• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eoin

Can someone please fill me in on what I have missed here.

Reading GAF can sometimes be a full time job. A job I would love to have!
Cboat claimed TF would be 720p, have the 25% alpha textures and use it's own party system. Respawn came out and shot down his claims. Bish has said if he's wrong, his account will be banned.

So people in this thread are playing the game now?

Does the final version run better? The beta kinda ran like shit for me no matter what settings I had it on.
It's ever so slightly better.. but I'm sure NV is going to release TF drivers next week to make it even better.

2San

Cboat claimed TF would be 720p, have the 25% alpha textures and use it's own party system. Respawn came out and shot down his claims. Bish has said if he's wrong, his account will be banned.
The problem was that he stood by his word even when the beta proved him wrong. Basically saying that the the final build would still be 720p and 25% textures, which is just crazy talk.

2San

The one thing I am going to hate in this game is getting a sweet double/triple kill then realizing it was just AI.
While the bots become distinguishable after a while. I do wish that the difference would be more clear. When a player is mixed with bots, you are going to have a bad time.

Alx

The one thing I am going to hate in this game is getting a sweet double/triple kill then realizing it was just AI.

Tell me about it... during the beta I ended several rounds thinking "hey I didn't do too bad this time" only to realize that only one or two of my kills were real players. :p

Freki

4d138a72c92049f17c603b7c39c58aa5.gif
That's extremely funny - and you know why? Because you really believe it :-D...

While the bots become distinguishable after a while. I do wish that the difference would be more clear. When a player is mixed with bots, you are going to have a bad time.

Yeah it would be better without them but since they are in, attach minion finder perk and farm them to get dat titan quicker.

2San

Yeah it would be better without them but since they are in, attach minion finder perk and farm them to get your titan quicker.
I have already accepted that bots are in the game and I can recognize them most of the time. The problem is when a real player is mixed in with the bots. It's hard to decide who to shoot when you have no time, since the game has very short kill times. So I just wish it was easier to distinguish players from bots. Spectres look different enough though.

T.O.P

Banned
I have already accepted that bots are in the game and I can recognize them most of the time. The problem is when a real player is mixed in with the bots. It's hard to decide who to shoot when you have no time, since the game has very short kill times. So I just wish it was easier to distinguish players from bots. Spectres look different enough though.

Agreed

Got fucked up more than a couple of times because an enemy was hiding in a group of A.I. soldiers

KPJZKC

Any reasonable way to pre-load/play early for EU people? 14th of March seems a long wait while some of you bastards are playing already :p

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Any reasonable way to pre-load/play early for EU people? 14th of March seems a long wait while some of you bastards are playing already :p

On your Origin order history, is your TitanFall order complete or 'Processing'?
I will be using SoftEther VPN Client Manager. It appears to work well but can't pre-load if your order is processing.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Great videos sti4thewin. How does the game look and compare to the beta? The videos do look cleaner.

KPJZKC

On your Origin order history, is your TitanFall order complete or 'Processing'?
I will be using SoftEther VPN Client Manager. It appears to work well but can't pre-load if your order is processing.

Completed, luckily!

You could try using a vpn. It takes a long time to preload it this way though.

Nope - you can sever the VPN connection after the DL has started (some people had to do it several times for it to work though)

Excellent, this is just what I wanted to hear. Just like being back on college campus with Steam!

wotta

People talking about riding winged creatures etc are really starting to get me a little excited for this game. And there was me being the world's biggest cynic too.

I'm still worried if the content on the disc will justify the cost, but maybe, just maybe the silence from Respawn and EA was for a reason other than them trying to fleece us. I sure hope so. (although the "campaign" still sounds like it's simply there to make up the numbers).

Roll on next week, can't wait to find out for myself just how worth the wait and hype this game has been.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
It's disappointing that you can't preorder and preload the digital download of the game on the XBO. I have a 50MBit internet connection, but even with that it'll take some time to download 50GB. I don't get it, since all you need to download the game in the background should be already in the system.

Eoin

It's probable. I got to level 15 last night.. if I can keep a stable connection I'll probably be able to prestige by launch lol
Going off the Beta leaks, the levels take more Xp to obtain, the higher you go. You'll probably find your progress slows quite considerably soon.

isb

Banned
I haven't bought a discbased pc game in years but now for different reasons I have to buy it on disc. Surely I don't need the disc inserted after the installation is complete to play?

bidguy

Banned
? On xbox one?

yeah someone on my list played it already so i clicked on play game on his recent activity and it led me straight to the store page.

there are a lot of videos made by users and they dont seem to get deleted.

anyways i pinned it to my home screen so just waiting for it to go live

Eoin

The Day 1 patch is already out & is 840 MB
Ouch, I'm gonna be waiting a while for my mate to patch that, he has the worst internet ever. I guess that means what's in the screenshots is the final res then. Very interested to hear what the pixel counters say it is, after all this hula baloo.

raviolico

again, sorry im late to the game and just trying to cover infos up...

this is regarding one of the more minor graphical aspects... but:
if you aim down with iron sight will there be a surrounding Depth of Field effect like in CoD/BF? in the videos so far it seems this isn`t the case.

Ouch, I'm gonna be waiting a while for my mate to patch that, he has the worst internet ever. I guess that means what's in the screenshots is the final res then. Very interested to hear what the pixel counters say it is, after all this hula baloo.
Why is your mate buying an online only game with the worst internet ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom