• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall ARG / Puzzle Marketing Campaign - DetectiveGAF required

WTF?!

Found this: http://dr3152251812125b.com/zombie/groan

Seems a bit odd for Titanfall but it's on one of the sites in the post above. I think this is DR3 related though...

Wait, those sites aren't all Titanfall are they. Damn, thought I was onto something then :(

I really can't be bothered to upload it to YouTube. But I took the soundclip and sped it up.
What is says is(I've tried my best)

"You! HEY YOU! Wait up. C'mon, gimmie a minute won't you? Wanna know a secret? [mumbles] if I tell you about a site I found...before I became a - "this way" [I think he mentions a beta]. OK, visit this page: http://10516318did05.com/
You'll need a password as well. [I can't make this part out]
OK come on over here, give me a hug. I promise, I won't bite"[clip ends].

jem0208

I really can't be bothered to upload it to YouTube. But I took the soundclip and sped it up.
What is says is(I've tried my best)

"You! HEY YOU! Wait up. C'mon, gimmie a minute won't you? Wanna know a secret? [mumbles] if I tell you about a site I found...before I became a - "this way" [I think he mentions a beta]. OK, visit this page: http://10516318did05.com/
You'll need a password as well. [I can't make this part out]
OK come on over here, give me a hug. I promise, I won't bite"[clip ends].

Yeah, that's what I got from it.

Shame about the lack of password.

Milennia

What if this is a string theory post modern arg and quantum theory actually has a beta invite in the full retail game?

The collectors edition better come with a book on quantum physics.

Also, its could be a beta invite for Titanfall 2 that comes with a pre order of Quantum break 3.
(I would normally say this is all just a reuse for crackdown next gen and the beta being for halo 6 but i guess that doesn't apply)

Nuborn

Yeah :(
. He says something like "basically it's 'onward' no spaces" but I think it's "somethingonward". Dunno. T'is too long.

Still trying to get the background audio out to hear the voice clearer at the moment but he says "You'll need a password as well [PASSWORD HERE] all one word, no spaces"

swcpig

Banned
Still trying to get the background audio out to hear the voice clearer at the moment but he says "You'll need a password as well [PASSWORD HERE] all one word, no spaces"

That's what I am hearing as well..

Sounds like DASHX sor something...

Sounds like it. It does also sound like "all one word"

This is the clearest I can get the first part. https://soundcloud.com/iammisterbo/groan sounds like press x or something.
Also, I got distracted by your soundcloud. Some pretty good stuff there. Prettys Lights for example.
Anyways: on topic.

falconbox

Banned
Well, assuming I was doing the Titanfall one correctly, I substituted numbers in for the two long strings of letters on the left of the shipping container using A=0. Then using Mod 26 I converted any negatives and changed them back to letters. The new string I got was:

XLMAPSKQLVCODE

So, I'm not sure. Is it in relation to a .XLM file somewhere? Or is it saying "XL MAPS"? Not sure if I did it right, but the fact that I got the word "CODE" on the end is either a coincidence or I'm on the right track.

Milennia

Well, assuming I was doing the Titanfall one correctly, I substituted numbers in for the two long strings of letters on the left of the shipping container using A=0. Then using Mod 26 I converted any negatives and changed them back to letters. The new string I got was:

XLMAPSKQLVCODE

So, I'm not sure. Is it in relation to a .XLM file somewhere? Or is it saying "XL MAPS"? Not sure if I did it right, but the fact that I got the word "CODE" on the end is either a coincidence or I'm on the right track.

Thats a pretty coherent string of words, i would be surprised it if was wrong.

Xl maps KQLV code

Nuborn

GOT THE DR3 ONE!

WGPG3ER.png

Quote to reveal passcode

falconbox

Banned
Apparently I was partly wrong I think. Someone on another site translated the Titanfall code and got:

XLPASSKQLVCODE

So, it still has most of what I had, but I must have screwed up somewhere. Now we've got "XL Pass KQLV Code"

EDIT: XIPASSKQLVCODE. not XL, but XI at the beginning.

falconbox

Banned
My mistake again, the Titanfall code was :

XIPASSKQLVCODE (That's a capital "i", not a lower case L). I found my error in my work (I replaced a couple C's with Z's for some reason).

So we have XI - PASS - KQLV - CODE

I got submission complete

Ah same. I'm pretty interested in what else is there though. Love Dead Rising 3 plus these kind of secrets are pretty fun and would love to see the rest. Seems like it's the other game is about to finished(the one involving Roman Numerals).

Anyone tried any of the other trials yet?

Top Bottom