• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Frontline revealed - F2P 100-player Battle Royale [this is not a joke]

winjer

Gold Member
ded460dbff05a669156e2333c6b55cae.gif

Dream-Knife

Banned

212d75f18ddeb22c81b5412b4787151f129b0e54eada06b59e55e3d111865bd3_1.jpg

These stupid motherfuckers. Unreal. I am absolutely baffled at the bullshit on display here.

Tom Clancy sold his name to Ubisoft.

That being said, I didn't care for any of the games outside of the originals (Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, and Splinter Cell). Those games were unique, but Ubisoft is chasing money.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So, Rainbow Six, Ghosty Recon, and The Divison are the same game now. Not similar open world, but pretty much the same in every other aspect too.
UBI loves their big world game engine:

- Farcry
- Division
- AC
- Whatever Tom Clancy Wildlands, Frontline etc...
- Riders Republic
- Watch Dogs
- Fenix Rising
- Skull & Bones(?)

Other games not big world:

- Rocksmith
- Rayman
- RS Siege
- Just Dance

jaysius

Banned
They've answered the question:
"How do you reduce demand for IP's you have no intention of making quality games for?"

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Ubisoft are so creatively bankrupt that they can only come out with fad games several years behind the curve.

Please stop buying Ubisoft games. At this point they are to creative and Interesting gaming what a tumour Is to life expectancy.

Last edited:

rob305

While I couldnt care less about their coop games like the division and wildlands, this actually looks good. I play a lot of BR games with friends and this looks interesting, will definitely give it a try since its F2P

[Sigma]

Ubisoft continues to throw shit at a wall and see what sticks :messenger_tears_of_joy: .Glad I don't think highly of this company enough to even be bothered getting sucked into playing their games time and time again these days. They're just shitting all over Tom Clancy's name too.

Last edited:

Apeopleman

I love Battle Royales and looking for something new. This could be great! No sarcasm here being honest. I also think Halo Infinite could really benefit with BR after playing the tech preview, the sandbox gameplay would be perfect for it.
Agreed. I’m excited for a more tactical, highly polished Battle Royale. Warzone is too arcadey for me and PUBG plays like shit on consoles. Excited to try this out

So sad what happened to Ubisoft. They've been my favourite 3rd party the last past 2 generations, but their new direction is utter crap

Reactions: GHG

Venza

Banned
The GR community seems to vastly dislike this new announcement. Many were expecting a return to the series roots and not a new trendy BR.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Battle Royale is a distraction in most big games in theory you could have attached this mode to Breakpoint or Wildlands.

Paasei

Can't wait to level, or buy, my battle pass to 100 so I get that Sam Fisher skin........

AC:warzone is gonna be lit.

VN1X

Banned
I'm confused as to why people are down on this? For years Wildlands players have been fantasizing about a battle royale mode and now that we're getting it everyone's gone and lost it? Wat.

:messenger_grinning_sweat:

VN1X

Banned
Wait in the trailer it says "collect intel and extract", NANI?!

So is this basically Hunt: Showdown but with a proper budget and (hopefully) good servers to boot? If so I'm all in.

Man, they should totally go for something completely unexpected and make a slower, tactical shooter for the next Ghost Recon game.

WHO WOULD EVER THINK THAT'S WHAT GHOST RECON FANS WOULD WANT?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Seems like this is Siege with 3 person squads (vs 5 in Siege) and outdoor environments instead of indoors.

But people don't want to listen and instead make drive-by shitposts for points.
Or maybe, MAYBE people expected something else when you talk about GHOST RECON. I MEAN IT'S IN THE NAME FFS.
Let a team develop a single player tactical FPS with squad command, not another BR. Ubi seems to release a BR game every 6 months. Just make it stop.

Also, R6Siege is the worst R6 game ever. It has just the name of R6.
It may be a good game (not for me though) but it's a shitty R6.

I'm confused as to why people are down on this? For years Wildlands players have been fantasizing about a battle royale mode and now that we're getting it everyone's gone and lost it? Wat.

Because Wildlands/Breakpoint players don't want true Ghost Recon games, they want that open world TPS experience who has nothing to do with what a Ghost Recon game should be.

Me and my people said it all the time when we were playing WIldlands
Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

Last edited:
This is one of the reasons I dread the future of gaming. It’s all about jumping on trends and capitalizing on what’s popular.

Personally, I thought Wildlands was pretty trash for a GR game as well but I would imagine that those fans wanted a BR MODE added. Not to have the next installment of the game be a F2P BR game.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Or maybe, MAYBE people expected something else when you talk about GHOST RECON. I MEAN IT'S IN THE NAME FFS.
Let a team develop a single player tactical FPS with squad command, not another BR. Ubi seems to release a BR game every 6 months. Just make it stop.

Also, R6Siege is the worst R6 game ever. It has just the name of R6.
It may be a good game (not for me though) but it's a shitty R6.

Because Wildlands/Breakpoint players don't want true Ghost Recon games, they want that open world TPS experience who has nothing to do with what a Ghost Recon game should be.

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

lol@ this. You are aware that other players that are not you have been playing Rainbow 6 only for its multiplayer since the first one released, right? Siege is a great R6 game that carries the slow paced tactical shooter tradition that was basically invented by the series.

As far as Ghost Recon goes, I will try whatever they put out cause I am a Ghost Recon fan. I will play what the series offers and not try to dictate exactly what it should or should not be. If that is a return to the original form of first person, invisible guns, reload wheels and missions you can complete in 5 minutes, i'll play it. If it is Ubisofts take on Wildlands + Hunt, I will try that as well.

Last edited:

salva

Is this the shit they were revealing for the anniversary of the title?
Where's my singleplayer tactical shooter?
I mean it's been the same case since wildlands, the only hope for those that enjoyed the original is looking at smaller indie titles.

I will try it as it's f2p, but the moment I see another player with a fluorescent M4 and snowman helmet, I'm out

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Is this the shit they were revealing for the anniversary of the title?
Where's my singleplayer tactical shooter?
I mean it's been the same case since wildlands, the only hope for those that enjoyed the original is looking at smaller indie titles.

I will try it as it's f2p, but the moment I see another player with a fluorescent M4 and snowman helmet, I'm out
No money in SP tactical games. Once a gamer is done, they are done. No mtx revenue from gamers trying to keep up with other gamers online.

Interfectum

Wow, what a cunty OP (and responses for that matter).

Doesn't even seem like a straight BR from the trailer... sounds more like vaguely that Tarkov-alike zone that BF2042 also seems to be veering towards.

Anyway it doesn't look half bad, doesn't have that silly.. Skateboarder vibe of xDefiant.

Class-based, strategic as bullet points at least sounds good. Siege is one of the only FPS games out there that actually has strategic depth so hopefully they really are trying to make something along those lines.
bitch slap GIF

Man, they should totally go for something completely unexpected and make a slower, tactical shooter for the next Ghost Recon game.

WHO WOULD EVER THINK THAT'S WHAT GHOST RECON FANS WOULD WANT?
I'm just hoping there are a wide variety of dances you can trigger after getting a kill. I think Ubi is on to something here. This will surely overtake Fortnite. Between this and FarCry 3 Part 4, Ubi is in a bonafide creative zone. Everything they touch is turning to 24kt gold.

I'm downright hyped for the Assassins Creed Origins Part 4 reveal. EXCITE!!!

Rikkori

This is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt.Has Ubisoft genuinely gone retarded? I think the debacle last year really broke them. What the fuck! :lollipop_flores:

Barakov

Gold Member
BR in 2021?

no man GIF

If you're not Apex, Warzone or PubG. Don't even try. Ubisoft would've been better off giving us a new Ghost Recon similar to Wildlands.

winjer

Gold Member
As long as these types of games keep making money, they will keep doing them.
If this entry flops, Ubisoft will have to go back to making decent Ghost Recon games.

VN1X

Banned
Personally, I thought Wildlands was pretty trash for a GR game as well but I would imagine that those fans wanted a BR MODE added. Not to have the next installment of the game be a F2P BR game.
Yeah it's what I said: mode. But instead we're getting a full fledged standalone title instead of a throwaway mode added in because "BR is hot" (I know this comes down to the same thing but at least be glad it seems to be fully developed lol).

I guess I'm less cynical when it comes to these types of releases. Even as someone who rarely looks forward to Ubi releases (and plays them even less) I do want to give this a try, if only to see if they nailed the shooty bits as I love myself some Shooty McPewPew games. It being tied to the "Tom Clancy" brand has no bearing for me either way.

Cautiously optimistic. Also it's free so... no reason not to give it a go!

Last edited:
Top Bottom