• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Review Thread

Congrats to respawn. With no Xbox One, gold sub or PC capable of running it, I'll be sitting this one out but hope the best for them after their nasty break-off with Activision.

Effect

wtf is this 'review in progress' garbage on IGN?

It's an online only game. I don't see how you can get a true impression of such a game until it's open to the masses to see how things hold up. How the servers handle things, what issues do they cause, should be key for an online only game. Are people forgetting all the issues Battlefield 4 had and still has? Does anyone think it deserves the high scores it got once customers were able to play under true real life conditions? Are people forgetting about thew new SimCity? Every MMORPG that exist?

As much as I enjoyed the beta (which had a lot disabled) I don't think you can trust any high score until the doors are open to everyone.

Jeff confirms frame rate drops to single digits and tearing in the final XBOX ONE release.
I might pass.

But Polygon says it's never not playable.

Titanfall sits at 60 frames per second most of the time, but when three or four Titans are on the screen at once, firing rockets and arc blasts, things take a dive. It's never not playable, but it is noticeable.

Zabant

Jeff said Titanfall will be 4 Stars if the servers aren't jacked.

That's a 80/100 on metacritic so there's your first 8/10.

Jeff confirms frame rate drops to single digits and tearing in the final XBOX ONE release.
I might pass.

BenjaIv.gif

jabuseika

From Giantbomb-

The frame rate in Titanfall is uneven on the Xbox One and though it's usually fine, it can get downright nasty in specific situations. In one Last Titan Standing match--where every player spawns in a robot suit--several players crammed their mechs into a tight area and began duking it out, and the frame rate dived down to what must have been single digits per second.

Umm single digits framerate? That is completely unacceptable.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Game would be so much better without all the shitty AI minions and the 6v6.

ACE 1991

Titanfall's moving parts complement each other well, and take a familiar FPS formula and make it feel fresh--it's just a shame that it relies so heavily on the familiar. You'll eventually hit a point--like you do in nearly every game--where you feel as though you've done everything there is to do, and because you're still just playing Team Deathmatch or Capture the Flag, that time comes quicker than you might think. - Gamesradar review

This is my biggest concern with the game.

Remember when EGM threatened to lower Warhawk's review score if it cost any more than $30 on the PSN store due to being multiplayer only?

hodgy100

I really appreciate websites holding out for real-world test's. I will defiantly treat their reviews as if they have a higher weighting.

Feorax

Framerate issues on XB1 make me glad I'll be getting this on PC. Good to know the overall game is solid though.

Well, assuming EA's servers hold up.

Lucifon

I might pass.

Pretty sure it's going to be exactly like the beta performance. Single digits is either an exaggeration or going to be a v.rare case. So if you were happy with the beta, I'm sure you'll be happy with the final game.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Any review that launches before public servers are available is horse shit. At least a few places like giantbomb and the escapist have a set of balls and ethics. Expecting a 30 out of ten from polygon.

DieH@rd

Banned
I might pass.

I shudder to think what would situation be if the game processed AI for bots locally. They would have to reduce the graphics even more back... if such thing is even possible.

Top Bottom