• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Launches "Big League Truth" Team To Provide All The Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I guess this is the blueprint for Trump Network. I can't imagine something even more far-right than Fox News, christ.

UCBooties

Trump discrediting basically all of the media so his supporters only trust him and sources that suck up to him like Breitbart has, by far, been the most terrifying thing about his campaign. It is 100% dictatorial and would have incredibly damaging repercussions if he ever got elected. When a politician controls the entire message about him/her, that's some scary shit.

Oh yeah, Trump has been incredibly corrosive to the spirit of American Democracy. He's taken a playbook of inuendo and subtext and signal boosted it to the point where he's shouting to all of his supporters that any aspect of American society or our governing institutions that does not wholeheartedly support him has been subverted and is worthy of distrust and censure if not outright punishment or violence.

Even if he loses the damage he's done is going to be a problem for a long time to come.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I only ever see CTR when Trumpers are whining about it. WTF is CTR?

http://correctrecord.org/about/

Correct The Record is a strategic research and rapid response team designed to defend Hillary Clinton from baseless attacks.

It's more understandable coming from Hillary's side, given that Trump is a blatant, indefensible liar. Like straight out in public and all that. Still, it's the same concept/rhetoric and the optics of it are troubling to some.

Nivash

Dammit, I had money riding on him naming it YNN!

Yuge News Network

Pronounced as "whine"

With a side bet on MAGANN, complete with creepy anime avatar

cant wait for the next debate.

"i want to encourage viewers to visit my website where will we fact check all of donald trumps statements"

"WRONG viewers can go to MY website to get the real facts okay the tremendous facts"

repeat for 90 mins

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Take our country back?

I see Nigel Farage is having an influence already.

Seriously though - this is full on desperation/damage-control mode. This isn't aimed at convincing on-the-fencers or Clinton supporters - it's aimed at conserving his existing supporters, to help them rationalise away the mounting scandals. That's a good sign of how worried his campaign his right now.

Lunar15

The funny thing is that the whole "liberal media bias" thing is silly when the biggest marks against trump aren't even his lies: they're his direct, factual statements wherein he's a racist, clueless, and morally bankrupt buffoon.

You could listen to his quotes through a direct Donald Trump 24/7 News Network, but it would still have all of the completely reprehensible and frankly embarrassing content.

Finally we can have a news network that tells the truth. This news organization is the fullfillment of the 1st Amendment prophecy of the Holy Constitution which Super Jesus breathed into existence back in 1776.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Trump is truely the gift that keeps on giving

besada

Banned
If nothing else, this election had given me the hope of one day reading "Rump Bumped by Trump: Turned gay by the horrifying vision of a Trump Presidency"
QlqtuqP.jpg

jmood88

I guess this is the blueprint for Trump Network. I can't imagine something even more far-right than Fox News, christ.
Trump isn't really a hardcore conservative, he just lies about everything, so his network will just consist of everyone who wants to say outlandish shit without even faking like they'll back it up with facts.

marrec

Banned
Trump isn't really a hardcore conservative, he just lies about everything, so his network will just consist of everyone who wants to say outlandish shit without even faking like they'll back it up with facts.
So, like Alex Jones?

I like how it's specifically to fact check Hillary, not the debate.

Hillary during the debate told people to fact check the debate, not Trump. While that was obviously her goal, she knows she is not above scrutiny herself.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
There is a nuanced, rational way to show how this sort of approach by Trump shows how out of touch with reality Trump is considering over 50% of his "facts" are lies according to impartial fact checkers.

This following post is not it:

Hahaha what a twat.

Also Club Sandwich version of the BLT is best sandwich. Anyone who adds cucumber though need to be taught a lesson.

mclem

There is a nuanced, rational way to show how this sort of approach by Trump shows how our of touch with reality Trump is considering over 50% of his "facts" are lies according to impartial fact checkers.

Big League Fact #3: Impartial fact checkers are lying about their impartiality. The only truly honest, accurate, fair, balanced fact checker is, in fact, Big League Facts.

(Big League Fact #4: IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.)

Aurongel

Can't wait to see the format of their sources.

Hillary Clinton: "global warming exists!"
BLT Rating: False
Source: Dr. Donald J Trump, phd

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Liberal_bias said:
Conservatives don't stop at just accusing news organizations of having a liberal bias. In fact, if everything had the liberal bias that conservatives claimed, reality itself would surely have some form of liberal bias, either that, or liberals are so devious they have managed to take control over every form of communication to distort the truth.
Here is a short list of places conservatives have found liberal bias:
Google[16]
YouTube[17]
Wikipedia[18]
Snopes[19]
PolitiFact[20][21]
FactCheck.org[22]
Facebook[23]
Textbooks[24]
Distributive algebra[25]
Dictionaries[26]
Schools and teachers[27]
Apple[28]
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey and Neil deGrasse Tyson[29]
The Bible itself[30]
Science[citation NOT needed]
Reality[citation NOT needed]

Remember kids, reality has a liberal bias.

Leaked logo:
rrR79z6.jpg

So it's gonna be loaded with the old, washed up castoffs of other news networks, constantly run borderline nonsensical stories, and misappropriate its funds so badly that it'll end up in dire financial straits, leading to it possibly being sold to Neo-Nazis.

I wish they'd tell us the truth about his hands.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with his hands, but a lot of people are talking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom