• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three new titles in Capcom leak

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
All new IPs? Awesome. 1974 New York setting reminds me of The Secret World.

Some Nobody

Sound promising but I am cautious.

Example. Ex witcher 2 devs take on their own vision of dark souls. What game am I talking about?

Lord of the Fallen? If so, that was an ex-Witcher publisher not developer.

And, someone actually had a good suggestion in that Knights of the Aegis could basically be a continuation of RE6-style gameplay. Most people said the game itself was great, just...not for RE. I'd be down for that.

Zukkoyaki

The Mech one actually does but the one that sounds the least believable is Lost Star. The scope sounds like something way beyond the budget of a company that needed SF V and MvC Infinite to be subsidized by a third party.
Really? I mean yeah based on the description it sounds similar to Mass Effect but it could also be something like XCOM.

Squire

Banned
KoA I could see being Itsunos game despite being a shooter. Which would mean, yeah, no DMC5.

The mech game is weird considering KoA is already a shooter...

Lost Star is probably Lost Planet and I'm gonna guess it's a western studio that's making it, too. Sounds like a clear shot at Mass Effect money.

Dahbomb

Broken Horizon looks like it's in the same universe as Lost Planet.

Sounds like a reboot for that series to me with a rebranding of sorts.

And DMC5 doesn't need to be leaked because it's coming anyway.

kc44135

Damn, came into this thread hoping for the Holy Trinity, y'all. Dino Crisis, DMC, and Dragon's Dogma. But, all I got was itsfuckingnothing.gif. :/ Also, these really don't seem like the type of projects Capcom would greenlight nowadays. They seem kinda risky and experimental (I guess you could argue that RE7 was risky, but first-person horror games are quite popular now, so it probably wasn't all that much of a risk, really), and they also feel very Western flavored. I'm pretty sure they said they were done outsourcing stuff awhile ago, and the only Western Capcom studio I know is Vancouver, so yeah, not really sure what to make of this, tbh.

Qvoth

so deep down unofficially officially dead?
wtzgU.gif

Are you forgetting he made DMC2?

Actually no he didn't. It's been confirmed by him and Hideki Kamiya himself that Itsuno only came on board for the last few months of the project. He was originally helmed by somebody else.

In fact, I argue anything redeeming in that game was whatever Itsuno was able to do in those few months.

Some Nobody

No it was developers. Point stands that intrigue will get me to watch it at a glance, but I wont buy into the hype until I have the certainty I need.

Okay then.

The rest of your point should apply to any game though, so fair point there.

Last Star is a sequel to this Capcom game:

019b5091282fa77f57ce65ab4cdfd546f598a2fd_large.jpg

lol, there's no way, right? Did that game sell?

Sidenote: Supposedly there's more pics coming soon, so eventually this thing is going to prove itself to be a vicious lie or potentially the truth. I'm actually leaning towards at least one of these being a mobile game, if not all, now that someone brought it up.

DMiz

Definitely feels like some of these are either project names or code names. I don't think Knights of Aegis -- as the name of a game title -- would sell to a mainstream public, to be honest.

Regardless, given how much trouble Capcom has had with Panta Rhei and the quiet of some of their earlier projects that were in development for this generation (Deep Down, anyone?), I have high doubts that they are in a position to fund 3 new IPs.

Don't really play online or co-op so the middle one probably wouldn't be for me, but Knights and Lost Star sound really cool from the bullet points, if real.

Top Bottom