• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 Teaser, full reveal June 12th at EA Play at 1PM PT, PC/XB1/PS4

Theorry

Server browser was never an issue. Lack of content at launch was, despite the updates later on. And battlefield was a long established franchise with a todal wave of hype and day one sales. You think it was a coincidence that EA launched Origin with it as its leading exclusive?
Well, in any case, it can only help the game for it to be released on Steam. More exlusive customers.
Can shinobu shed some light on this? Or even someone from Respawn directly?

Server browser really affects it. Remember the outcry when they said Battlefront wouldnt have any server browser. Same with Titanfall.

Somnia

Hmmm, did I ever say otherwise ?
I'm not saying the game was bad, I actually liked it a lot.

I'm just wonderind if the team who made the first will make the second, or if there were massive layoffs and people leaving the studio after Titanfall died.

Yes but my question was about the team developping Titanfall 2.
Is it the same core dev tem who made the original ? I'm asking because I thought the original in terms of gameplay was really good and would love to see them improve on it.

To my knowledge they've gained members not lost. I do not remember anything about layoffs or any major player leaving.

Matt Frost

Yes please, I want Titanfall on PS4 and better with swords and jungle... this, new Mirrors Edge: Catalyst and a new Dead Space (more like the first than the two things released after, please) and I will be happy with EA again.

I'm just wonderind if the team who made the first will make the second, or if there were massive layoffs and people leaving the studio after Titanfall died.

Yes but my question was about the team developping Titanfall 2.
Is it the same core dev tem who made the original ? I'm asking because I thought the original in terms of gameplay was really good and would love to see them improve on it.

Ah I see what you mean, yes it is still the original team, and there are no known departures from the team. The only one who left is Todd Alderman who was a founding member of Respawn but he was not very much involved in Titanfall's development, he left the company quite early during the development and moved on to Riot Games, then back to Infinity Ward making CoD. They actually gained quite a couple big names, like the majority of the God of War 3 development team, includes director Stig Asmussen.

Can't wait! Titanfall is the best shooter since MW2 in my opinion, had a lot of fun with the original and look forward to more footage of it this year.

It was on Azure because they were working with Azure already (AI etc stuff) before EA picked them up.
So EA couldnt do much. Now with Titanfall 2 they are there from the beginning. No way its going to be on Azure even if i really want it to.

They are still on their modified Source, an engine that has Azure tie ins. Your claims are simply based on "because EA"

Nice. Very happy this is going to be on PS4 now (though I bet some exclusive dlc will likely be on XBone).

Hopefully they do away with the "multiplayer as story mode" stuff and have an actual story mode this time.

Fall 2016 please?

Ah I see what you mean, yes it is still the original team, and there are no known departures from the team. The only one who left is Todd Alderman who was a founding member of Respawn but he was not very much involved in Titanfall's development, he left the company quite early during the development and moved on to Riot Games, then back to Infinity Ward making CoD.
Then he left Infinity Ward again after a few months and he is back to Respawn.

Theorry

Quality of the shading makes me think it's Source 2. But if they're getting Source to look and run that good then excellent. They put in work and it sung on the first game. Server browser is a must for me.

Most of all the gunplay was good because of it. It felt solid and you never felt cheated or dying behind corners. Wich was quite abit a breath of fresh air coming of the Battlefield 4 launch. Just before it.

They are still on their modified Source, an engine that has Azure tie ins. Your claims are simply based on "because EA"

Yes they are. I dont see EA put this out of their hands. Will see soon enough.

I'm in. Titanfall was ridiculously solid.

I think that Respawn pretty much nailed the most important elements (movement/controls, balance, and maps) right out of the gate, things that so many other shooters seem to have problems with.

It definitely didn't have the legs of some other FPS franchises but that really came down to lack of "carrot on a stick" content (especially in terms of weapons, customization, etc.). With the fundamentals in place there's no doubt in my mind that they will have expanded upon that stuff quite a bit.

Incorporating cross-play (it could happen) could go a long way towards the longevity of a sequel as well.

Quality of the shading makes me think it's Source 2. But if they're getting Source to look and run that good then excellent. They put in work and it sung on the first game. Server browser is a must for me.

As I said, Source 2 isn't out outside of Dota. Highly unlikely Valve is giving early access to any devs before the general SDK is out.

amnesia

By a trusty source
DC4RtGg.png

thanks

Nice. Very happy this is going to be on PS4 now (though I bet some exclusive dlc will likely be on XBone).

Hopefully they do away with the "multiplayer as story mode" stuff and have an actual story mode this time.

Fall 2016 please?

More likely the other way round, EA have to make it up the primary console platform of the generation after the deal they signed with MS first time around.

Two years later people still don't understand what the "bots" are for lol.

A reason to claim it has "The Power of the Cloud" , back when it was supposed to make the Xbox One 4 times more powerful? That is probably why! I still never understood why they had to offload such dumb A.I. for cloud processing. I understand what the grunts were for, but I will never understand why they needed the "Power of the Cloud" for THAT type of A.I.. PR Speak and Marketing are the only reasons I can think of.

And I assume on Titanfall 2, we will see they didn't need the cloud to offload all those difficult A.I. calculations.

Damn it, I bought an Xbox One for these games, and now they're starting to come out on PS4 anyway?

I thought they were going to be lifetime exclusive?

This bites. It's like PS4K all over again.

I should've just opened up an Origin account, if only EA didn't have to be the publisher though.

I would rather buy this game on the Windows 10 store if Microsoft can lock up the exclusivity again.

Damn it, I bought an Xbox One for these games, and now they're starting to come out on PS4 anyway?

I should've just opened up an Origin account, if only EA didn't have to be the publisher though.

I would rather buy this game on the Windows 10 store if Microsoft can lock up the exclusivity again.
Titanfall 1 is a lifetime exclusive. Never was it stated that future titles would be Xbox only.

Bsigg12

No? We have known for literally years that the game after Titanfall would be coming to the PS4, PC and Xbox One.

cakely

So, even though Titanfall was a multi-platform game available on Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC, you're unhappy because the sequel will be available on the PlayStation 4?

This sounds like a worst-case scenario. Have you been paying attention to how poorly AAA games ported to UWP have turned out?

Man I hope they are not using source engine again for this.

Titanfall with the frostbite engine would look incredible

Just look at Battlefront for example

Maxey

Christ bro. You can still buy it for XBO. And now PS4 players can have it too. Big deal...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

They've grown significantly and EA signed a major new contract with them due to the first game's success.

Detailing the company’s plans for the near future, Chief Executive Officer Andrew Wilson told listeners, “We’re also excited to announce that EA is continuing its partnership with Vince Zampella and the Respawn Entertainment team, building on our success in delivering Titanfall, the biggest interactive entertainment event of the year so far. Through a new publishing agreement, we’ll be working with Respawn to bring new Titanfall experiences to players worldwide.”

http://mp1st.com/2014/05/06/ea-deli...ew-publishing-agreement-respawn/#.VwvsnvkrJhE

There's also a mobile studio working on a Titanfall mobile game, and an agreement with Nexon to bring an f2p version to Asia.

Top Bottom