• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Q3 2015: AC Unity + Rogue 10m, Watch Dogs 10m, Far Cry 4 7m, Crew 2m shipped

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
It's clear what it means. "We easily beat Forza and Driveclub but got our asses kicked by Mario Kart."

I don't think any racing title will pas Mario Kart 8's sales this generation except maybe a new Gran Turismo.

dex3108

So we will need to wait for more info about 2015 releases. They will address that in May. AC, The Division and Rainbow Six are confirmed for 2015 release.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Nirolak said:
They had a split audience though and the other one was made in Sofia, so it's not exactly a giant cost addition.
Rogue was made across 4 or 5 studios, some of which worked on Unity at the same time. Not comparable to main-games in cost, but it wasn't small-scale like Liberty either.

AC3 sold over 10M across 2 consoles too - but different market circumstances for sure.

E3 2016 is my guess and 2017 will be release year. And there is chance that announcement and release will be same year.

actually what i want ubisoft to do is to hire killer writers (that im pretty sure they dont have atm), and switch between ac and watchdogs each year instead of annual ac, and at least have some good story in their games. farcrys getting there but its still not good enough.

Chobel

Their next AC game is set in Victorian London, Sony is releasing not one but two different games set in that setting, the obvious thing to do would be to partner with Sony, (like they usually do, no idea why they went with MS this year), and market the game with Bloodborne and Order 1886 special outfits for the main character.

I think MS has the exclusive marketing deal with AC now.

Derpyduck

Banned
Are there any numbers for Trials? Seeing the number of people on the high scores list on XB1 and PS4 makes me think it easily cleared a million.

Beaulieu

the crew gets so much hate here but i really liked it.
i think people bashing it might not have tried it...

im not typically into racing games tho'

Welfare

Money > Dreams

Fuck yo dreams

hqdefault.jpg

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
10M for Rogue and Unity is SUPER impressive.

Considering Unity's broken ass state and Rogue's last-gen only thing.

I would love to see actual split between the generations.

I can give you Unity but which others Ubisoft games where broken?

I know for a fact (since a friend of mine has bought AC U and Watch dogs on PC) that both had really terrible issues on launch, though the spotlight of AC U shortcomings came from the fact that even the console versions were broken.

Also I think that there were news that even Tetris (released by Ubisoft some months ago) was also broken. And I remember the crew having connectivity issues on launch, though on this day and age I think having connectivity issues is lame news unless you are Driveclub or TMCC that were broken for weeks.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Money > Dreams

Fuck yo dreams
I also feel that there were way more commercials when they had a Sony partnership. AC4 was very heavily marketed.

Thanks, now I am wondering where that analyst got the 5 from. His question made it sound like he just wanted to confirm something he heard earlier. We will see what they in May, I guess.
Maybe AC Rogue's pc port is counted as a triple A release.

Couple point stand out to me.. Far Cry 4 selling 7 million is well-deserved. One of my favorite games of last year, hands down.

Huge increase in digital sales revenue. Parallel with other publishers, represents a big shift in the industry.

Over half of sales generated from next gen consoles. This is telling because Ubi is a big publisher that continues to have most of its line-up as cross-gen titles. Wonder if the majority of the company's 2015 line-up will still be cross-gen, I assume so because of huge teams working on development.

dex3108

Thanks, now I am wondering where that analyst got the 5 from. His question made it sound like he just wanted to confirm something he heard earlier. We will see what they in May, I guess.

Toronto has 2 or 3 more unannounced projects from last year + other studios. FC3 Blood Dragon creative director is working on unannounced title in Montreal too, and AC4 Game Director is working on unannounced project. And FC4 creative director is working on smaller personal project too. That number is probably guess based on previous years (ubi makes 4-5 AAA games per year).

Nzyme32

PC sales are growing that is nice to hear.

That isn't what any of the information here shows. It shows another decline for Ubisoft. This shouldn't be unexpected with the often awful work of Ubi Kiev and Uplay amongst others, and users being wise to it.

Seems to be great growth outside of Ubi. Even Konami saw significant growth for the platform.

I think the Crew is fantastic, glad to see it's at least doing fairly well. It's like what Need for Speed: The Run should have been.

ViciousDS

Banned
The Crew would have been great if you didn't have to grind every single living fuck part of the car to upgrade the damn thing. The million challenges was just so lame to do just so I could get my car faster. Should have just locked parts behind the in game currency and let me buy them.

dex3108

That isn't what any of the information here shows. It shows another decline for Ubisoft. This shouldn't be unexpected with the often awful work of Ubi Kiev and Uplay amongst others, and users being wise to it.

Seems to be great growth outside of Ubi. Even Konami saw significant growth for the platform.

They said in conference call that PC market is growing and that they are satisfied with that.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Woah, AC seems really down and Far Cry up, no?

https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/comsit...1ubisoft q3 fy14 english finaltcm99128073.pdf

"Excellent momentum for Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, with some 10 million sell-in units.
This performance bears witness to both the high quality of the game and the franchise’s
strong dynamic with gamers."

https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/comsite_common/en-US/images/Ubisoft Q3 FY13 Englishtcm9982637.pdf

Far Cry® 3 was the highest-rated shooter game in 2012
for Xbox360 (with a Metacritic score of 90%), and delivered a much higher-thanexpected
performance, with already over 4.5 million sell-in and digitally distributed units.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It went down by 1 million units in a transitioning year with split skus and poor quality.

That's got to make it one of the most resilient franchises in gaming.

Correcting myself here, it didn't even go down versus Black Flag for the same time period.

Not to be a dick, but I just can't imagine what kind of person runs right past Forza and Driveclub to grab a copy of The Crew.

I played the FH2 demo and wasn't a fan. Bought The Crew and love it. However, I did buy Driveclub. So, I guess I'm not one of those people!

These numbers are insane. Guys put this in perspective, not one RE game has sold 7 million copies. Ubisoft releases practically anything and it sells 7+ million yearly. Ridiculous.

I'm most amazed that The Crew outsold both Horizon 2 and DriveClub.

All those gif threads...

These numbers are insane. Guys put this in perspective, not one RE game has sold 7 million copies. Ubisoft releases practically anything and it sells 7+ million yearly. Ridiculous.

FC4, ACU, and WD are not "practically anything", they are 3 of the most expensive games of 2014.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Rogue was made across 4 or 5 studios, some of which worked on Unity at the same time. Not comparable to main-games in cost, but it wasn't small-scale like Liberty either.

AC3 sold over 10M across 2 consoles too - but different market circumstances for sure.

I am willing to bet Rogue was very cost effective and required minimal amount of work. All it did was reuse assets from Black Flag.

Which is completely OK.

Top Bottom