• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Launches "Big League Truth" Team To Provide All The Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

With so many half-truths and out-right lies being spread by their campaign won't it be hard to systematicly structure "facts"? How do they know which "fact" is the right one?

If it's the other side, it's a lie. If it's your own side, it's just your opinion. If it's bad enough to stay in the news cycle. "I just misspoke."

B Spot in Cleveland has the best BLTs, especially when you add a fried egg.

thumb_600.jpg

Mmmm... Made one of these the other day with pepper bacon...

I think the more appropriate headline is Trump Campaign Uses Different Verbage to Encourage Supporters to Give Them Their Contact Information

BriGuy

I think the more appropriate headline is Trump Campaign Uses Different Verbage to Encourage Supporters to Give Them Their Contact Information
Most likely, but part of it is also presumably there so he has something to refer to later on after all those other dastardly fact checkers cast aspersions on his idea of the truth.

See also "every Internet poll says we won the debate."

Quixzlizx

I prefer Big League Chew.

Seriously. Does every major campaign need their own propaganda wing?

Give it a catchy name like BLT, so unassuming people think they are reading an independent news outlet.

#PartisanSpin

If it's the other side, it's a lie. If it's your own side, it's just your opinion. If it's bad enough to stay in the news cycle. "I just misspoke."

The openness of the propaganda machines for both parties is disgusting.

JABEE coming in hot with his #bothsidesarethesame takes.

rjinaz

Trump discrediting basically all of the media so his supporters only trust him and sources that suck up to him like Breitbart has, by far, been the most terrifying thing about his campaign. It is 100% dictatorial and would have incredibly damaging repercussions if he ever got elected. When a politician controls the entire message about him/her, that's some scary shit.

Honestly? I think some people would gladly accept a dictator like Trump as long as they were convinced that they would not be targeted and their lives would be better.

rjinaz

See: Putin, Erdogan, and Duterte.

Yup. Especially people that live unhappy lives and are filled with hate. He'll stick it to the minorities and make America White again like it once was, basically. As long as others are worse off than them, they can feel better.

I don't think they would openly admit it, not most, but it does explain why they readily dismiss everything he does that shows he is exactly that.

I don't think many people really appreciate how big of an undertaking creating a news network actually is. Not only would you need a huge amount of capital, you need a large amount of capital to maintain it as well. Without any kind of major network backer I don't see how it's possible. Even if they chose to keep afloat by public donations, I don't think they'd be able to consistently get enough money to keep going without advertisers, and unless the network is a hit right out of the gate, I doubt they will get many advertisers.

Fox News already has a stranglehold on the conservative news market, and they're already the "fair and balanced" one that "tells it like it is." Another network coming in with the same shtick is going to have a hard time fighting against the established one, especially when the only gimmick they will have is the name of a cult of personality.

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump tried it, since Trump has a history of really, really horrible business decisions, but I think it'd be DOA pretty quickly. I don't think he'll go for that, though. I know some people are looking at him as some type of revolutionary right now, but I think after he loses, he'll go more the route of Sarah Palin. Lots of book deals, lots of speeches, etc. He'll get dragged out of the closest every once and awhile, mostly by comedians for a good laugh, but the actual establishment will more or less shun him and treat him like an embarrassment without outright saying it.

I don't think many people really appreciate how big of an undertaking creating a news network actually is. Not only would you need a huge amount of capital, you need a large amount of capital to maintain it as well. Without any kind of major network backer I don't see how it's possible. Even if they chose to keep afloat by public donations, I don't think they'd be able to consistently get enough money to keep going without advertisers, and unless the network is a hit right out of the gate, I doubt they will get many advertisers.

Fox News already has a stranglehold on the conservative news market, and they're already the "fair and balanced" one that "tells it like it is." Another network coming in with the same shtick is going to have a hard time fighting against the established one, especially when the only gimmick they will have is the name of a cult of personality.

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump tried it, since Trump has a history of really, really horrible business decisions, but I think it'd be DOA pretty quickly. I don't think he'll go for that, though. I know some people are looking at him as some type of revolutionary right now, but I think after he loses, he'll go more the route of Sarah Palin. Lots of book deals, lots of speeches, etc. He'll get dragged out of the closest every once and awhile, mostly by comedians for a good laugh, but the actual establishment will more or less shun him and treat him like an embarrassment without outright saying it.

If anything I think that Trump has shown that there is definitely a market for entertainment news that is further right and less fact-checked than Fox. I think a website would be more likely than a cable news network though.

If anything I think that Trump has shown that there is definitely a market for entertainment news that is further right and less fact-checked than Fox. I think a website would be more likely than a cable news network though.

Yeah, a website is more likely. A network would die pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom