• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT| Empire State of Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked if anyone was getting The Division at work and no one responds except with how much they hate PS. I tried seeing if anyone wanted to play this with me. I never get a real response.
What a odd group of people. They rather bitch about consoles then play a possibly good game let alone talk about it. Some twilight zone shit.

Now that we are on the topic of safehouses, is there proximity chat in there too?

I didn't notice it during the beta, but it could be there I suppose.

pharmx

Who's gonna start The Division: Agents of Fashion thread for us to post all our glamour shots? There should be a poll for most stylish agent. I mean, if you're gonna save Manhattan, might as well do it in style.

Klyka

Banned
So the safe houses are where you craft, change equipment etc? Or can you do those thing out in the field as well? What exactly do you do in the safe houses? Is it like the hub in Destiny? Thanks!

Your stash is in there, they got crafting stations and such and are social hubs.
There are also JTF officers and situation boards that will mark you side missions and encounters on your map.
You can also matchmake in them but you can do that from anywhere through the map anyway.

Theorry

For the people that preloaded the X1 version in the last couple of days. Your gamesize is also 32.5gb? I preloaded a long time ago and i reading about a update etc. Dont want to download again some more on releaseday.

Leyasu

Banned
My €40 euro gold edition that I bought from the Argentina marketplace is locked and loaded. Can't fucking wait to get tucked in

Forsete

Nice OP. :)

Unless I am blind, I didnt find any info on the unlock time for the different formats and timezones. Do we have any info for Steam and GMT+1?

Jafku

For the people that preloaded the X1 version in the last couple of days. Your gamesize is also 32.5gb? I preloaded a long time ago and i reading about a update etc. Dont want to download again some more on releaseday.
Yeah my preload was 32.5GB last night

Kazuhira

So,i've been watching a few videos showing the character creator and oh boy,those presets faces look like shit.
Did they say if there will be more options in the final version of the game?

Klyka

Banned
Great news.

There was only one shared social space in the beta and that's Camp Hudson, the others weren't shared. The other safehouses in the full game should be social hubs though.

there MIGHT be smaller safehouses that are not social spaces

but there is for example one inside a gym hall with beds and such that is a social space

Naudi

Banned
Got this at the top of my gamefly queue...But I feel like I'm just going to end up buying digital anyway.

hydruxo

So,i've been watching a few videos showing the character creator and oh boy,those presets faces look like shit.
Did they say if there will be more options in the final version of the game?

Yeah they said the final version of the character creator will be more robust, but they haven't shown it off. I think it'll be more like Destiny's char creator which was fairly limited.

Klyka

Banned
Can skill points be redistributed?

there are no skill points.

your base is your skill tree with three wings (branches)
you gather resources (skill tree xp) for each wing.
you upgrade the wing and unlock new skills
you can then change your skills at any time, even in combat

everyone will have all skills, all talents and all perks

you can have 2 skills and 1 signature skill (ultimate of a wing) equipped
you can have 4 talents initially and with a wing upgrade 5 talents equipped. these can be changed at any time.
perks are passive and all perks are always active once unlocked

the game is entirely built around playing whatever "class" you want, whenever.
we can literally swap tank and healer roles every 10 seconds if we wanted.

the stats on your gear are the only thing that changes how good you are at damage/health/skills

Aequitas

there are no skill points.

your base is your skill tree with three wings (branches)
you gather resources (skill tree xp) for each wing.
you upgrade the wing and unlock new skills
you can then change your skills at any time, even in combat

That's some pretty sweet integration of the skills system then. Hype +100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom