• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treyarch teasing Zombies-related announcement at DICE?

New game will revolve around a zombie apocalypse in some urban area. Some actor's name will be paraded as lead role. Will feel like a walking dead inspiration. Key is to survive and make it back to an ops station you received comm from days ago.

Call Of Duty: OUTBREAK

TWIST
You are the one who started the outbreak.

JK IDK I just tuned in

CozMick

Banned
iAk5tBTdytBfa.png

LOL

PaNaMa

Banned
Oh, my bad. I just saw DICE and assumed since it was in all caps and no one was talking about board games.. and that this was apparently a megatonne, that it had to do with treyarch and DICE and a new game... :p

I like jumping to conclusions, you see. Different DICE. Color me way less excited now.

I always get amused when people expect an announcement despite there being no indication of an announcement at all, and then end up getting indignant/outraged.

5amshift

Banned
I only played Black Ops 2 for zombies. Never was into any other COD game before it. Amazing how they kept the teaser hush until now. Hype has escalated.

Just curious. Why wouldn't a standalone zombie game work with a SP campaign and Multiplayer?

They could make this work if they really wanted to. Give us a whole new game.

Toa TAK

Banned
Just curious. Why wouldn't a standalone zombie game work with a SP campaign and Multiplayer?

It could easily work. Though Activision still wants it to be about spec-op stuff and I'm sure not everyone at Treyarch wants to do just zombies.

But those people are lame.

biteren

it could work, sp could be about the effect and battle of zombies though time, zombies mode is zombies mode, and mp can be set in apocoliptic areas in time ravages by the undead, 1 side is human and the other are sentient zombies that can shoot. and there you go!

A zombies game does seem like an obvious thing to cash in on. Zombie campaign, regular zombie co-op, and maybe a limited set of multiplayer modes, Infected plus a couple of new zombie themed competitive modes.

it could work, sp could be about the effect and battle of zombies though time, zombies mode is zombies mode, and mp can be set in apocoliptic areas in time ravages by the undead, 1 side is human and the other are sentient zombies that can shoot. and there you go!

Although I like a shooting zombie, I think the zombies would be better used as set pieces while you fight the other team. Oh so glorious!

If they did a full Zombie game it better star the original gang.
The other characters were never that good.

Which ones didn't you like? I'm actually having a blast with the new gang in Exo Zombies at the moment.

mr stroke

As unoriginal as that sounds it might be a good move for the franchise. Completely move away from future military stuff in favor of a full on Zombie apocalypse game.
(Doubt this would ever happen)

And can we please get an all new current-gen only engine please !!!!

BokehKing

Banned
I wouldn't mind a world War 2 game, not like there are any on next gen systems and would be a great change of pace from all this futuristic running on walls crap that's been going on.

Let halo stay the same game for the last 10 years, if people like that cool, whatever

Let titanfall be all whatever, mirrors edge with boring robots

But COD, bring it back to WW2, no individual kill streaks, have a team killstreak meter, that says 'ok.... X amount of people helped combine to this score? Release a chopper, release uav'

Keep the killstreak minimal, we don't need 15 of them no matter what the mw2 fanboys think
For the love of God, bring back tanks

Most importantly..... Be treyarch.... The only COD studio that brings actual improvements and change to the series

biteren

Although I like a shooting zombie, I think the zombies would be better used as set pieces while you fight the other team. Oh so glorious!

what if it alternates? on some maps it can be Survival forces vs zombies, and others it can be survival forces vs bandits?

BokehKing

Banned
They won't separate zombies because zombies is why COD sells so much (treyarch zombies that is)

Maybe it won't be zombies, maybe we will fight Nazi Werewolves, who knows

Maybe we will be werewolves fighting off an invasion of vampires from Tropesylvania, who knows

The only time they should do stand alone zombies

Is when IW and Sledgehammer shovel out their less than stellar stuff

Toa TAK

Banned
If they did a full Zombie game it better star the original gang.
The other characters were never that good.
Fuck yeah! If they did a campaign, it would need to star Dempsey, Takeo, Nikolai and Richtofen. Shit, just do a run through of the WAW maps to Moon, and just make it more streamlined.
Which ones didn't you like? I'm actually having a blast with the new gang in Exo Zombies at the moment.

Yeah, I actually like them, too. Though they're Sledgehammer's crew.

Some Nobody

I wouldn't mind a world War 2 game, not like there are any on next gen systems and would be a great change of pace from all this futuristic running on walls crap that's been going on.

Let halo stay the same game for the last 10 years, if people like that cool, whatever

But COD, bring it back to WW2, no individual kill streaks, have a team killstreak meter, that says 'ok.... X amount of people helped combine to this score? Release a chopper, release uav'

Keep the killstreak minimal, we don't need 15 of them no matter what the mw2 fanboys think
For the love of God, bring back tanks

Most importantly..... Be treyarch.... The only COD studio that brings actual improvements and change to the series

This is like a How-To on making Treyarch into the new Infinity Ward.

One more BLOPS. We need Mason and Woods to return to the past one more time.

Top Bottom