• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump tells congress he lost popular vote due to 3-5m illegal ballots (false)

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
He is going to stay in campaign mode for 4 years. He will talk about the election and how he won it every chance he gets. Sad little man.

Yep. And when his approval numbers drop to the lowest in history he'll claim false/fake/whatever. He thrives on numbers. Even if they're made up.

Seriously, what the fuck. What mechanisms exist to handle a president that blatantly lies like this, just outright straight-up lying? What can be done?
Until we get a chance to vote him out, dismantle the party giving him more power and out people in place who will fight against him. Exhaust every Avenue in trying to prove he has broken the law, so that he can be impeached (again not happening if we don't vote out enough people supporting him).

Basically find out who is running against the gop in every election between now and 2020 and support them. Heck, if no one is, find someone to run or run yourself.

Little dick.

I don't actually know how someone could stand to be around a man like him. I have zero doubt that insignificant slights in his daily life would make him vindictive even towards the people he loves. That'd be such a fucking annoying environment to live in.

kevin1025

Banned
Well, Donnie, if you want to be reaaaaaaallly sure, we could, I don't know, have another election. Y'know, just to be safe.

To go along with National Trump Day every January 20th, there will be Trump Voting Day, where you can only vote for Trump, to see how many votes he can possibly get.

To go along with National Trump Day every January 20th, there will be Trump Voting Day, where you can only vote for Trump, to see how many votes he can possibly get.

Even better, it will coincide with new seasons of American Idol, where every vote you cast via text for a singer is also counted as a vote for Trump!

His dad must have said something profound to him in his childhood that caused him to spend his whole life trying to prove his worth.

"Son, you are better than literally everyone. Period."

Slayven

Scary that a 70 year man can't just say people disagreed with him, he has to craft a narrative that something illegal happened.

MechaX

He is going to stay in campaign mode for 4 years. He will talk about the election and how he won it every chance he gets. Sad little man.

The sad thing is that he's totally going to stay in campaign mode (and invent people to attack since Crooked Hillary and Muslim Obama won't be convincing factors even for his base at a certain point). It's probably the only way he's going to not commit suicide by year one.

karasu

He really refuses to accept any narrative but his own. Why are people letting this shit slide? If I was at lunch with someone and they started with some bull I would call them on it. Boss or not. Like come on, you know you're bullshitting. We all know you're bullshitting.

Someone should really point out how much more popular Obama is... would crush him clearly.
Oh he's been told. But those popularity ratings are no different than the polls which called the election for Hillary.

See? He still won the things. He will always find a way to win the things.

The things he doesn't win aren't things, or they're rigged things, or nobody cares about those things.

BriGuy

Luckily for him, that means there's 3-5 million pieces of evidence to back up his claim. Heck, I say we give him the benefit of the doubt if he can demonstrate even 1% of those 3-5 million votes were fraudulently cast. That's more than fair, right?

Oh god...I haven't thought of him delivering the State of the Union in awhile. Fuck.

"The union isn't a state, but if it was, you better believe I'd have won it. Bigly. Also, the wall is going to be so big, made of bricks so tremendous that they will just barely fit in my massive hands. God Bless me and God Bless America."

So since US Congress probably won't have the backbone and a fair portion of the media is still trying to treat this like normal times, I feel like illness due to what has to be a pretty shit state of health is gonna take its toll.

People (and legitimate media) need to keep pressing him as well as anyone falling in line for his shit, even if they hold their nose as they stand in it. It's obvious that it gets to him.

Stasis

All ego, all the time.

Numbers, numbers, numbers. Popularity.

He can spin all this shit, and I'm sure he's managed to actually convince himself he's right. The one thing he can't spin is that he got no celebrity backing for his inauguration and that definitely drives him crazy. His supporters will believe his camp's BS about not wanting star power, about it being "for the people" or whatever, but HE is definitely upset. If he's whining this much about attendance pics, popular vote, etc. imagine how upset he is that virtually every A-lister has shunned him, and will continue to do so?

It's all there is now that can bother him. They should continue displaying their dismay at everything he does, just like we should continually request his income taxes, and march, and repond to every single lie he tells. It'll wear him down.

Yes I fear what he's capable of, but if we don't do this and we don't wear him down then he WILL manage to convince enough people to vote for him again in 4 years, if he's not in jail/impeached/dead. We can't let that happen no matter how rough it gets.

/rant.

He really refuses to accept any narrative but his own. Why are people letting this shit slide? If I was at lunch with someone and they started with some bull I would call them on it. Boss or not. Like come on, you know you're bullshitting. We all know you're bullshitting.

we gotta convince the simple sheep that he's bullshitting.

Epcott

Is he going to be this salty whiny winner for the next 4 years? I don't know if I can take this every day 😭

Got

Banned
So since US Congress probably won't have the backbone and a fair portion of the media is still trying to treat this like normal times, I feel like illness due to what has to be a pretty shit state of health is gonna take its toll.

People need to keep pressing him; it's obvious that it gets to him.

let's hope so.

tuxfool

Banned
More sources:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/donald-trump-fraud-claims-234083

In his first meeting with congressional leaders of both parties since taking office, President Donald Trump on Monday reiterated a debunked claim that he only lost the national popular vote because of widespread voter fraud.

Multiple sources described the exchange as part of a generally light-hearted meet-and-greet between Trump and the lawmakers at the White House. It’s unclear if any of the leaders responded to Trump.

Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn (R-Texas) confirmed that Trump made the voter fraud claim, but added, "I didn't pay a lot of attention to it. I was ready to move onto some policy issues. I didn't anticipate that discussion."

It's further evidence of Trump’s fixation with his narrow victory, in which he captured an Electoral College handily despite losing the popular vote to Hillary Clinton by nearly 3 million votes. Nearly three weeks after his Election Day victory, as late California returns drove up Clinton’s popular vote margin, Trump tweeted incorrectly about the size of his victory.

“In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally,” he wrote.

He’s provided no evidence to back up that claim, and multiple fact checks and investigations have called the assertion false.

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/statu...85074021388288

@jimsciutto
.@WhipHoyer telling @ErinBurnett President Trump discussed inaugural crowd size during his meeting with congressional leaders today

And guess who goes on air next time we have some sort of school shooting or other national tragedy...

"It's just terrible, terrible what kids do with guns. Believe me, folks, we're gonna find the radical islamic terrorists who shot up this school. There will be law and order. We gotta fight 'em at the source - Iran. They're #1 tricky. I'm gonna start bombing them in like 10 minutes. The bombs will be tremendous."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom