• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tourist Trophy - New Gameplay & Bike Info + Screens

gogogow

Tourist Trophy New Gameplay Info + Screens + Video!
- More than 80 bikes, domestic and international bike makers
- Over 35 courses, most from GT4 are included, some are updated for bike races
- Select your desired gear prior to the race: helmets, suits, gloves, boots and streetwear.
- Wipeouts and Crashes are in the game
- Tourist Trophy World Mode - race against 3 opponents (GT mode)
- Arcade Mode
- License School Mode
- Time Trial Mode
- Photo Mode
- Adjust Bikes
- Unlock new bikes and opponents

Controls:
X = accelerate
Square = break
Triangle = reverse
Circle = look behind
Select = change camera: behind, rider view and first person
L1 & R1 = shift up/down
R2 = rear brake
L2 = make rider crouch

Current list of known bikes in the game includes:
Kawasaki: D-Tracker (2005), GPZ900R (1984), Ninja ZX-10R (2005), Ninja ZX-12R (2000), Ninja ZX-6R (2000), Z1000 (2005), ZRX1200R (2005), Zephyr 1100 Racing Modify

Suzuki: DR-Z400SM (2004), GSX 1300R (2005), GSX 1400 (2004), GSX1100S Final Edition (2000), GSX-R 1000 (2005), GSX-R 600 (2005), GSX-R 750 (2005), Sky Wave 250 SS (2005), Sky Wave 250 Type S (2005), Sky Wave 650 (2004)

Honda: CB1300 Super Fire (2005), CB400SS (2005), CB750F (2005), CB750F (1979), CB750FB (1981), CB750F Fire Blade (2002), FTR (2005), NS250R (1984), NSR250R SE (1993), VFR (2005), VT250F (1982), XR250 ???^?[?h (2005)

Yamaha: MT-01 (2005), RZ250 (1980), SR400 (2005), TDM900 (2005), TMAX (2005), TW225E (2005), TZR250 (1985), TZR250SPR (1995), XJR1300 (2005), YZF-R1 (2005), YZF-R6 (2005), Grand Majesty 250 (2005)

BMW Motorrad: K1200R (2005), K1200S (2005), R1200ST (2005)

MV Agusta: F4-1000s (2005), Brutale 910 (2005)

Aprilia: RSV1000R (2005), RSV1000R R Factory (2005)

Ducati: 999R (2005)

Triumph: Speed Triple (2005), Sprint ST (2005)

Buell: Fire Bolt XB12R (2005)

Tracklist:
Beginners Course
Tokyo R246
Apricot Hill Raceway
Citta di Aria
Autumn Ring
Costa di Amalfi
Deep Forst Raceway
Fuji Speedway '90
Grand Valley Speedway
Grand Valley East Section
High Speed Ring
Hong Kong
Infineon Raceway
Motor Sports Land II
Laguna Seca Raceway
Midfield Raceway
Autumn Ring Mini
Cote d' Azur
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course
Twin Ring Motegi West Short Course
Twin Ring Motegi East Short Course
Fuji Speedway 2005
New York City Course
Nurburgring North Course
Special Stage Rout 5
Clubman Stage Route 5
Circuit de la Sarthe 1
Seattle Circuit
Seoul City Course
Suzuka Circuit
Suzuka Circuit East Course
Suzuka Circuit West Course
Test Course
Trial Mountain Circuit
Tsukuba Circuit
El Capitan

In-game bike models:
tourist-trophy-the-real-riding-simulator-20051019014439833.jpg

tourist-trophy-the-real-riding-simulator-20051019014511440.jpg

tourist-trophy-the-real-riding-simulator-20051019014435131.jpg

tourist-trophy-the-real-riding-simulator-20051019014520205.jpg

More pics and detailed info her at IGN:
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/659/659649p1.html
Demonstration video here:
http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/771/771980/vids_1.html

Andrew2

Banned
This game has "winner" written on it, but here hope Sony promote it big time because it has the chance to be big as GT.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Still haven't seen a movie with a good number of bikes on it yet....

Solid

the video at ign is really cool. watch it.

edit: wow the menues and everything is like GT4. it's like they took out the cars and places bikes instead, i like this.

ram

and then no online mode again - thats a bit dissapointing (even when the game is shaping up greatly).

:(

The most important thing is getting the sound right, cause the sound in the MotoGP (2) game was abysmal. I find that 50% of the fun of driving a bike is the awesome roar that is produced by (for instance) my 2 cilindered Ducati.

Flo_Evans

Fallout-NL said:
The most important thing is getting the sound right, cause the sound in the MotoGP (2) game was abysmal. I find that 50% of the fun of driving a bike is the awesome roar that is produced by (for instance) my 2 cilindered Ducati.

preach on brother!

Oh snap! Ducati!

Sales +1

Would have been nice to include the last gen of bikes like the 748, 748SP, 916, 996, Senna edition, etc -- but I'll take what I can get.

Flo_Evans

Fallout-NL said:
Hehe, check it out:

nice, mine is still pretty much stock, looks so much better with high pipes and a tail bob :)

Q: for all the JPN gaffers, how much does a PStwo go for over in the land of rising sun nowadays? All the import sites have them for $200+

And would you be willing to buy one for me and ship it over here :D

Probably cant wait to actually hear your engine aye :D, ah it's liberating. And I'm looking to chop the tail as well, everything that comes after the actual light unit is just a result of lame legislation considering the visibility of the license plate, reflectors, etc. In other words, not like the Italians meant it to look. And that 1000 of yours (judging by the oil cooler in front of the engine) probably goes huh :).

Anyway, back to TT.

Flo_Evans

Fallout-NL said:
Probably cant wait to actually hear your engine aye :D, ah it's liberating. And I'm looking to chop the tail as well, everything that comes after the actual light unit is just a result of lame legislation considering the visibility of the license plate, reflectors, etc. In other words, not like the Italians meant it to look. And that 1000 of yours (judging by the oil cooler in front of the engine) probably goes huh :).

Anyway, back to TT.

Actually its a '02 750 i.e. They added the oil cooler, fuel injection, twin front discs and that goofy windscreen that I took off ASAP.

Still goes from 0 to breaking the law pretty quick, but it could be alot faster :D

Flo_Evans said:
Actually its a '02 750 i.e. They added the oil cooler, fuel injection, twin front discs and that goofy windscreen that I took off ASAP.

Still goes from 0 to breaking the law pretty quick, but it could be alot faster :D

Hehe, I hear ya, it seems like breaking the law is all I do once I push the ignition button. And that windscreen was the first thing I removed after the purchase as well :lol.

Dude I have to say I am a huge fan of PD and GT but, I feel cheated looking at this. The tracks are Idenical for the most part minus a couple new ones and it looks stiff. I almost feel it was cut from GT4 and made into it's own game. I hope PD does not cheap out on this one, they have never failed me but looking at this it maybe a sad day. If online does not make it I may have to turn it down.

Flo_Evans

DaCocoBrova said:
No front brake control?

Controls:
X = accelerate
Square = break
Triangle = reverse
Circle = look behind
Select = change camera: behind, rider view and first person
L1 & R1 = shift up/down
R2 = rear brake
L2 = make rider crouch

I am guessing square = front brakes since there is a seprate control for the rear?

Gek54

There must be some missinterpretation. Rear braking should be the main way to brake and I would think would be the square button. If there is front brake control it would be the R2. Hopefully they didnt make R2 lock the rear.

Flo_Evans

Gek54 said:
There must be some missinterpretation. Rear braking should be the main way to brake and I would think would be the square button. If there is front brake control it would be the R2. Hopefully they didnt make R2 lock the rear.

umm... I guess you haven't ridden a bike much? Applying more brake pressure to the rear wheel is fun for fishtailing... but not much else.

which makes me wonder... will you be able to turn off ABS in this?

WindyMan

The biggest problem for me is the track list in this game. I've already played these tracks in GT4, and while they would play differently on a motorcycle, there are plenty of tracks out there that are primarily motorcycle circuits.

