• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treyarch teasing Zombies-related announcement at DICE?

Raide

It's been 3 months since Advanced Warfare released. Too soon, come on now.

Sorry I should have edited my comment. I meant to say a new standalone Zombies game. They obviously talked about how hidden but massively popular the game was and then announced nothing

Which ones didn't you like? I'm actually having a blast with the new gang in Exo Zombies at the moment.
Haven't seen AW's yet besides knowing the cast(on PS4 so have to wait)

Tank Dempsy, Takeo, Nikolai and Richtofen are the only ones I legitimately liked.
5 group was kinda fun but got extremely old within like 2 matches.

BokehKing

Banned
Just curious. Why wouldn't a standalone zombie game work with a SP campaign and Multiplayer?

They could make this work if they really wanted to. Give us a whole new game.
It would work, no reason not to call it COD

The sooner we break away from the usual tropes of modern and future warfare, the sooner we get to

COD: Civil War
&
COD: Wild Wild West

Compsiox

Banned
That was really great! I was hoping for a hint about the future of zombies or even a new mode but whatever.

With Ghosts and Advanced Warfare already crowding the semi near future warfare COD scene I think now is the time for treyarch to really lean into Zombies and just make a full zombie game.

A post zombie outbreak game from the side of the military would be kind of interesting.

BLOPS-3 seems a little redundant.

BokehKing

Banned
With Ghosts and Advanced Warfare already crowding the semi near future warfare COD scene I think now is the time for treyarch to really lean into Zombies and just make a full zombie game.

A post zombie outbreak game from the side of the military would be kind of interesting.

But why does it have to be the military? Why can't it just be Tank Dempsey and company who can get his hands on military grade weapons

Remark

Banned

Black Ops 2 is basically Black Ops 3 since WaW-BO1-BO2 are all the same storyline.

Remark

Banned
There's been some teasers people have found within the presentation. From what I see it looks like sneak peeks to a trailer really. Also it doesn't look like Zombies will have any futuristic or heavy futuristic stuff in it. I'm just reaching from these pics doe >.>

Toa TAK

Banned
Is there a replay of the stream anywhere guys?

EDIT

For anyone that missed the stream, I found a youtube link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klNf1Vm17Pg
Thanks a lot for the link. This was a great watch, not just for zombies, but to see how Treyarch struggled to come as their own in gaming. In the series, they were just known for COD3 that I don't remember being that popular. Mark Lamia always seems like he's very proud of the studio he's heading and he should be! Even without zombies, the games since WAW on have been fantastic, especially their campaigns.
But why does it have to be the military? Why can't it just be Tank Dempsey and company who can get his hands on military grade weapons
Filled with nationalistic stereotypes, breaking the 4th wall, sci-fi/supernatural silliness, this game would be amazing. The Original Four must come back.
There's been some teasers people have found within the presentation. From what I see it looks like sneak peeks to a trailer really. Also it doesn't look like Zombies will have any futuristic or heavy futuristic stuff in it. I'm just reaching from these pics doe >.>

You can't just say that without pics. :p

Toa TAK

Banned
-Talk about social media, I had no clue how big the codzombie fanbase is on Tumblr. That would be the last place I expected it to be big.

-Also, it's kind of weird that the marketing team didn't want to promote zombies for Black Ops. Everyone assumed that it would be there from the get-go, marketing or not. It's also a bummer they didn't get to show that awesome trailer until a year later before MW3's release.

Don't say that, it will ruin the game
I rather go back in time with modern weapons

Rumors aside, another jump just makes sense. 64 years passed from Blops 1 to 2. I'm expecting a similar jump for 3.

I'm also kinda hoping for a story that weaves together all 3 Masons. Regardless I have faith Treyarch will deliver.

Jet packs are ok. I just hope they go back to the fun multiplayer like mw1 and mw2. Plus zombies. Which in my opinion its the best part of COD.

Remark

Banned
Thanks a lot for the link. This was a great watch, not just for zombies, but to see how Treyarch struggled to come as their own in gaming. In the series, they were just known for COD3 that I don't remember being that popular. Mark Lamia always seems like he's very proud of the studio he's heading and he should be! Even without zombies, the games since WAW on have been fantastic, especially their campaigns.

Filled with nationalistic stereotypes, breaking the 4th wall, sci-fi/supernatural silliness, this game would be amazing. The Original Four must come back.

You can't just say that without pics. :p
I was going post the video which featured all the pics but dude took it down.

How about WaW2 being an alternate reality where the A-bombs didn't make Japan surrender and you're thrown into Operation Downfall.

Top Bottom