• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump's net worth drops $600 million on Forbes' rich list, falls 92 spots

Saya

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/17/news/trump-billionaires-forbes-richest-americans/

The rich are getting richer. But not Donald Trump.

The Forbes list of 400 richest Americans shows that the billionaire-in-chief's fortune fell by $600 million to $3.1 billion. As a result he dropped to #248 on the list, after coming in at #156 last year.

The magazine attributed his decline in wealth to "a tough New York real estate market, particularly for retail locations; a costly lawsuit and an expensive presidential campaign." Trump reached a $25 million settlement in a suit that claims that his Trump University real estate seminars defrauded students.

But overall the richest Americans are richer than they were a year ago. In fact it now takes a record $2 billion to make the cut of the richest 400 Americans. The magazine estimates there are 169 billionaires who were too "poor" to make the cut, including Facebook (FB, Tech30) Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg.

Bill Gates tops the list for the 24th straight year with a net worth estimated at $89 billion. Amazon (AMZN, Tech30) founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, worth $81.5 billion, held on to the No. 2 spot he first claimed in 2016. Warren Buffett, remains No. 3 with a fortune worth $78 billion.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Shitlord is robbing the US of millions every week, and he's still losing tons of money overall.

Clearly a great businessman, as many people seem to think.

Fake news.

Being exposed as an incompetent ignoramus has actually increased his stock by 20 billion.

If you think about it, Trump could just erase the national debt by increasing stock market gains.

#MAGA

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Bill Gates tops the list for the 24th straight year with a net worth estimated at $89 billion.

Wait a minute. Wasn't Warren Buffet considered the richest guy at one (several?) point(s)?

Bedlam

article said:
"But overall the richest Americans are richer than they were a year ago. In fact it now takes a record $2 billion to make the cut of the richest 400 Americans."

Fuck Trump. This is the real story here. The widening gap in wealth distribution is the prime root cause for so many social and political issues in the modern world.

theWB27

I could make fun of him...but I can't bring myself to tease a billionaire about money. Also...this proves the rich need to be taxed more.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
He's going to melt down harder over this than Rosie O'Donnell.

being a billionaire is more important to him than having big hands or a sexy daughter.

Kadin

I forget how long did Bezos hold the top spot earlier in the year? I though he was projected to reclaim the top spot for the long term at some point, right?

Lmao was just reading about this.

Apparently, there’s a “trump rule” where whatever number he would tell Forbes he was worth, Forbes would just divide it by 3 and go withy hat number.

Fuck Trump. This is the real story here. The widening gap in wealth distribution is in my opinion the prime root cause for so many social and political issues.

So much this.

This is definitely not the land of the free.

We're all worker bees, providing for a small handful of queens.

Eusis

Guess whipping the nation into a racist frenzy doesn’t pay
Being President probably doesn't pay like staying busy in the market. Not unless you're a hell of a lot more clever, which Trump is not.

Though yeah playing to bigots (better have) hurt further too.

This is only an estimate. With his completely hidden financials there's no way to verify. Given his penchant for faking or exaggerating his wealth it's likely way off base.

trump is such an egomaniac, I realy believe he would flaunt how much he’s worth by proving it right? Like he would carry around his tax papers and show chicks he’s worth 3 billion. It’s just weird that he’s so reticent about his net worth when everyone’s saying he’s not realy rich at all.

mlclmtckr

Banned
So much this.

This is definitely not the land of the free.

We're all worker bees, providing for a small handful of queens.

We're all people on a vast plain full of preventable poverty, illness, and violence. And there is a giant narrow spire off in the distance where all of the power is concentrated and where people have millions of times more resources than they actually need.

actual-wealth-distribution.jpg

jbug617

Banned
You know he is going to rant about this on Twitter. This probably the one thing that hurts him the most since he became president

Top Bottom