• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

IIRC I went 10-8 against TWILT, whom is a solid player. I am pleased with that. I honestly still have near perfect muscle memory still. I just have to remember what I am supposed to do in various situations.

However, TWILT needs to work on his Doom as much as I need to work on Shuma, haha.
Oh definitely. I usually retain the muscle memory but I think soooooooo slow. Fortunately sf4 is a slower game so maybe I won't do so bad. I mean I did fine at evo and I hadn't played since January. I think I might actually play today. Time to hit up the sf4 thread

JeTmAn81

I was actually playing some SF4 last night. My Akuma still had 0PP and 0BP. Feels bad, man. But I finally managed to beat someone in ranked. It was a bad Cody who didn't know how to get around my fireball spam.

Good Games Kevo!
Your nova has gotten pretty sick since the last time we played!
Dat air throw!
Those happy birthdays!!!

haha ggs man!

thanks! might as well call it the scooption select air throw aka scoop city

so is that your new team with doom/storm/sentinel? also, i had to lol when you had time to combo off a super jump foot dive S into the comeback win.

edit: also im not sure why, but on my end it felt like there was more lag than usual. i think ill reset my modem now

onionfrog

haha ggs man!

thanks! might as well call it the scooption select air throw aka scoop city

so is that your new team with doom/storm/sentinel? also, i had to lol when you had time to combo off a super jump foot dive S into the comeback win.
I don't know if I'd quite call it a new team yet, but I have been experimenting a bit recently with point doom teams. Mostly in an effort to actually learn how to use doom on some level. He's actually quite fun to play as backed by the right assists. I don't think I got a chance to use it in our matches but OTG hidden missiles into THC with that team is beastly!

Doom/Hsien-ko/Arthur is quite fun as well. Trying out a lot of different characters helps to keep the game feeling fresh.

And yeah that super jump foot dive pickup was dumb! I can't say I wasn't pretty happy about it though.
edit: also im not sure why, but on my end it felt like there was more lag than usual. i think ill reset my modem now
I agree the connection was laggier than usual.

Frantic

Finally renewed my XBL subscription, woo. Didn't get a new controller, because I'm a cheapskate(my controller still works, it just irritates my thumb a little when I do certain motions repeatedly, so it's not super pressing to get a new one... yet).

I'll send you a friend request when I get the chance, Mango. I should be good to play sometime this week.

Dahbomb

Finally renewed my XBL subscription, woo. Didn't get a new controller, because I'm a cheapskate(my controller still works, it just irritates my thumb a little when I do certain motions repeatedly, so it's not super pressing to get a new one... yet).

I'll send you a friend request when I get the chance, Mango. I should be good to play sometime this week.
Kimo was saying that he figured out how to do Dante's Multilock (charged) straight into Reverb Shock. Known or unknown feature?

Frantic

Kimo was saying that he figured out how to do Dante's Multilock (charged) straight into Reverb Shock. Known or unknown feature?
Never heard about it myself, but it makes sense that it'd be possible since charged Multilock is special cancelable. Could be interesting to mess around with(though I don't know how to do it, lol).

Alright cool. Looking forward to using my complete ass Dante

onionfrog

I think I'm going to replace Hawkeye on my team and try Felicia(Rolling Buckler)/Doom(Plasma Beam)/Strider(Vajra).

I Should be able to get unblockables going with Rolling Buckler assist and dooms j.M. And Doom + Vajra is so good.

Does anyone know if its possible to set up raw tag combos with Felicia on point? I could get some good damage if I could raw tag to doom mid-combo.I looked online a bit but I didn't see any setups that start with Felicia.

Too bad she doesn't have Nova's ubsurd untechable time off of air throws. Air throw -> raw tag doom would be so dumb!

Dahbomb

Capcom's Matt Dahlgren has pretty much confirmed there will be no UMVC3 at this year's Capcom Cup. Cited licensing issues.

Dead game is dead etc.

onionfrog

Capcom's Matt Dahlgren has pretty much confirmed there will be no UMVC3 at this year's Capcom Cup. Cited licensing issues.

Dead game is dead etc.
This is unfortunate, but I can't say I'm surprised.

Pretty dissapointing though, Marvel at the last Capcom Cup was unbelievably hype.

Just curious, how does everyone here plink dash? Two buttons? Three? L>M+H, H>L+M, etc?

I sometimes do it differently with different characters because it seems harder with some than others, but I usually just do H>M+H.

I also have no idea why I can't wavedash for shit with Felicia. It's like her timing is different.

And does anyone here play Deadpool and do backwards wavedashes with him? Sometimes it works fine and other times he just dashes in place and it looks absolutely bizarre.

FSLink

Banned
Just curious, how does everyone here plink dash? Two buttons? Three? L>M+H, H>L+M, etc?

I sometimes do it differently with different characters because it seems harder with some than others, but I usually just do H>M+H.

I also have no idea why I can't wavedash for shit with Felicia. It's like her timing is different.

And does anyone here play Deadpool and do backwards wavedashes with him? Sometimes it works fine and other times he just dashes in place and it looks absolutely bizarre.

I do it with two buttons on a stick. L+M button right next to the H button.

Zissou

I just plink H~S unless an overlapping command normal fucks it up in which case I do M~L. I haven't found three button methods or methods involving macros to be any more consistent, personally.

Frantic

Played a good Zero/Dante/Ammy and I don't know what it is about Zeroes, but I just know what mixup they want to do. I blocked some crazy shit. Even blocked command dash > Buster a few times consciously(and not just from autoblock/pushblock). Was pretty even until I started doing less unsafe shit, then I started winning a bit more.

Meanwhile, against someone else I discovered I still can't block Cap's cr.L. Block six mixups by Zero in a row, get blown up by Cap's cr.L. That's me in a nutshell.

Deadpool's backdash has startup, so you have to do it slower than you would other characters.

http://youtu.be/3eZqIiAQUAs

Fuck it. I'm playing point dorm now.
Oh hey, I know that guy. Dude hates Strider with a fiery passion, and with fairly good reason considering Dorm can't do much against Vajra but hope to get lucky.

Nah point dorm is probs amazing as fuck with the right assists.

Thinking of trying Missiles and something else with him... maybe drones?
No. Just no.

I'm sure you can make it work, but more often than not you're gonna get fucking mauled at the beginning. You play Zero for goodness sake, so I hope you understand.

Now once you get your space with Dorm, he's pretty amazing, but that's why most people play him second.

JeTmAn81

Dorm/Haggar/Doom could work for a point Dorm team. Paradigm is boss with it, though he typically starts Haggar and builds meter for Dorm. Either way Haggar is amazing for protecting dorm at close quarters.

FSLink

Banned
Dorm/Haggar/Doom could work for a point Dorm team. Paradigm is boss with it, though he typically starts Haggar and builds meter for Dorm. Either way Haggar is amazing for protecting dorm at close quarters.

Yeah having Haggar is probably the only way to make Dorm on point work consistently, and even then you probably want to have Haggar first to be a battery.

Right after he calls his gold armored Hsien-Ko assist to create space for another assist :D

No. Just no.

I'm sure you can make it work, but more often than not you're gonna get fucking mauled at the beginning. You play Zero for goodness sake, so I hope you understand.

Now once you get your space with Dorm, he's pretty amazing, but that's why most people play him second.

Yes all around. Point Dormammu only works with Lariat, and even then it is not great because he has to build his own meter. Haggar/Dormammu/Assist will be better every time. The opening gambit slaughters him more than any other character in the game. No bias there, objective fact.

Sigmaah

1. Pick Dorm and Magneto
2. Call Disruptor, teleport
3. ???
4. Profit

Oh word Disruptor is so damn good with Dorm! should try magneto then!

You probably want a fast assist too.
Perhaps a beam or tatsu?

Tatsu sounds real nice, I'll give it a try tonight!

Where are you getting the space to call an assist?!

I can just call assist then f.H! I'm in the clear!

Well just reading what you all said, point dorm dream is dead... FUCK IT ILL SEE HOW IT GOES AND ILL REPORT BACK LMAO

Oh word Disruptor is so damn good with Dorm! should try magneto then!

Tatsu sounds real nice, I'll give it a try tonight!

I can just call assist then f.H! I'm in the clear!

Well just reading what you all said, point dorm dream is dead... FUCK IT ILL SEE HOW IT GOES AND ILL REPORT BACK LMAO

Hey if you can make it happen, more power to you.

I think I'm gonna try to come up with some new Zero strats since I'm gonna be playing in a tourney soon.

Marz

Yes all around. Point Dormammu only works with Lariat, and even then it is not great because he has to build his own meter. Haggar/Dormammu/Assist will be better every time. The opening gambit slaughters him more than any other character in the game. No bias there, objective fact.

Yo Strange gets mauled at the start too lol

FSLink

Banned
What makes Dorm more susceptible to being mauled than Strange? Dorm has better normals and better mobility.

People just scared of that Impact Palm option select?

I'd say Impact Palm trades better with tons of moves than anything Dorm has, and with the proper assists you can easily convert it into a full combo or even an FoF loop depending on the assist.

Zissou

Strange has a decent normal backdash which another thing Dorm lacks. I feel the pain with Doom too- no way to escape Hulk :(

Yo Strange gets mauled at the start too lol
Actually, Strange is good at the start. Huge myth. A guy on GRASs worked out how to win the opening exchange with him in most situations. Impact Palm OS is really good.

The problem is that no one plays Strange with his best assist: Rapid Slash. It makes his keepaway ridiculous, because he has 3 tracking projectiles that force you to land, and then once you land - woosh - back to the corner. Since his stuff tracks, he also does well vs. Teleporters, and he naturally counters keepaway. I think he could compete if someone learned his optimal team setup as a point character.

Strange has a decent normal backdash which another thing Dorm lacks. I feel the pain with Doom too- no way to escape Hulk :(
To be fair, no one escapes Hulk. ;) Doom has the great f.H OS though.

FSLink

Banned
Actually, Strange is good at the start. Huge myth. A guy on GRASs worked out how to win the opening exchange with him in most situations. Impact Palm OS is really good.

The problem is that no one plays Strange with his best assist: Rapid Slash. It makes his keepaway ridiculous, because he has 3 tracking projectiles that force you to land, and then once you land - woosh - back to the corner. Since his stuff tracks, he also does well vs. Teleporters, and he naturally counters keepaway. I think he could compete if someone learned his optimal team setup as a point character.

Hm, how well would a Strange/Dorm/Vergil team work you think? I used a similar team but with Doom at the back and it worked all right, but random missile hits are awkward to convert off of with Strange. I also switched it to Doom/Dorm/Strange (bolts) when I had to fight a Wolverine or something.

There was also that Japanese player who used Strange/Iron Man/Vergil too.

Zissou

In certain match-ups, fwd.H is great- Wolvie trying to dive kick/throw OS during opening gambit? lol- dead Wolverine. It can get blown up though if someone knows you'll try it though. In match-ups where you have to respect the opponent, like against Hulk, not being able to OS backdash/throw sucks pretty bad though.

Top Bottom