• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak, All Info In OP)

Grief.exe

So... would the PC version be the lesser version since it doesn't have the "cloud"? Or is the PC version the bench mark and the X1 needs the cloud to achive that PC performance? They did say that this game would not be possible without the cloud.

Read this, explains the 'cloud.'

Dedicated Servers run Linux or Windows.

I used the Battlefield 3 example earlier.

A player shoots a rocket at a wall, the servers calculate the damage to the wall, and then transmit that data to the clients. Not difficult, been doing that for years.

This is what Microsoft describes as the 'Infinite Power of the Cloud™'

Basch

CTRL+F: "story"

...1 result:

Cartman86 said:
- Storytelling style will be more Left 4 Dead.

Fuck this. Clearly they could give a fuck about gamers like me who could give a fuck about multiplayer. There's nothing for me here. This has got to be the biggest disappointment for me in a long time. I expected the studio to evolve. Clearly I was expecting too much. I guess I'll be skipping this one. At least games like Medal of Honor tried. I'm out.

I'll keep an eye on it only as so far as to determine how the Co-Op campaign is. Hopefully it is far better than Left 4 Dead's attempt.

Paradicia

Can someone tell me what credibility cboat has? Is he some industry insider that talks in riddles as a loop hole around NDAs? :lol

sleepykyo

What? How? TitanFall isn't even launching with XB1.

It gives the impression that Microsoft can secure whatever exclusives it wants. Kind of like how the 360 had to contend with a non-existent amazing PS3. The PS4 is launching as a system with poor 3rd party support.

It gives the impression that Microsoft can secure whatever exclusives it wants. Kind of like how the 360 had to contend with a non-existent amazing PS3. The PS4 is launching as a system with poor 3rd party support.

How is this not just a gigantic unfounded assumption. It's one title.

QHNFSL3.gif

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
The endeavor to increase "time of life" really excites me, this seems to be a big trend in "next gen" multiplayer experiences.

Klocker

a whole year. wow.

yes they could be onto version two by then as well on Xbox, so we're looking at 2014 Xbox 2015 PS4

interesting Spring launch, although I know they are probably just needing that time for development, it also is a typically slow period when people are coming off their holiday Halo/ CoD highs. :)

Gumbie

Dismissing Microsoft's Azure cloud stuff as "just dedicated servers" is a joke. I can go buy a nice rack server, host it on an awesome connection, and host a TF2 server on it and BAM dedicated server.

On the flip side you can't just go buy the massive resources that Microsoft has and have an infrastructure like Azure where you can spin up virtual servers and combine them to use massive amounts of memory and processor.

Spy

One game is poor third party support? lol

Knoxcore

One year exclusive is enough for this game to be the de facto exclusive on the XBO. By the time 2015 rolls around very few will care for this game on the PS4.

Moneyhatted. Think Mass Effect

Mass Effect is a different beast. The first game was Published by Microsoft and released prior to the EA buyout. Bioware up to that point had previously had a good relationship with MS.

This is more like the GTA4 DLC on a larger scale

Bsigg12

One year exclusive is enough for this game to be the de facto exclusive on the XBO. By the time 2015 rolls around very few will care for this game on the PS4.

Exactly. This is how Bioshock and Dead Rising both went down. Microsoft doesn't need a full on exclusive. They just need the game long enough on just their system so that it draws attention. By the time it comes out on the PS4, the hype surrounding it will be minimal.

mbmonk

Dismissing Microsoft's Azure cloud stuff as "just dedicated servers" is a joke. I can go buy a nice rack server, host it on an awesome connection, and host a TF2 server on it and BAM dedicated server.

On the flip side you can't just go buy the massive resources that Microsoft has and have an infrastructure like Azure where you can spin up virtual servers and combine them to use massive amounts of memory and processor.

We can rent servers from companies that can do that stuff.

Can you elaborate on the difference between a dedicated server and a cloud computer?

Top Bottom