• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted Collection demo up in PS Store Worldwide

Revven

Since we're using this for general discussion as well until the game comes out (at least it seems that way lol) I thought I'd post that it seems they did not fix the blue water room glitch in Drake's Fortune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daH1YkhgGjs (found this while searching youtube earlier for stuff on the game).

This is a godsend because that part is just awful and would be a nightmare on Brutal lol. I guess they just didn't want to mess with the trigger for whatever reason. Either that or Naughty Dog mandated the games remain in the state they were on their last patch for PS3 (so for UC1 that would be 1.01, UC2 1.09, and whatever was the last important patch for UC3 single player).

Still, you'd think something like this would be fixed because it's clearly not intended by the developers and a simple mistake with how the game triggers the enemies to spawn in that room.

And I can't imagine ND and Bluepoint would not be aware of this glitch as it is a very well known and popular glitch.

Since we're using this for general discussion as well until the game comes out (at least it seems that way lol) I thought I'd post that it seems they did not fix the blue water room glitch in Drake's Fortune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daH1YkhgGjs (found this while searching youtube earlier for stuff on the game).

This is a godsend because that part is just awful and would be a nightmare on Brutal lol. I guess they just didn't want to mess with the trigger for whatever reason. Either that or Naughty Dog mandated the games remain in the state they were on their last patch for PS3 (so for UC1 that would be 1.01, UC2 1.09, and whatever was the last important patch for UC3 single player).

Still, you'd think something like this would be fixed because it's clearly not intended by the developers and a simple mistake with how the game triggers the enemies to spawn in that room.

And I can't imagine ND and Bluepoint would not be aware of this glitch as it is a very well known and popular glitch.
I remember that I had finished Crushing back in 2010 without this glitch, because I didn't even know that it existed. I must have died at least 20 times back then.

I'm not that masochist anymore though, so I'll gladly take advantage of it, lol.

ps: SP glitches don't need fixing IMHO, unless they're game-breaking bugs (i.e. save file corruption). This isn't Competitive MP.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Just beat Crushing again on DF and I didn't have much trouble with the water room. Imo there are harder areas (like the
stand-off with Sully that ends with a couple of nade launchers coming in
). All things considered that Crushing run went really smooth, realized I still remembered most room layouts and enemy placements from back in the day. One lifesaver is the
hidden sniper rifle
in the first ch11 encounter

Anyway, posted this in another thread but it fits better here: yesterday I recorded about an hour of me trying out Brutal: here

Picked ch3 for the easier combat scenarios, so skip past the Uboat stuff. Made slow but steady progress til the first serious encounter in ch4. Took me about 20 minutes of suffering before calling it a day. It's way harder than Crushing as you can see. One clean hit can kill you and health recovery is much slower. Unlike TLOU's Grounded though, it isn't any fun. With Grounded I immediately saw myself beating it, with Brutal I just see a lot of frustration ahead.

Just finished the demo.

Wow. Um...

That was not as good as I remembered it.

Helicopter fight was awful too.
That's basically how I felt too. i was surprised at how bad it looks, we've come a lot further than I remembered graphically. This definitely isn't one of those "Looks how I remember" scenarios.

The IQ does look admittedly great but man, the textures and animations look so dated. Drake's face in particular to me looked pretty bad.

I probably just wasn't in the mood for it, but I really wasn't feeling the demo either. I remember 2 being one of my favorite games but it just felt kind of slow. Do some brain dead platforming, shoot a few guys, repeat.

All that said I loved the games at the time and ND is one of my favorite developers so I already know I'll own this at some point. I'll be waiting until it's cheap though, and I'll doubt I'll play it any time soon since I don't want to be burnt out for 4.

Maledict

Exactly my reaction. I'm sure I'll still pick it up,bbut I do *not* remember uncharted 2 looking that bad and it was one of my favourite games ever. Just goes to show how Naughty Dog managed to keep improving the best graphics around with The Last of Us I guess.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Has anyone tried to play Uncharted 2 on the PS3 recently? Does it feel "off" there too?

Nothing feels off. It actually feels much better than the original. And looks much better.

People haven't played the game in a while though and thier memory of the game is skewed, especially since gaming continues to evolve, and Uncharted 2 is an older title.

They've played TLoU, MGSV, etc since then.

This is definitely an amazing remaster in every way. A gold standard if you will.

But if you have a problem with playing an older Uncharted title in 2015, that problem won't be alienated by anything.

Shin-Ra

Beat the water room in Drake's Fortune on Crushing on my second attempt. Pretty much stayed in the corner you first drop in.

UDF still has the best music, characters, lush scenery and some of the platforming does actually feel like 'proper' platforming rather than transitional filler.

21738283990_18f1bd24c9_o.png

And you can still balance on one leg.

Killed two birds with one stone and did my DF hard playthrough as a speed run with doughnut Drake. 3 hours 14 seconds in total without any wall glitches/sequence breaks. The trophy for doing it in 2h30mins doesn't seem so difficult now, especially as you can do it on easy. I easily had over 45 mins worth of deaths in that run: chapters 4-9 and the last chapter were where I racked up most of them.

viHuGi

Banned
Nothing feels off. It actually feels much better than the original. And looks much better.

People haven't played the game in a while though and thier memory of the game is skewed, especially since gaming continues to evolve, and Uncharted 2 is an older title.

They've played TLoU, MGSV, etc since then.

This is definitely an amazing remaster in every way. A gold standard if you will.

But if you have a problem with playing an older Uncharted title in 2015, that problem won't be alienated by anything.

They should just wait for Uc4.

I think the game looks great, very detailed and can't wait for those snow chapters damn!

Harmen

I think the demo looks great and have no idea what people mean with floaty controls or dated gameplay.

Sure, what is presented in the demo doesn't look like the "how does this run on the PS3?!" marvel it was back when it released, but the semi-realistic graphical style along with the use of colours is rather timeless I think. And while technically dated, I love the organic and handcrafted feel of UC's graphics (2 and 3). There are unique details everywhere and the levels are designed beautifully. Same goes for the animations, there are games with better animations out there now, but I think they suit the semi-realistic style well.

Went back and did another run of the demo since my initial impressions were not the greatest and I liked it a bit more! I'm going to take another stab at it here in a bit messing with the sensitivity as some people have posted to see if that might be something that improves the experience for me

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Went back and did another run of the demo since my initial impressions were not the greatest and I liked it a bit more! I'm going to take another stab at it here in a bit messing with the sensitivity as some people have posted to see if that might be something that improves the experience for me

I'm surprised people need to take others' advice play with sensitivity. For the first half hour or so I play a game I'm constantly fiddling with the sensitivity to get it just right.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm near the end of U2 now and I didn't expect this but... I actually enjoyed Uncharted 1 more. Maybe it's because I remember more from U2 and U1 was a 'fresher' experience with the graphical update. Just the encounters alone felt better in U1. Playing these games in one go gives you a chance to compare, and what's really striking is that U2 has longer encounters with higher enemy counts. They also are more hectic and chaotic. For instance the village siege in ch20 is way over the top with enemies flooding everywhere. The volume is turned to 11 and I'm not sure that's a good thing. As a result I see myself taking a break more often than I did with DF. The bigger encounters in DF are also more memorable, like the church, water room, crash site standoff in ch4... Feels like this update was a great and much needed gift to Drake's Fortune, that game really shines now.

Harmen

Heh, wouldn't be surprised if UC2's reputation has an influence on how people will like the game now in comparison to the orginal and the third entry. At least for me, I don't see it as an coincidence that I frequently find myself liking "hated" games and being (slightly) dissapointed with the great classics. And that also goes for the one's I have actually played back in the day.

UC is often regarded as that "good but not so great beginnings" title and UC3 as "way worse than it's predecessor". In the end, all three games are quality and it probably heavily depends on one's preferences. I always thought UC2 was the most polished game with spot on pacing. I played UC3 the most, but that game does have a few noticable problems (story gaps and some lesser designed encounters at times). I recall UC1 being a bit too repetitive for me and also a tad too short on top of that.

It will be interesting how I will like the titles now. At least I am sure I will enjoy the heck out of all three games.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Heh, wouldn't be surprised if UC2's reputation has an influence on how people will like the game now in comparison to the orginal and the third entry. At least for me, I don't see it as an coincidence that I frequently find myself liking "hated" games and being (slightly) dissapointed with the great classics. And that also goes for the one's I have actually played back in the day.

UC is often regarded as that "good but not so great beginnings" title and UC3 as "way worse than it's predecessor". In the end, all three games are quality and it probably heavily depends on one's preferences. I always thought UC2 was the most polished game with spot on pacing. I played UC3 the most, but that game does have a few noticable problems (story gaps and some lesser designed encounters at times). I recall UC1 being a bit too repetitive for me and also a tad too short on top of that.

It will be interesting how I will like the titles now. At least I am sure I will enjoy the heck out of all three games.

It's the first time that I'm (re)playing these in succession, so it's interesting to see how one compares to the other. Whenever a new one came out, I never played the previous game to compare. In that regard, the difference between U1 and 2 is pretty big. Not talking about the more 'rollercoaster' direction of U2 in general, but the encounters in U2 feel a bit too drawn out and overly long sometimes. I didn't expect the original to shine as much as it does now. I'm already loving this collection because of that: Bluepoint gave DF that polish it sorely needed. I'm really curious what my replay of U3 will bring. It was always my least favorite of the trilogy, maybe that'll change as well!

Loudninja

Yeah people should do this.

Elitist1945

Ugh Drake's Fortune looks so good :')

So excited to play my all time favorite Uncharted again. So many good memories. Such a feel good game.

Top Bottom