• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

MechDX

Eric WInston one of the leaders of the NFLPA releases statement:

DKbMa2EU8AA-jOt.jpg:large

This Trump statement is the worst. Horrible.

I honestly don’t know. Is Kap being black balled right now by NFL owners? Should he have a job in the NFL based on his performance on the field? Or not? I am honestly interested to know the facts.

He's being made an example of for sure. At the very least he's worthy of a backup role in the league. He took his team to the SB and to two NFL Championship games. There are some journeyman backups in the league that haven't done shit.

Lubricus

If I had several hundred million dollars, I would build a NASCAR track. There is going to be a few million ex-NFL fans looking for a new Sunday sport.
Or maybe hockey?

rjinaz

CrMcGvfWEAAkr1r.jpg:large

I mean what else needs to be said? It was never about anything other than people thinking they have no right or reason to be protesting in the first place.

The fact that our president thinks peaceful protestors should be fired and calls them sons of bitches is disgusting.

ZeoVGM

Banned
This Trump statement is the worst. Horrible. Hopefully every player in the NFL protests during the national anthem tomorrow.

I honestly don’t know. Is Kap being black balled right now by NFL owners? Should he have a job in the NFL based on his performance on the field? Or not? I am honestly interested to know the facts.

The way I look at it is this:

Kap is not a very good player.

But there are numerous bad white quarterbacks in the NFL who keep getting chance after chance. Yet for some reason, Kap isn't on a team at all.

I fully believe that he's being blocked from playing because of his politics.

I cannot wait for more football players to begin protesting and watching the collective country of NFL fans lose their shit. I would love nothing more than to see entire teams take knees in protest

This Trump statement is the worst. Horrible. Hopefully every player in the NFL protests during the national anthem tomorrow.

He is undoubtedly being black balled and it’s not even close. 538 and others have done amazing stories of comparing performance and backups with 1/10 of his talent had very long careers in the league and countless chances to become a starting qb again.

A lot of nasty shit has come out this last week that is weirdly getting downplayed. All the stuff about Manafort is horribly damaging, combined with the revelation that key battleground states were targeted by Russian hackers during the 2016 election. Most places are focused on Trump's silliness over the past few days and somehow the fact that his campaign manager is about to be indicted and the nature of the FBI raid on his house isn't being blasted around the clock.

Sadly, we're forced to walk and chew gum for months at a time with this shitclown. I fear that this is intentional to get the base riled up and turn it into a "left vs right" issue to cast the unethical/treasonous stuff into the shade.

Everything about him is disgusting, but it's often hard to keep that in mind as certain facets of him grow in disgustingness to record heights at times.

Maligna

Banned
Posted on my facebook feed by someone. I agree.

Donald Trump calls a man who was exercising his First Amendment Rights to make a peaceful protest against racism and police brutality a “son of a bitch.” But he says no such thing of the man who intentionally drove his car into a group of peaceful protesters and killed a woman. Think about that. Kaepernick makes a totally peaceful, symbolic statement, loses his job, and is attacked by the president*, but no such words about a murderer. “Very fine people” were marching with torches, remember.
He is holding a white supremacist rally in Alabama. He is whipping the crowd into a frenzy of hatred for a black man who is peacefully asking for racial justice.
Donald Trump is a racist. Donald Trump is a white supremacist. This isn’t about the anthem.

Absolutely.

He should have a starting job. No one can tell me Andy Dalton or whoever the fuck the Jets QB is, is more deserving of a starting job. Even if you don't think he's good enough to start, there are 32 teams in the league. Most have at least one backup, usually more. That's at least 64 QBs that need to be in the league.

gamerMan

Trump is trying to divide us up. Hopefully, all the players respond tomorrow with unity. We are the United States not Divided States.

Mifune

Mehmber
It's not a privilege to play in the NFL or NBA. They earned that fucking right. They are better at their chosen sport than Trump will ever be at anything in his miserable life.

I'd love to see owners try to fire players over this.

chaos789

Banned
I wonder if he is saying all of this to distract from how it was reported about Manafort being wiretapped by the FBI and having his house raided and could possibly be indicted.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I wonder if he is saying all of this to distract from how it was reported about Manafort being wiretapped by the FBI and having his house raided and could possibly be indicted.

No, he's saying this because he's an idiot.

He's not playing chess. He's never played chess. This is tic-tac-toe with a pigeon.

MechDX

No, he's saying this because he's an idiot.

He's not playing chess. He's never played chess. This is tic-tac-toe with a pigeon.

No its a valid point. He has done this the entire year. Makes some stupid comments and around 12-24 hours later something big drops but peoples attention are elsewhere.

Trump is still a moron but these is validity to this idea

No its a valid point. He has done this the entire year. Makes some stupid comments and around 12-24 hours later something big drops but peoples attention are elsewhere.

But he says stupid shit almost every day

Ithil

Lol at some of those comments. "The NFL as it once was is over".

Oh noes, some Black folks aren't standing for the 3 minute anthem, I can no longer enjoy the following 3 hours of this game.

These same people go to get a beer or go to the bathroom during the anthem, anyway. They act like they are standing up in their living rooms holding their hearts at the TV.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

I mean, maybe..?

I think we would be giving him WAY too much credit. More likely there is just a constant deluge of terrible shit and 'big stories' that no matter what he tweets 24-48 hours something 'big' gets dropped.

Boke1879

These same people go to get a beer or go to the bathroom during the anthem, anyway. They act like they are standing up in their living rooms holding their hearts at the TV.

Are these people standing at attention in their living rooms while the anthem is played?

Ithil

He isn't. He's saying it because he's a racist prick. These are his real thoughts, "uppity blacks need to learn their place".

Wamb0wneD

CrMcGvfWEAAkr1r.jpg:large

I mean what else needs to be said? It was never about anything other than people thinking they have no right or reason to be protesting in the first place.

The fact that our president thinks peaceful protestors should be fired and calls them sons of bitches is disgusting.

Maybe that it's not white people against black people as a whole? I agree that what Trump said is disgusting and that the way he treats white supremacists better than regular black people who voice their opinion is as well, but this rethoric doesn't help anybody.

Hmmm Muller must be real close to something or something about to be exposed. He just mad black players won't worship him. Only his paid tokens will or some that want to get paid.

I wish...but I read that a lot of times these days when he says something outrageous.

FyreWulff

Maybe that it's not white people against black people as a whole? I agree that what Trump said is disgusting and that the way he treats white supremacists better than regular black people who voice their opinion is as well, but this rethoric doesn't help anybody.

It isn't rhetoric when it's true. For white people the goalpost just kept being moved when they have to acknowledge how society is set up, and even has a specific term: white fragility.

LotusHD

Banned

I mean, it's a pretty accurate "rhetoric" that white people always got something to say about how black people protest, even the ones that are allegedly on our sides, saying we have to do it this way, or that way, or lament that we're inconveniencing them, and so on.

This one of those times y'all can quote MLK lmao

Top Bottom