• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three new titles in Capcom leak

Some Nobody

An added picture magically appeared:

-UPDATE-
Some sites have questioned this post due to the Lost Star image using what appears to be a stock image from google. Well here is another image for the game:

z82uaAL.jpg

Look, we get that this is the internet and that lots of sites post fake news. We however, do not!

I was under the impression that the second picture was from Broken Horizon, but it appears it was from Lost Star all along. Go figure.

Some Nobody

What's the third one? RE8/spin-off?

Oh, and I agree. Some of these have to be either mobile or some sort of collaborative/exclusive deals.

VR thing kinda make sense and a new mainline RE is pretty much a surefire bet when it comes to garnering attention. But new IPs or DMC? I'm not so sure.

REmake 2, MvC:I, and DMC5. And that's without thinking of Monster Hunter or the people working on mobile games and new content for SF5. There's no way these exist without some sort of caveat.

Edit: Damn, didn't mean to 2x post. >_<

Honestly Capcom is one of those companies I would rather did just stick to their existing IP, and do to dino Crisis/Megaman/DMC etc what they did for RE7: go back to what made those games great and use that as a framework for adapting them to a modern audience.

Honestly Capcom is one of those companies I would rather did just stick to their existing IP, and do to dino Crisis/Megaman/DMC etc what they did for RE7: go back to what made those games great and use that as a framework for adapting them to a modern audience.

Same. They have plenty of dormant IP that could be used well. Dino Crisis and DMC should be first in line.

Dabi

Capcom wants to be the best developer in the world yet there isn't any news of a Viewtiful Joe reboot. C'monnnnnn

Some Nobody

I'll be honest: I don't even think these are real and this is the most interested I've been in Capcom in years. Mega Man only matters to me if he's in an A/RPG. DMC is kinda whatever. Dino Crisis would be cool I guess, but when I think of Capcom I rarely think of IPs I hold near and dear to my heart.

A new Breath of Fire would be great, but well...y'know. :p

Dremark

Banned
I find it difficult to believe that 3 Capcom games would leak and none of them would be a sequel considering thier history since the 8 bit days.

REmake 2, MvC:I, and DMC5. And that's without thinking of Monster Hunter or the people working on mobile games and new content for SF5. There's no way these exist without some sort of caveat.

Edit: Damn, didn't mean to 2x post. >_<

Ah, you said forget about DMC5, so I thought you had another title in mind. But yeah, since it's not officially announced (or even hinted at really) I wouldn't bet on DMC5 just yet.

me0wish

Oh boy my old friends at Capcom what groundbreaking new titles might they be work--

youre still dead to me, you bastards

Exactly my thought, I don't understand how can people be excited? It doesn't have to excite me to excite others, but this really just sounds boring as hell.

Anilkaos

Neo Member
These games came to mind when reading those descriptions

1. Knights of aegis - Legendary
2. Broken Horizon - Titanfall
3. Lost Star - Mass effect

Would love to see game similar to legendary which doesn't suck, and always up for more mass effect

Intrigued

They can't be doing all these projects in-house, right? The current Capcom is limited in both manpower and funding. I'm sure at least one of those three is funded by the console company and the other are collaboration with other publishers.

Exactly my thought, I don't understand how can people be excited? It doesn't have to excite me to excite others, but this really just sounds boring as hell.

Interesting settings, new IPs, plenty of Lost Planet fans around (a series which is pretty different to most shooters).

If you really don't understand how people could be excited, well, I guess you just don't understand people?

Santar

Now this is just my instant gut feelings on the matter:
None of these sound very exciting, well maaaaybe that spaceship one but that was a bit more vague.
The first one gave me The order 1886 and Legendary vibes, both in setting and success rate.
They just sounds like generic boring flops.
I'd much rather they revive Deep Down (as a non free to play offline enabled game).

Raitaro

Oh wow, THREE new titles!

ctrl-f Mega Man: sigh...
ctrl-f Ghouls 'n Ghosts: sigh...
ctrl-f Final Fight: sigh...
ctrl-f Darkstalkers: sigh...
ctrl-f Dino Crisis: sigh...
ctrl-f Rival Schools: sigh...
ctrl-f Bionic Commando: sigh...
ctrl-f Devil May Cry: sigh...
ctrl-f Breath of Fire: sigh...
ctrl-f Dragon's Dogma: sigh...
ctrl-f Deep Down: sigh...

So what happened to their commitment to do more with old IP's here? I mean, two new IP + a Lost Planet reboot is cool and all (heck, I actually wished for the latter to happen), but still no word on any old IP reboot / sequel, any sequels to more modern Capcom classics like DD and DMC or even on the one new IP they already announced (Deep Down)?

I really don't get Capcom sometimes, unless these are all longer term releases that will be preceded by some of the above on shorter term. I really had hoped for some collaboration with Nintendo on a Mega Man game at least, or perhaps with Platinum Games on something (like Dino Crisis). That said, after Resident Evil 7 turned out so fantastically despite initial criticism by many, I will be anticipating any new game they'll announce with optimism.

Some Nobody

Setting is like, 50% of why I play a video game in the first place and the setting for Knights of Aegis and Lost Star are pretty cool. That's why I'm excited, personally.

tooevil

Skux

There's no way all of the exist. And if they do, they don't exist as AAA console games.

If anything they're working titles for new DMC and Lost Planet games.

Outside Broken Horizon I don't feel the other 2 titles, they feel a bit way too generic, I mean why do those instead of a Dino Crisis game or even reboot Onimusha.

Dino Crisis in this day, with very few games focusing on dinosaurs, Dino Crisis may swoop over and take all the glory. Same goes for Onimusha.

Hellraider

Outside Broken Horizon I don't feel the other 2 titles, they feel a bit way too generic, I mean why do those instead of a Dino Crisis game or even reboot Onimusha.

Dino Crisis in this day, with very few games focusing on dinosaurs, Dino Crisis may swoop over and take all the glory. Same goes for Onimusha.

I want Nioh to be a huge success just to watch Capcom crying over the fact that this could have been them.

Order 1886 wasn't a shooter. It was glorified walking simulator.
This exactly sounds like a DMC game. First thing popped my mind was Nero with Gun tbh. Magic+ gunz baby
The setting (the demon bit) sounds a little bit like DMC, I admit. But besides that, it didn't gave me DMC vibes at all. It's supposed to be a shooter and while DMC let's you shoot guns, it's far from being a shooter.

BasilZero

All sound and looks good from the info release but need to see actual footage to see what I a thallus think about it.

Hopefully sooner than later.

Jawmuncher

I just got back to my PC, whats the verdict? Fake?

The magic 8-ball says "Unsure"

There's nothing that says these are fake, but there ain't any overwhelming evidence saying these are real either.

There's also the weird ground that these are real pitches of games that were later cancelled internally.

Top Bottom