimately I'm fine with the total number of tracks we've gotten, but some of the omissions/balance are weird. Like we got a million SaGa tracks but only 1 Xenogears and no Chrono Cross, etc.

There's a reason for no Chrono Cross, I think...but yeah, more Xenogears would have (or would) be nice. And no Battle 3 for Mystic Quest? Honestly, I'd be fine with six new DLC a month...or even bi-monthly. Just don't end it yet!

Also, FREE SHADOWLORD HELL YES~

EDIT: By the way, did we EVER get a reason for no Krile besides SE saying "Fuck you"?

MrDaravon

There's a reason for no Chrono Cross, I think...but yeah, more Xenogears would have (or would) be nice. And no Battle 3 for Mystic Quest? Honestly, I'd be fine with six new DLC a month...or even bi-monthly. Just don't end it yet!

Also, FREE SHADOWLORD HELL YES~

EDIT: By the way, did we EVER get a reason for no Krile besides SE saying "Fuck you"?

Yeah, I'd be okay with them coming back periodically or in small amounts.

No idea on the Krile thing. We know that she apparently was never uploaded to the servers and that apparently character DLC sold like garbage (which doesn't surprise me really), but I'm still personally baffled as to why she still didn't come out. Almost wonder if she never got uploaded or went through precert or whatever equivalent Nintendo has due to a simple oversight or error, they then saw since then that character DLC sales were non-existent, and decided not to bother at that point. I don't personally care about her at all and wouldn't buy her, but I am still annoyed in principle.

Robin64

Should have definitely been more Mystic Quest, given it's part of the damn base game. Non-FF games now have more track representation that something that has its own page and character!

MrDaravon

Going to go ahead and post my scores for this week since I don't think I'll do better/have time before Thursday:

mg4X4AB.jpg
aZFtCFq.jpg

iLRMrXz.jpg
omkIGWt.jpg

I've really had problems both this week and last where there's just a single note I'm not able to get a Critical on that I can't pinpoint, and I have to play it forever to get it. I got down to the last note after ~8 tries on Red Wings and was another 10 or so tries to get it, and I still have absolutely no idea what note it even was that I was missing :(

Still really happy with my progress though, early challenges I couldn't even All/Total Critical most of the tracks, now two weeks in a row I've done all of them that way, even if it takes me way longer than most people haha. Now I'm going back too all of the weekly challenge tracks I wasn't able to AC/TC and do those now, already knocked several of them out. Currently getting worked by the last part of Fight On!

jholmes

Weird. I almost wonder if this is it then, and they're doing that as a thank you of sorts.

I think Square-Enix just realizes no one in North America will pay for those tracks.

Meanwhile I'm on the hook for more Chrono Trigger music so I'm sure their wallets are fine all the same.

Kirlia

Banned
I think Square-Enix just realizes no one in North America will pay for those tracks.

I know Live A Live isn't the most well known video game in North America, but I'd buy all of NIER's OST for Curtain Call if I could. Shadowlord being free is AWESOME.

bobohoro

Live A Live maybe, but I can't imagine the NieR songs selling worse than most other stuff. Shadowlord being free is a nice surprise.

And for everyone looking for some great FF music, you can get all three Distant Worlds on bandcamp. Kinda surprised, you don't see japanese OSTs or similar stuff on there that often. Might not be that interesting for people in the US, since the price difference to physical isn't that big, but here in Europe you almost pay double for it.

Celegus

And for everyone looking for some great FF music, you can get all three Distant Worlds on bandcamp. Kinda surprised, you don't see japanese OSTs or similar stuff on there that often. Might not be that interesting for people in the US, since the price difference to physical isn't that big, but here in Europe you almost pay double for it.

Awesome stuff as always, some really great picks on the new CD. And I saw on the sidebar that Distant Worlds is coming to Pittsburgh in August... woot! The show a few years ago was awesome, so I'll definitely go again. I even get a discount for any Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra shows through work.

c-murph

Robin64

DLC is live in Japan. Interestingly, their two free tracks are Struggle to the Death and Devil Lord Confrontation II.

Edit: Sorry guys, Square-Enix messed up the original PR. These will be the free tracks in the west too, not the ones originally listed.

frequency

DLC is live in Japan. Interestingly, their two free tracks are Struggle to the Death and Devil Lord Confrontation II.

Edit: Sorry guys, Square-Enix messed up the original PR. These will be the free tracks in the west too, not the ones originally listed.

This makes me incredibly sad. What a huge downgrade.

Roto13

:(

Aging 99
Ancient 25
Bracing 99 75 50
Fierce 99 75 25
Foreign 99 75
New 75
Pastoral 75
Recent 99 50

Those are my nostalgic maps if anyone has anything I need and wants to trade!

4511-1776-6976

Kirlia

Banned

I'm okay with that. I was originally going to buy the FFLII song and not buy the RS3 song: identical to how I'm going to buy the NieR song and not the LaL song. Can't wait to get the CT songs, too.

MrDaravon

Bumping for the weekly challenge, this week's contest ends ~23 hours from this post.

WELCOME TO WEEK #6 OF THE NEOGAF TFF:CC COMMUNITY CHALLENGE

Previous Challenges with leaderboards as well as current stage picker rotation can be found here.

• YOU MUST SUBMIT A SCREEN SHOT OF YOUR SCORE. Example: HERE or HERE
• All four stages will be played on the Ultimate score difficulty.
• Score must have been achieved during the competition week; this is done on an HONOR system, so in the spirit of fun competition do not submit "old" high scores.
• In the event of a non-All-Critical score tie, the winner will be determined by most Criticals. If there are multiple All-Critical scores reported the users will be ranked in the order that they posted the score; this also applies to ties where the screenshots taken are from the difficulty select screen (# of Criticals cannot be determined).
• Next week's stages will be determined through a combination of the highest scorer for that Stage type (BMS or FMS) who also has gone the longest without picking a stage of that type.
• Winners are encouraged to type a short write-up of why they choose that particular song. It can be something related to a memory you have of that song or the game in which the song is featured!

This Week's Challenge (3/12/15-3/19/15 @ 5PM EST)

Whl847g.jpg
ikRPzv8.jpg

gOFHxWI.jpg
w3LJ8iH.jpg

I like how sad Cecil is, and Tifa is apparently into Magus lol. Also approve of Robin's reasoning for the choice, I've never touched a MMO really but I think I'm going to hop into FF14 with all of the fanservice in it like the Gold Saucer and the Floating Continent in the upcoming expansion etc.

Maybe I am!!!! I'm over the moon!!

Holy crap, amazing job dude! That's a really tough - and really fun - chart!

Any mention made about this set of DLC being the game's last? Or at least the last one in the Second Performance?

Dengeki Online had an article referring to it as "the final batch of songs for The Second Performance."

Ah, for some reason I thought that was still speculation. Damn.

Well, can't say it hasn't been an amazing run and a wild ride. It's probably good they're stopping DLC production, because I'd keep buying it.

Forever.

And ever.

MrDaravon

Ah, for some reason I thought that was still speculation. Damn.

Well, can't say it hasn't been an amazing run and a wild ride. It's probably good they're stopping DLC production, because I'd keep buying it.

Forever.

And ever.

Same.

The verbiage still means they could come back with a Third Performance which I think is probably not really that out of the realm of possibility, but more than likely they'll be focusing on the DQ DLC now. I'd be more than happy to see them revisit DLC for this late in the year or something.

Son Of D

Focus on DQ DLC for now, then come back to FF for a third performance (and they better include Cid's Theme, New Continent and Invisible Depths this time) whilst they make Theatrhythm DQ 2 or Theat Kingdom Hearts and end before DQ2 or KH release.

Roto13

zlCfzTIOic4lNfC-T0
zlCfzTIOkbkgNOK8Tz

I did much better than that in Gold Saucer on Thursday but I can't be bothered to dig up the screenshot so I just did a quick run through it a minute ago.

Robin64

As if we needed more proof, but just in case, the notification for this DLC says ""The 2nd Performance Concludes!"

100 extra songs as DLC, some from not-FF, which we didn't really expect. Not bad!

(So everything on the store will set you back £94.43/€104.94)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

Oh boy, people will be mad tomorrow. At least we're still getting something for free.

DLC for 19th March

BMS
Final Fantasy X-2 - Real Emotion (2:27)
Final Fantasy Legend II - Struggle to the Death (1:46)
NieR - Shadowlord (4:31)
Chrono Trigger - Boss Battle 2 (1:58)
Romancing SaGa 3 - Devil Lord Confrontation II (2:03)

FMS
Seiken Densetsu 3 - Meridian Child (2:30)
Chrono Trigger - Corridors of Time (2:14)
Live A Live - Birds in the Sky, Fish in the River (1:49)

Note: "Struggle to the Death" and "Devil Lord Confrontation II" are free until April 1st

I'm assuming since Shadowlord is a BMS song, the part of the song that is included here is mostly the one starting at around 3:00 in the YT link and not the slow part before? Can anyone confirm?

I just started playing the game two days ago, so it's a bit of a weird timing that this is the last batch of DLC. With the songs I'll be getting from it I already spend 15€ so it's probably for the best though. :p I would have REALLY liked some more FFA songs though. At least the one that's available is one of the best songs of the OST. I'd give everything for the all the Final Battle songs as BMS though :x https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXWBlXQtJCk

EDIT: Just bought Shadowlord, it starts at the beginning so the first 2/3 of the song are a bit slow for a BMS. Still works well though.

Ah yes the fun game whenever a batch of DLC comes out, how can I top up my wallet to spend the exact amount (or something very close).

In other news I got all the premium cards. Blank play style was useful but ultimately I needed to use Moulou's charm to increase my chances of finding new cards.

DLC is up in Europe.

zlCfzTIRwNkMTNeb_g

Added song length to the preview post.
Oh so it is "real Emotion" and not "Real Emotion"...unless this one of those retranslated song titles.

Top Bottom