• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 - Angel City's Most Wanted: The Patch Notes

Stand outs are the FoV slider on consoles and advanced gamepad options
https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/7729/angel-citys-most-wanted-the-patch-notes

CydcYzPVQAAqZ4g.jpg

If you have early access to Angel City map you can start playing today at 4pm in the 24/7 playlist only. If you do not have early access then it's live on 12/2 at 4pm PST. At that time we'll adding Angel City to map rotation for other playlists.

New Content [FREE]

New Map: We are welcoming Angel City to Titanfall 2 with a 24/7 playlist, meaning if you just want to play Angel City all day and night you can!

Playlist will be a mix of Attrition / Bounty Hunt / Amped Hardpoint.
We will keep it up as long as it remains popular.
Angel City will also be added to the map rotation for other playlists.

New Titan Kits:

• RONIN: Phase Reflex

When doomed, Ronin phases out of danger.

• NORTHSTAR: Threat Optics

Enemies are highlighted while zooming in.

• SCORCH: Scorched Earth

Flame Core ignites the ground, leaving thermite in its wake.

• LEGION: Hidden Compartment

Power Shot has two charges

• TONE: Burst Loader

Aiming allows the 40mm to store up to 3 shots to burst fire.

• ION: Refraction Lens

Splitter Rifle splits 5 ways.

• New Weapon "Wingman Elite" pistol

A modified version of the classic Wingman pistol.

• New Pilot Execution "Inner Pieces"

Phase Shift into an enemy and… it doesn’t go well for them.

New Content [Things you can buy]

• Scorch and Ion Prime Titans:

Stand out with fresh new looks and executions!

• Titan Art Packs:

Customize your Titan with five new Nose Arts and an exclusive Warpaint skin. Each of the 6 Multiplayer Titans have their own art pack available.

• Callsign Pack:

Includes instant access to 20 new and exclusive Callsigns Banners and 10 Callsign Patches.

• Camo Pack:

Includes 20 new and exclusive Camos that can be applied to every Titan, Titan Weapon, Pilot, and Pilot Weapon.

New Features

• Added FOV slider to console, increased FOV maximum to 110 on all platforms.
  • Added Film Grain slider.
  • You can now toggle between having a 2D or 3D style damage indicator in the HUD options.
  • Added a new in-game store to purchase Prime Titans, Titan Art Packs, Callsign Pack, and Camo Pack. Please note, all purchasable items are cosmetic only and do not effect game balance.
  • New setting to adjust aiming/ADS sensitivity separate from hipfire sensitivity.
  • A new set of advanced & optional gamepad settings for fine adjustment of turn speeds, deadzones, response curves, and more.
  • Added Support for EA Access, Origin Access, and free Multiplayer Trials.
  • FAQ added to Multiplayer lobby. Your one-stop shop to learn the basics of Titanfall 2 multiplayer - includes in-game patch notes!
  • Modified matchmaking status display to fit longer text needed for some languages.
  • PC Only - Removed "Insane" texture quality and replaced with "Max". No reduction in visual quality for those with enough VRAM, but will reduce hitches when streaming in textures.
  • Display Callsigns for the top 3 players per match during post match scoreboard.
  • Increased likelihood of finding Nessie easter egg in [redacted] mission that no one has found yet. Or did we?
  • Multiplayer Stats menu added to view player stats history. Please note that stats have been tracked since day 1.

Balance Changes

• Killing Auto Titans will now count towards killing sprees and contribute to towards Camo unlocks.
  • Fixed Bounty Titan scoring in Bounty Hunt.
  • Grapple will now detach after melee hit even if person melee'ed lives.
  • Adjustments to Northstar's Flight Core.
  • Overcore now starts your Titan Core meter at 30%.
  • Adjusted Viper Thrusters so that in addition to moving faster during Flight Core and Northstar now moves faster during Hover as well.
  • Adjusted Scorch’s Tempered Plating damage reduction, and fixed issue with protecting against Fire Wall.
  • Adjusted weighting on map rotations.
  • Adjusted visibility of Cloak.
  • Firing your weapon will now also disable Cloak.
  • Additional balancing to Tone.
  • Titan kills properly award weapon assist stats to assisting players.
  • Tweaked parameters to reduce immediate reuse of spawn zones, but allow reusing them later in the match.
  • Connected a couple of spawn zone pairs in Crashsite.
  • Reduced chances of getting spawn camped.
  • Spawn zones are more fair in Bounty Hunt (equalizes distance to AI camps).
  • Bounty Hunt changes:
    -When an AI kills a player, that AI now receives half of that player's bonus.
    -Center bonus popup now shows bonus gained rather than total bonus
    -Rebalanced point distribution among waves so that second wave has a larger impact on the game overall.
    -Boss titans are now worth 500 points (was 600).
    -Reapers are now worth 100 points (was 50).
    -Stalkers are now worth 30 points (was 25).
    -Score bar now shows team's total unbanked bonus as a yellow portion of the score bar.
    -Modes that do not have Titans (such as Pilots vs Pilots, and Coliseum) no longer display the team titan status bar below their score bars.

WEAPONS

• Flatline - increased far and very far pilot damage
  • Volt - reduced pilot damage
  • R97 - increased pilot damage
  • Spitfire - increased pilot damage
  • L-Star - increased pilot damage
  • Double Take - increased damage
  • EPG - slight increase in splash damage; increased titan damage
  • Thunderbolt - increased pilot and titan direct hit damage

Bug Fixes

• Disabled the ability to earn Double XP during Private Matches.
  • PC Only - Fixed issue with Win10 users who were stuck with "Connecting to Respawn Servers…"
  • Fixed issue where assists were being counted as kills for weapons. Weapons will now also properly receive assist stats when assisting in killing Titans.
  • Fixed issue with bad spawns for Last Titan Standing on Exoplanet.
  • Fixed bug where game completion achievements were not being rewarded when playing the missions out of order.
  • Fixed bug where folks were crashing after grappling evac ship just before it's destroyed. Swing away!
  • Fixed issue on Blood and Rust where players were getting stuck in a death loop.
  • Fixed bug where players would appear to be stuck in ground during executions.
  • Fixed issues with collision for hardpoints and banks as well as mantling when jumping on staircases.
  • Fixed issue of not being able to tap and shoot Softball with Autosprint.
  • Fixed issue of Kraber shooting through bubble shields.
  • Fixed incorrect Pilot character sometimes showing in lobby on first game launch.
  • Fixed HUD ammo counter occasionally showing an incorrect amount when using the Devotion.
  • Fixed grapple not detaching if it was unsuccessfully trying to pull you downwards.
  • Fixed skin and camo arms not matching player camo when rodeoing
  • Various localization issues fixed.
  • Fixed Genned Factions not receiving Advocate Gifts - retroactively send any missed Advocate Gifts to affected users.
  • Fixed “New” indicator incorrectly staying on for the Banner and Patch menus.
  • PC Only - Various D3D bug and crash fixes
  • Fix melee hit detection to be more reliable.
  • Fixed issue with Titans not displaying loadout information properly.
  • Fixed bug where players could suicide with a cooked grenade and kill opponent without taking damage in Coliseum.
  • Fixed the grappling hook floating in the air if the grappled player dies. This also fixes some weird forward lunging after grapple melee.
  • Fixed grapple failing to detach from some objects the cord touched while you were grappling.

Mesoian

PC Only - Fixed issue with Win10 users who were stuck with "Connecting to Respawn Servers…"

Awesome. Had that last night, took 15 minutes to get into a game even though we had 12/12.

Symphonic

Really pumped at how well they're supporting the game despite the disappointing launch sales. Hope this drives sales going forward, I want it to stay alive on PC for as long as possible.

malfcn

May come back. I finished the campaign and played a handful of skirmishes. But tired when I was constantly spawn camped.

Keep doing work Respawn. Hopefully they get the players the game and franchise deserves.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can I purchase the premium content with the in-game currency I earn from completing matches or is it real money only?

Arttemis

I just got the game two days ago via the Flash Sale, and it's fantastic!

Spent all of my free time this morning playing matches wishing for a FOV slider. When will this go live?

Wish they would go more in depth with their balance changes. Instead of increased/reduced pilot damage.

Although the damage numbers in their games are weird so I don't think it would make too much difference if they did.

So so excited. This clears up a lot of people's complaints for sure.

Can't wait to test everything out! Especially the improved melee hitbox.

Also I think it's worth pointing out that people will be able to try the game before buying now!

Firing your weapon will now also disable Cloak.
Well that's one hell of a change.

I'll admit I was surprised that it worked the way it did from day one, because in the campaign the cloak would also end as soon as you fired a weapon.

This will definitely change the way I approach that skill. Hmmm.

Props to Respawn, their dedicated support for the game, and in including patch notes in-game, as it should be.

mulac

Is there any impact to SP?
I finished the game (ps4) yesterday but might jump in again if changes are good...

Top Bottom