• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titan X announced, 12GB framebuffer, 8 billion transistors.

Dear. God.

Edit:
image.php

Zaph

Seriously consider it if it's under £1k.

Been thinking about grabbing a Dell 5k monitor from work, but don't want to replace my Dell 1440p without a GPU which can handle 5k on medium high settings. CBA with SLI hassle.

AmyS

It's interesting to note that 1.5 years after the PS4 launched that what will likely be a $1000 videocard is only 50% more powerful (8GB RAM vs 12GB here). This is why I find it difficult to start PC gaming despite the usually lower game prices.

The GTX 680 that launched in March 2012, almost 1 year before PS4 was even announced was already considerably more powerful than the then yet-to-be revealed PS4.

comparisom of two important specs
GTX 680: ~3.0 TFLOPs - 32.2 billion pixels/sec (release March 2012)

PS4: ~1.8 TFLOPS - 25.6 billion pixels/sec (release November 2013)

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Seriously consider it if it's under £1k.

Been thinking about grabbing a Dell 5k monitor from work, but don't want to replace my Dell 1440p without a GPU which can handle 5k on medium high settings. CBA with SLI hassle.

If it's £1k probably not if I can find it a fair bit under that then it's a definite possibility.

Journey

Banned
It's interesting to note that 1.5 years after the PS4 launched that what will likely be a $1000 videocard is only 50% more powerful (8GB RAM vs 12GB here). This is why I find it difficult to start PC gaming despite the usually lower game prices.

What kind of math are you applying? TitanZ has 8.1 Tflops of computational power, that's closer to 400% or like 4 PS4's taped together, and only GOD knows what Titan X will have, 600% - 800% more power? :O

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
It's still a year away from release, they designed it with future graphics cards in mind.

Yeah, i understand this. I never followed the project close. I just find curious that even with few media that we can see a lot of people are quick to point them as the prime example.

I'm not saying that they aren't, i just would like to see more about the project to share the excitement. (maybe it's my fault that i don't follow it close)

Sorry for being off-topic

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It's actually the physical embodiment of "the power of the cloud", just that you'll have to spend at least 1K for it and it doesn't work with the XB1.

If Microsoft actually starts to commit to cross-platform development properly maybe it's what the power of the cloud was all along.

kabel

My 270X cries in the corner.

But I won't upgrade until there are 16nm GPUs with HBM for under 200€.

So 2016 it will be....

mr stroke

The only thing crying will be people's bank accounts. I'll be shocked if this is a sub-$1500 card.

no way NVIDIA prices this THAT high. Otherwise 2x980's would be cheaper and offer more performance.

My guess $1099
(crossing fingers for $1000 so I can get 2)

Dr. Kaos

Banned
Oh, I remember the good old days, when the best GPU available cost $399 and $500 was considered outrageous.

nVidia deserves a salute for managing to convince people to buy GPUs for thousands of dollars!

Press F to pay respects.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Oh, I remember the good old days, when the best GPU available cost $399 and $500 was considered outrageous.

nVidia deserves a salute for managing to convince people to buy GPUs for thousands of dollars!

Press F to pay respects.

It's pretty much down to lack of competition. Sadly same with Intel CPU's

Hawk269

have you tried to game at 4k with a modern title with acceptable frame rates w/ high or max settings

you should try and report back

hawk pls

you are a vet. horse has been pulling this for years and people keep falling for it lmao

$1,000

Your are right Smokey, I let that comment get the best of me. It did reek of stupidity and I fell for it. Hehe.

So you getting 1 or 2 of these? I am eyeing SLI, I think SLI will easily give us 4k/60fps at max setting in all games (assuming here).

AmyS

I'll probably go with an 8GB GTX 1080 (or whatever)

One would think Nvidia will launch GTX 1000 series in time for Windows 10 in the late summer or early fall.

AMD's R9-300 series is meant to be coming late spring / early summer.

mkenyon

Banned
Your are right Smokey, I let that comment get the best of me. It did reek of stupidity and I fell for it. Hehe.

So you getting 1 or 2 of these? I am eyeing SLI, I think SLI will easily give us 4k/60fps at max setting in all games (assuming here).
Why so low Hawk?

Aim for the stars.

Wow you have no idea what you're talking about.

viveks86

Was pretty funny seeing him walk in with the card wrapped up in his jacket. Did NOT see that coming. Especially after yesterday's snorefest. I guess they are holding everything back for GTC

Top Bottom