• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Under Night In-birth Exe:Late |OT| Under Night In-America

Essay

From the way it's worded, it doesn't sound like the person teching loses any GRD, just gives the other guy some GRD. I won't be able to check myself until sometime next week ( ._.)

I just had a look at this. Quick-standing doesn't seem to directly give GRD, but it inches the screen back slightly, which gives the attacker GRD unless his/her back is to the corner. This is nothing like back-rolling, where the roller loses a set chunk of GRD and unfavourably shifts the screen positioning, usually giving the opponent GRD in the process.

Side note: Contrary to my initial belief, back-rolling when out of GRD doesn't give your opponent GRD in and of itself when cornered, but the opponent will be building steady GRD anyway for holding you to the corner.

El Sloth

Banned
Anyone wanna play some quick games?

I just had a look at this. Quick-standing doesn't seem to directly give GRD, but it inches the screen back slightly, which gives the attacker GRD unless his/her back is to the corner. This is nothing like back-rolling, where the roller loses a set chunk of GRD and unfavourably shifts the screen positioning, usually giving the opponent GRD in the process.

Side note: Contrary to my initial belief, back-rolling when out of GRD doesn't give your opponent GRD in and of itself when cornered, but the opponent will be building steady GRD anyway for holding you to the corner.
Hadn't seen this until now. Really interesting, thanks for taking the time to actually test it out.

Yuuichi

I didn't realize it was gonna have cross region play, time to clown some fools with my 35% wr vatista.

I won't feel bad about it because I won't be able to feel my hands after three days anyway.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Mine just shipped. It is the first time playing for me and online will probably be filled with JP players or people who imparted. RIP me.

Kumubou

lolol I forgot to pre-order this, thanks Dahbomb. (That and I already have a physical JP copy.)

Looking forward to playing some people from around here tomorrow, hopefully the netplay isn't too rage-inducing (of course it will be).

Oh shit this is already releasing tomorrow?

...Well it's not like it makes a difference to me. Not because I already have the JP digital, but because if stores here didn't even get Xrd what chance is there for me to find UNIEL physical :|

thundr51

Anybody know if this will have any dlc? When the Jp version released there were screen shots of an Orie with wings. Otherwise might just stick with my jp copy.

Anybody know if this will have any dlc? When the Jp version released there were screen shots of an Orie with wings. Otherwise might just stick with my jp copy.

Yes, they've announced a few DLC costumes on the way.
ss_kakinori.jpg

ss_impactaa.jpg

ss_kakinvatwin.jpg

banner_bustup.jpg

Video of some of the new outfits you'll be able to buy.

It was their April Fool's joke.

Rhapsody

Banned
That fake Senran Kagura DLC seemed cool.

Also I hope people play this game again. Too bad I suck now after trying to devote time to showing what Nanase can do lol

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
No DLC. Even if they wanted to have DLC, French Bread doesn't have the time and resources for it lol

This is something I've never known since the Melty days. With French Bread and Ecole who does what? Like they completely co-authored Melty, UNIEL, and DBFC or does it happen on a game-by-game basis?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Gonna eat this game for brefast, then maybe we can get a future melty localized. Wanna play as Arc so bad

colinp

Banned
Is there no domestic OT?

Thinking of picking this up but I've got a lot on my plate as is. Still, how can I say no to a new 2D fighter?

Tizoc

What's the size of the game on PSN?
I'll wait and see if my local shop can get this game so I can trade in a few games for it XO

vg260

Looks like it's only $23.79 with PS Plus discount. Was on the fence, but I'll bite for that price.

What's the size of the game on PSN?
I'll wait and see if my local shop can get this game so I can trade in a few games for it XO
2.1GB

vg260

I have no idea what I'm doing with this game. Not a big fan of the presentation so far, but everyone raves about the game play, so hopefully it doesn't take long without a proper tutorial. Total impulse buy. Hope I don't regret it.

Kumubou

I have no idea what I'm doing with this game. Not a big fan of the presentation so far, but everyone raves about the game play, so hopefully it doesn't take long without a proper tutorial. Total impulse buy. Hope I don't regret it.
If you're down for watching some subbed footage, there's a translated version of French Bread's system guide on YouTube (and here's part two of that). If you want something even more in-depth, a bunch of LesiureLand Akibahara's top players did a UNIEL Beginner's Workshop last summer, which was recorded and subbed.

Why they didn't do an English version of French Bread's guide, I'll never know.

These were also in the OT. :x

vg260

Thanks. That will be helpful. I started reading the OP but got antsy wanting to just play something. I'll check those out later and just spaz for now

This game is super fun but I need to get used to the whole reverse gatling business. I really like Merkava and I keep forgetting I can just hit 5A after a blocked 5BB > 5C to make it safer.

Rhapsody

Banned
This game is super fun but I need to get used to the whole reverse gatling business. I really like Merkava and I keep forgetting I can just hit 5A after a blocked 5BB > 5C to make it safer.

Once you get it, it's so cool. It makes the pressure game so much more fun than other games.

Top Bottom