• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubi: NX will "recapture lapsed Wii players," Nintendo "addressing the family market"

What did we honestly expect, the Just Dance guy to say that they're bringing it to the NX because Nintendo's striking out for the core audience?

What does it mean for semi-core/core gamers?

Nintendo hasn't really cared about those since the DS and Wii, so it doesn't mean anything to them. If you mean the Nintendo core, well those will be just fine and get the Nintendo games they want and some extra stuff from 3rd party deals here and there as usual.

Anth0ny

yeah right

nothing is going to recapture a market that is perfectly content playing games on their phone for free

been calling this for a long time, they will gimmick it up again. No surprise from me Been saying it for months.

Nintendo games dead to me for another generation because of borked consoles... sigh. Expected but saddening all the same.

I think the Wii market was a flash in the pan, those people have moved to mobile games
It has always been part of the Nintendo market in some way or the other.

Although obviously, Nintendo has been affected because how accessible interactive enterteinment has become in live essential devices like Smart phones.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Can you feel it?

office_space_kit_mat-wpugh.jpg

Pretty much. We literally know nothing about the machine.

After seeing Zelda

I am very optimistic about NX

And honestly? It doesnt need to be overly powerful. Just powerful enough, cheap and packed with great features (something WiiU STILL LACKS) and great games

If NX wants that family market then they need to try and get an absolutely stunning Mario Kart in for/around launch. Mario Kart is the one franchise that even my friends who don't like Nintendo love.

What did we honestly expect, the Just Dance guy to say that they're bringing it to the NX because Nintendo's striking out for the core audience?

I think the biggest message is that of all the games at Ubisoft's conference, the only one they announced for the NX was Just Dance.

Edit: Beaten!

After seeing Zelda

I am very optimistic about NX

And honestly? It doesnt need to be overly powerful. Just powerful enough, cheap and packed with great features (something WiiU STILL LACKS) and great games

Power isn't the problem if it's priced accordly. But if it's to get another expensive underpowered console... this isn't going to cut it out. Unless they have the most amazing library ever.

The NX is a smart watch.

But really, I'm not looking forward to the gimmick that's supposed to capture the family audience. I feel like they're chasing a market that has left the building.

Oregano

I'm intrigued as to how exactly that's supposed to happen. It might just be empty properties speech though, not going to jump to conclusions.

Elandyll

Banned
Slightly confused...
Wasn't the WiiU also familly focused?

Or does he mean on a cost level perhaps (not having a screen on the pad maybe making it more affordable) ?

Or maybe as related to Ubi, this time Nin doesn't plan to try to overlap by producing titles like ZombiU or Bayonetta2?

Power isn't the problem if it's priced accordly. But if it's to get another expensive underpowered console... this isn't going to cut it out. Unless they have the most amazing library ever.

They just need to source current mass produced components

Done and Done

And it looks like thats what they are doing.

deleted

Since all of you guys are taking an inferior graphics approach from this snippet, I'm taking a 'hey, cool, they won't ditch local coop/versus, since that's for families' position.

Speculation on one quote and all...

The Wii's sales numbers were a complete fluke and not indicative of where the video game market is heading. People wanted Wii sports for the novelty and once the luster of new wore off, Wii consoles the world over universally sat under TVs collecting dust.

They are delusional if they think they're ever going to recapture that market. Those people are playing on their smartphones and tablets now.

Top Bottom