The one that's not in there is The Isle of Man. The TT course for motorcycles is equivilent to Nurburgring for cars. The difference there is Nurburgring is only 17 miles long. The Manx course is 34.

Anyone who's into motorcycle racing should be as bummed about this as I am. It's probably going to be an awesome game and everything, but I'm not interested in it.

Flo_Evans

Gek54 said:
I was taught to use the rear mainly as it is very easy to flip using the front brake.

:lol

I would recomned http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...103-6610970-5303003?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

for riding tips, barring going to an actuall school where they teach you proper bike handling.

protip: take a look at any of the bike pics in this tread. Notice how the front brakes are 2x the size of the rear one? That is not so you can flip over easier. It's so you can actually stop.

Kangu

Banned
Gek54 said:
I was taught to use the rear mainly as it is very easy to flip using the front brake.

Sorry Gek, but :lol . If you just give some thought to the physics behind it all it will seem quite obvious that the rear brake doesn't have much stopping power. ;)

Gek54

Kangu said:
Sorry Gek, but :lol . If you just give some thought to the physics behind it all it will seem quite obvious that the rear brake doesn't have much stopping power. ;)

I understand that, I have not ridden a bike since I was 12 and I flipped it twice before I was told I was suppose to use the rear mainly. ;P

Flo_Evans

back on topic: 4 bikes sucks!

yeah it does, but to be honest - most of my time in GT is spent doing time trails with diffrent cars on the ring :D

This could be because the actuall racing is so weak, or just the way I prefer it. I dunno. But I imagine most of my time in TT will be spent the same way, the racing only being a means to an end (unlocking more bikes to play with!!)

DEO3

I'm kind of surprised there'll be no off-road racing, seeing as how the Gran Turismo series includes rally racing... Which reminds me of something I've been wondering since Gran Turismo 2, why hasn't Polyphony decided to make a stand alone rally racing game? I just think it's a shame that they've spent so much time creating rally tracks/cars for Gran Turismo 2, 3, and 4, but then had so few rally races that those tracks/cars went to waste.

Gek54

Becuase they already have Evos making WRC games though the WRC license ends this year and who knows what Motorstorm is going to entail but I agree with you, GT4 has the best rally physics this side of RBR and would make an awesome rally game.

mr2mike

Banned
3 opponents :(

No full Nurburgring? :(

Beginners Course
Tokyo R246
Apricot Hill Raceway
Citta di Aria
Autumn Ring
Costa di Amalfi
Deep Forst Raceway
Fuji Speedway '90
Grand Valley Speedway
Grand Valley East Section
High Speed Ring
Hong Kong
Infineon Raceway
Motor Sports Land II
Laguna Seca Raceway
Midfield Raceway
Autumn Ring Mini
Cote d' Azur
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course
Twin Ring Motegi West Short Course
Twin Ring Motegi East Short Course
Fuji Speedway 2005
New York City Course
Nurburgring North Course
Special Stage Rout 5
Clubman Stage Route 5
Circuit de la Sarthe 1
Seattle Circuit
Seoul City Course
Suzuka Circuit
Suzuka Circuit East Course
Suzuka Circuit West Course
Test Course
Trial Mountain Circuit
Tsukuba Circuit
El Capitan

= Nurburgring Nordschleife

Personally, I would have wanted the bike equivalent of the nordschleife for cars: the Isle of Man

TTmap-big.gif

3D-mountain-circuit-map2.gif

Udde

That game is pure sex for motorbikes fans :) 4 bikes? no online? No problem. Give me the physics and control and I'm in.

Flo_Evans

I am thinking about bringing my bike inside so I can sit on it while I play this.... not sure if the GF would like that too much :lol

Matlock

Banned
Udde said:
That game is pure sex for motorbikes fans :) 4 bikes? no online? No problem. Give me the physics and control and I'm in.

Add more bikes and online to what you're dreaming Tourist Trophy will be and you've got THQ/Crave's MotoGP. :D

Top Bottom