• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

To those who played the ME: Andromeda trial: are you buying the full game?

LowSignal

I'll pass untill it goes on sale for $39.99 before gamers club unlocked discount. I didnt feel that it was a leap from the previous ME titles

Alva

Not at this price no way, maybe later but I'm not even sure. Not that I didn't want to give this one a chance but... not anymore.

When I played I saw much more than "just minor animation issues".
Sure the almost constant dead fish faces keep breaking the immersion but it's not even the worse.

Writing feel like something straight out of a bad fanfiction. It feel like watching an episode of a sitcom.
The main characters act like a bunch of immature kids while they are supposed the elite.

The English voice acting feel really off, but as a non native I can't say for sure if it's bad or me having trouble with the tones/accents.

Menus (and Galaxy map) are so annoying to use Steve Jobs is spinning in his grave. It's an ongoing issue in this type of game but they really managed to make everything more tedious.

There is also: bugged squadmate AI, random sudoku, 2 more types of scanning,...

I'm not that hard to please but it's too much for me right now.

Jobbs

Banned
Break that down for me cause I'm not seeing improvement in "most areas".

I do agree that the janky faces and animations aren't bothering as much as I thought. The open world areas all look pretty great and fun to explore.

But the writing is not very good, at least not in the early game, and the UI is atrocious.

Still pre-ordered it though. The characters, campy as they can be, still are at least a bit interesting, I like the combat, and I think I might like the exploration. I might end up really disliking the game, like I did DA:I, but I think I will at least get my money's worth.

And it's not like anyone else is doing Sci-Fi RPG's in this style anyway.

I guess it's a matter of preference, but I prefer the big open areas, more character progression depth, and way more equipment variety of this compared to past games. I also think an optimistic/curious/funny character is more interesting than veteran badass space soldier professional which is boring.

pablito

Nah, but I was never intending to get it at launch. I just wanted to get a little taste. A more important game to me is coming in 2 weeks.

AlexBasch

No.

The game kept crashing, had several hiccups, audio cutting off and the shooting was below average.

I'd rather go back and play the trilogy instead, which I'm a big fan of. Gotta thank EA for allowing this trial instead of allowing me to waste money on a game that barely worked in my console.

Gonna wait until it's DAI cheap and hopefully with fixes on it. Geez.

Top Bottom