• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
I'll write some more detailed stuff later but come on Respawn.

Not team switching/balancing?

Also the lack of customization is pretty shocking.

PSiCHO

Neo Member
Bought the game for PC. Unfortunately I was not able to participate in the beta. I hope it does not disappoint me. Fingers crossed.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?

I'm not terribly against no team switching... but I suppose nobody can join mid-game? If that's the case, it kind of sucks. Brings me back to Halo 2 days. But truthfully, it's more frustrating to be on a winning team, kicking ass, and then get booted to the smaller, losing team more than half-way through the game.

The Cowboy

Modified exe...

I really wish they'd unlock the damn game right now for us.
They really should IMO, people have the game pre-loaded and some are playing with it via the modified exe (risky though), to combat that they should just make it so the game can be played if your in a region that can pre-load (so the US could play now, the UK on the 10th etc).

If they don't ban the PC players playing now (unlikely IMO) and don't allow everyone who can pre-load already to play, the people playing now will have a heck of a head start over people not using the modified exe by getting unlocked weapons, titans, burn cards etc before official release day.

I have the to agree with you. The lack of basic features they failed to add might shorten the lifespan of this game. Its really the only major downfall.

I was really hoping to be able to visually customize my titan and weapons as well

Caffeine

idk how people can hate origin I dont get these speeds on steam

82sfl0c.png

Woo-Fu

Banned
I'm glad no teamswitching/balancing after initial matchmaking.

If you feel the teams are unbalanced back out of the room and find another one.

What they do need is a separate queue for solos. Premades are going to wreck pugs, just like they did in MWO.

They really should IMO, people have the game pre-loaded and some are playing with it via the modified exe (risky though), to combat that they should just make it so the game can be played if your in a region that can pre-load (so the US could play now, the UK on the 10th etc).

If they don't ban the PC players playing now (unlikely IMO) and don't allow everyone who can pre-load already to play, the people playing now will have a heck of a head start over people not using the modified exe by getting unlocked weapons, titans, burn cards etc before official release day.

If a game is truly balanced there should be no advantage having one gun over another, or one Titan over another.

I'm glad no teamswitching/balancing after initial matchmaking.

If you feel the teams are unbalanced back out of the room and find another one.

I didn't even know this was a thing. You shouldn't be able to jump between teams.

Jarmel

Banned
Oh and they greatly reduced the health on the dropship. Goes down quick as fuck now.

Smart pistol is still annoying as fuck.

Madness

Is there any kind of ranked mode or hardcore type playlist?

Also I'm okay with the lack of customization. I mean the last thing I'd want is polka dot or bacon wrapped Titans out and about.

No team switching and balancing is great too. This way, you can join a solid team of randoms and have a few great matches, as opposed to having the shittier players from the other team be put on your for the next match.

The Cowboy

If a game is truly balanced there should be no advantage having one gun over another, or one Titan over another.
True, however I still consider it a bit iffy letting people (if nothing happens, like not even a stats reset on release day - a stats reset would be great) effectively have a 4 day head start in unlocking things to have a greater choice for the actual release day.

I just think they should unlock it now and keep doing what they're doing with the servers, and put a notice in the news feed saying "if you get in now then you can play, however official server release date is still XYZ and as such over the next few days they'll be up and down".

It's not even worth bothering with now. Two titans can take it down. Three is a lock for sure.

It was already this easy on BETA? Me and my friend destroyed a fuck ton of them only with our two Titans, it was never a challenge. The players that want to get the fuck outta there can't just jump on the ship, they should stay behind for a bit and try to deal with remaining Titans. If the opposite team has more than two Titans, well... you were never getting out of there anyway.

More options would be nice but, after a few weeks, everyone would be using the two "best" ARs anyway.

Yes yes yes yes yes. This. If you've played any of the last four or five CoD games, you'll know this is the case. The false variety offered by dozens of guns disappears when you realize only a few are actually good.

Some people were suggesting that the math is off on those download speeds. What I was reading was that you aren't actually downlaoding the full 49 GB, rather the compressed amount. The percentage was based off the compressed amount, yet the speed was calculated by the percentage of the wrong total.. Giving you a much higher speed than it really is.

Can't test that from where I am though.

I have the collector's edition on pre-order. Don't plan on opening it though until I get some reviews from you guys. I'm really on the fence about this game since it seems like you don't have a lot to do with the mechs or a vast variety of weapons and skills. We'll see..

Grisby

Ah man, 3 more days. Haven't been to a midnight launch since the X1 debut.

I'm getting tired of Forza. I want to switch out these cars for Robits.

Sooooooo, the PC version of this so far, run fantastically. Respawn absolutely nailed what they were trying to accomplish. Cheers for them. Great fuckin' job guys.

idk how people can hate origin I dont get these speeds on steam

82sfl0c.png

Speed on Origin is crazy, I downloaded the game in 50min +/- with speeds between 30/40mb/s. Nowhere near on Steam, but this isn't the only thing that makes a good platform.

That's because Origin is full of crap and those speeds are fake lol.

The "speed" Origin displayed is a fake number inflated to proportionately represent the complete, unpacked/uncompressed file. Not what you're actually downloading. The Titanfall download is actually something like 22gb. 50gb is the unpacked install size.

For instance, my typical Steam download speed is 6-7mb/s. Origin "said" I was downloading the Titanfall preload at upwards of 45mb/s (it got to like 64mb/s for the beta). But I crunched the numbers for the ~22gb download and the approximate time it took me yesterday and came out to about 7mb/s.

The super-compressed Titanfall installers are the only thing that Origin's ever claimed such insane speeds on. Battlefield updates aren't really compressed much, and Origin always shows a much more pedestrian 5-8mb/s for those.

venne

Thinking of doing the exe thing tonight as I'll have the whole night open.

I can't imagine they'd ban people with legit keys as it seems that the release date is more a way to placate retailers than anything. I might delete and reinstall afterwards just in case, though.

The Cowboy

Sooooooo, the PC version of this so far, run fantastically. Respawn absolutely nailed what they were trying to accomplish. Cheers for them. Great fuckin' job guys.

Is it running better (more optimised?), I really hope they improved it for release (it performed well in the beta - but it could have clearly been better).

Eh, performance for me is about the same as beta on my Titan. I'm guessing Nvidia will release Titanfall ready drivers next week.

Oh, and why did they remove triple buffering? Only double is an option for me.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking of doing the exe thing tonight as I'll have the whole night open.

I can't imagine they'd ban people with legit keys as it seems that the release date is more a way to placate retailers than anything. I might delete and reinstall afterwards just in case, though.

they can ban you for modifying the game. legit key or not.

the people from Respawn who post here have already said don't do it.

Sanic

Those playing on the PC, how's the performance compared to the beta? I could never get that to run well, the framerate was highly variable between 30-60 even with vsync off (I never even hit 60fps on the tutorial map, which I found really odd). 660ti with an older quad core AMD cpu.

Eh, performance for me is about the same as beta on my Titan. I'm guessing Nvidia will release Titanfall ready drivers next week.

Oh, and why did they remove triple buffering? Only double is an option for me.

I so hope.. I won't even load this game up unless it has support for 3D-vision.

How are the graphics guys? Do they compare to some of the best graphics to date?

they can ban you for modifying the game. legit key or not.
The beta/modified exe method doesn't work anymore, unless you already activated it that way (I didn't). So no, we're not modifying the game at all.
I so hope.. I won't even load this game up unless it has support for 3D-vision.

How are the graphics guys? Do they compare to some of the best graphics to date?
Of course not. That said, there are some wonderful vistas and skyboxes in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom