• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This PC keyboard is something else

Buggy Loop

Why are keyboards interesting in general? I got an heavy dose of mechanical keyboards years ago, custom KBs with custom keys with custom switches. Then i went complete opposite and returned to an MX keys for the low profile switches and low noise, as mechanical keyboards during the night would literally wake up the kids.

But this...

$450

Price of a fucking console

You know what? I'll wait for reviews, but if its positive i won't even hesitate to buy this. Human interface is such a big part of PCs, this is completely nuts and a game changer if it works as advertised.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Price is steep but so is the urge to own one of these. Let's just wait and see...

CuNi

I recently bought a wooting 60HE to test how analog keyboards feel.

If that thing convinces the hardcore users and enters mass production and drops it price to around 300€, I might consider getting it. I'd hope for more gaming support for it tho like out of the box per game backgrounds etc.

nemiroff

Gold Member
It's cool, but I don't normally look at my keyboard.

..But I guess you can run it minimal.

Hmm.., and it could be very useful for my flight simulators..

I probably need to buy one.

Soodanim

Seems cool in theory, but what software is actually gonna support the customised keys?

Definitely would take over the RGB crowd though if it drops in price to something more manageable.
I imagine unless they let fan made profiles on, which will just fill up with weird hentai shit in minutes, it will be restricted to OS key commands, Photoshop, and Office. Very very niche product that is never going to get widespread support any other way.

20cent

Banned
Looks like an evolved version of this old concept / real product:

30922_1_600.jpeg

optimax-2.jpg

popularis01.jpg

Paasei

Looks cool, I agree. Really cool, actually. Needs an option for normal keys instead of flat. Still a little too expensive for a keyboard.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
That looks incredible. Probably a bit too expensive for me, but man I am tempted.

VN1X

Banned
Why are keyboards interesting in general? I got an heavy dose of mechanical keyboards years ago, custom KBs with custom keys with custom switches. Then i went complete opposite and returned to an MX keys for the low profile switches and low noise, as mechanical keyboards during the night would literally wake up the kids.

But this...

$450

You know what? I'll wait for reviews, but if its positive i won't even hesitate to buy this. Human interface is such a big part of PCs, this is completely nuts and a game changer if it works as advertised.

What's more funny is that you measure pricing by equating it to a console lol.

Some of you genuinely have nothing else on the brain. :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Buggy Loop

so the keys make contact with the touchscreen?

No apparently not. The keyboard has maglev switches to detect press. I’m not even sure it’s a touch screen to begin with.

The sound of typing is also nice, not hitting the display

From website’s FAQ

How do the keys work?​

The keys contain magnets along their perimeter which are attracted by magnets in the frame which surrounds them. This magnetic attraction suspends them in place and provides the return force which makes the key bounce back after depressing - similar to a spring.

Is it a touchscreen like on my phone or tablet?​

No, the keyboard does not function as a touchscreen. This means there is no accidental actuation from resting fingers on the keys.

Puscifer

No apparently not. The keyboard has maglev switches to detect press. I’m not even sure it’s a touch screen to begin with.

The sound of typing is also nice, not hitting the display

From website’s FAQ

How do the keys work?​

The keys contain magnets along their perimeter which are attracted by magnets in the frame which surrounds them. This magnetic attraction suspends them in place and provides the return force which makes the key bounce back after depressing - similar to a spring.

Is it a touchscreen like on my phone or tablet?​

No, the keyboard does not function as a touchscreen. This means there is no accidental actuation from resting fingers on the keys.

Seems so pointless, just get the Wooting 60HE

Holammer

Price is not *so* bad, my current keyboard goes for 2.5 Dual Sense controllers.
What really sell it is the modular components.

Buggy Loop

It's cool, but I don't normally look at my keyboard.

..But I guess you can run it minimal.

Hmm.., and it could be very useful for my flight simulators..

I probably need to buy one.

I was thinking about that yes!

DCS is mind numbing with the keyboard keys to control airplane.

For sure someone will make a mn icon based interface for each plane modules on this.

Peoples are like “this is expensive”, while anything custom or interface for sims are like starting at that price for barely any other features than a very specific use.

Changing key binds in those games is easy enough but you have to remember them! And each modules have particularities.

You can put the keyboard at an angle and have a sim rig DDU for race replacement that costs $500 by itself with no other purposes

Sim-Dash.jpg

nani17

are in a big trouble
For those that know this is pretty cheap if you go down the custom keyboard route.

taeha types makes some god tier amazing keyboards

Last edited:

nkarafo

I need a cheap, sturdy, simple no complex parts keyboard in front of me, so it can take a beat for when my PC isn't cooperating.

But this...

$450

Trash...

I really want to see some real innovation with PC interfaces, mouse and keyboard are a 40 + years old concept, just putting a lcd behind it isn't enough.

Fuz

Banned
As someone who only plays with M+K, this looks like cool, unusable, uncomfortable crap.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Trash...

I really want to see some real innovation with PC interfaces, mouse and keyboard are a 40 + years old concept, just putting a lcd behind it isn't enough.

No one is stopping you from inventing something "innovating". Please go ahead, I'm sure you have everyone's blessing. Let us know how it goes.

No one is stopping you from inventing something "innovating". Please go ahead, I'm sure you have everyone's blessing. Let us know how it goes.

Dumbest answer ever...

I'm not in that business but I'm a customer and I've been using keyboards(mechanical, scissors, rubber dome) for the last 30 years.... and yes there's no innovation, THAT'S A FACT.

I have some ideas, but I'm in no position to bring them into this world, that doesn't mean I can't criticize mediocrity when I see it... People like you are the ones to blame when companies call "add fancy lights/displays" to anything a "Innovation"

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Duuuuude. I’ve been spending the last two weeks going down the rabbit hole of wireless mechanical keyboards.

I’m still researching what I want to buy, and never realized there was a modding enthusiast community behind it. There’s some seriously sweet looking keyboards out there!

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
For those that know this is pretty cheap if you go down the custom keyboard route.

taeha types makes some god tier amazing keyboards

This is so fucking stupid.
That moment he wears white gloves
And starts to test clacking sounds like some dogtier idiot 🤣©️
Man i love how some of them look but this makes audiophiles look sane

I have the corsair k71
And a ducky one 2 sf

Last edited:
Top Bottom