• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titan X announced, 12GB framebuffer, 8 billion transistors.

Zel3

Did anybody see what size pcie power headers the card had?

Fei9mo7.jpg

Hard to tell.

Love the color scheme, almost tempted to not water cool it.

NotBacon

So glad I've held off on PC gaming. Should be able to pick up the Titan Y when it comes out and be set for eternity.

Hawk269

this is the single gpu upgrade from sli i've been waiting for

frothing anticipation

I take it you game at 4k as well? Because as of today, there does not exist a GPU that can do 4k & 60fps in modern games with the majority of things turned to high/ultra. If this card can do it, I will get one faster than Smokey can!!! I am currently running 2 Original Titan's in SLI under water and while they are great, 4k/60fps is not doable even with 2 of them.

While I want to believe that a single GPU can pull it off, I kind of doubt it and in order to go 4k/60fps at MAX settings I still think it would take 2 of these new cards in SLI. I would love to be proven wrong however.

So, real talk here. How long would this monster last me if I were to buy it? 3 years? 4?

Real talk my GTX 680 has lasted me since it came out (I think early 2012) and I had no real need to upgrade. So I would suspect this will last a good 3-4 years unless you want to go like 4k gaming with VR or something.

Hawk269

It's interesting to note that 1.5 years after the PS4 launched that what will likely be a $1000 videocard is only 50% more powerful (8GB RAM vs 12GB here). This is why I find it difficult to start PC gaming despite the usually lower game prices.

Sorry to be that guy, but you have no clue as to what you are talking about. Seriously, your analogy is so far off the mark and cringe worthy that I almost spit up a little reading your reply.

You do realize that GPU's existed before the PS4 that are more powerful than the PS4 and we are not talking the super high end cards that were out 1.5 years ago?

Smokey

i don't get it, whats the point of all this power if nobody is taking advantage of it.

have you tried to game at 4k with a modern title with acceptable frame rates w/ high or max settings

you should try and report back

Sorry to be that guy, but you have no clue as to what you are talking about. Seriously, your analogy is so far off the mark and cringe worthy that I almost spit up a little reading your reply.

You do realize that GPU's existed before the PS4 that are more powerful than the PS4 and we are not talking the super high end cards that were out 1.5 years ago?

hawk pls

you are a vet. horse has been pulling this for years and people keep falling for it lmao

What was the launch price of the original Titan?

$1,000

Principate

Saint Titanfall
i don't get it, whats the point of all this power if nobody is taking advantage of it.

Well at least buyers will sob with the comfort of hopefully 4k @ 60fps.

Plus there's plenty of Korean pc exclusives on the way out that'll likely require some more demanding hardware than the standard.

Dr Dogg

Well that seems inline with the more recent rumours and such, though would have thought they would have unveiled it at their own event in a couple of weeks time. More importantly anyone want to buy a couple of soon to be on the market 780's :p

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
2 words

Star

Citizen

Everybody keeps talking about Star Citizen as the final graphics benchmark but i never saw anything that made me go WOW.

Not trying to be an ass, just curious if you have some footage or the claims are based on what they are aiming to achieve in terms of technology.

It's interesting to note that 1.5 years after the PS4 launched that what will likely be a $1000 videocard is only 50% more powerful (8GB RAM vs 12GB here). This is why I find it difficult to start PC gaming despite the usually lower game prices.

Yeah that sucks, only being able to do 45fps versus 30fps for PS4 Witcher 3 1080p

If we wait even longer, perhaps a dual Titan can get PC to 60fps.

Is it compatible with SLI?

of course
Everybody keeps talking about Star Citizen as the final graphics benchmark but i never saw anything that made me go WOW.

Not trying to be an ass, just curious if you have some footage or the claims are based on what they are aiming to achieve in terms of technology.

Physicalized, shaded, shadowed volumetric particles. Physicalized mesh deformation. Multiple million polygon ships. People walking around in ships whilst flying around at hundreds if not 1,000s of kilometers a second. Massive battlecruisers and carriers with 100s of NPC interacting. As well as a next gen character pipeline above and beyond that found in Ryse.

It will definitely be rather intense.

It's still a year away from release, they designed it with future graphics cards in mind.

I missed the stream. Is Tiitan X the new Pascall card, or based on this gen Maxwell, or just like the normal Titan, Titan Black, Titan Black Z based on previous Kepler? Is it one chunk of 12 GB or two chunks of 6GB like the Titan Black Z?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Soooo.... How long would this future proof me?

Not an expert, to be sure but man- that's a lot of things.

Like has been said 4 years should be a reasonable estimate. GPU technology really isn't moving as fast as it used to, so don't expect this card to suddenly become significantly outdated any time soon.

Top Bottom