• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Review Thread

People better not complain about reviews in progress after the Battlefield 4 issues. If outlets want to wait until after launch to see how things go, more power to them.

Surprised reviews are hitting before it launches out in the wilderness being a multiplayer centric game and all.

Didn't everyone learn from Battlefield?

The reason this keeps happening is because the parties involved in early reviews both benefit. Websites get more clicks for early reviews, EA gets pre-orders/purchases from favorable reviews that don't mention launch day problems.

Question.

Being a multiplayer only game, how can these reviewers actually review this game in a true environment that the average consumer will be playing in?

Metro Gamecentral 9/10

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/10/titanfall-review-call-of-duty-with-robots-4511869/

In Short: It could do with a few more ancillary options, and a more interesting backstory, but in terms of online gameplay Titanfall is now the game to beat this gen.

Pros: Perfectly balanced gameplay, pin sharp controls, and a huge range of emergent tactics. 15 great maps and the titans themselves are excellent – as are the Pilots and their parkour skills.

Cons: Campaign multiplayer is a farcical waste of time. Plenty of maps, but the lack of game modes and customisation points to a hurried development schedule. Some minor graphical issues.

High score for them

Liamario

Banned
Reviews have become meaningless to me, but as long as the reviewer acknowledges the lack of a proper campaign and sub par graphics, I don't care what they score the game.

There is no way this will average below 90, there is way too much money being thrown around (and I'm too cynical where game review sites are concerned) for this title.

EDIT: Thank goodness for Giant Bomb, actually waiting for the retail experience before posting their score. I'll be crazy optimistic and hope that's what IGN has chosen to do as well.

lol, every review is putting extra effort in pointing out that they will look at it again after retail release.

They all learned a lesson after Sim-City-Gate.

Sanic

I'm honestly surprised so far. I really though more people would get hung up on the lack of a proper campaign.

Einbroch

Banned
Planing on reading these reviews to find out what the hell the campaign-ish thing is. I know it's not really a campaign, but it's something, at least I thought it was.

Reave

Eurogamer no-scores, too. But...

There's still room for improvement, most notably in that rather drab line-up of game modes, and in its current form it's perhaps more of a step forward for shooters than a giant leap. But that still represents the most positive momentum seen in the genre for at least five years. Quite simply, if you feel like you're in danger of falling out of love with multiplayer shooters, Titanfall is the game to win you back.

antitrop

m-bison-yes-o.gif

Bring on the 9s!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
lol, every review is putting extra effort in pointing out that they will look at it again after retail release.

They all learned a lesson after Sim-City-Gate.

They should all learn from Jeff Gerstmann then. No score doesn't bring in many clicks, though.

Bookoo

This should be a fun review thread.

I'm expecting stuff mostly in the 8 range, some 9's, and some sites giving it a 5 or 6 due to lack of SP campaign.

That would be such a joke and hurt that reviewers credibility if they gave it a low score simply because it doesn't have a SP campaign.

Top Bottom