• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Under Night In-birth Exe:Late |OT| Under Night In-America

Solune

I've updated the OP with some recent information. The most important being the Release week discount on PS+ for the digital version on the NA store.

Make sure to take advantage of it while you can.

If a European would like to pass me links for where to order in that region feel free to PM, I don't look at threads often so It's likely I will miss it if it's simply posted here.

I also took Uraizen's suggestion, so if you need tutorials or quick glances for characters movement and combos, just click on the portrait of the character you want and it will take you to the official French Bread tutorials that have been subbed.

Tizoc

I got the game for $24 which i thinkw as a price erorr.

OK I like the game but it took me a while to figure out that the gauge being 100% or more will make my next C Special an EX move, why not just make the D button be the EX move since...that consumes the gauge anyways lol.

Will watch the tutorials in the first page later, for now I'll mess with Merkava and Waldo. Akatsuki seems OK, but how do I cancel his Cr. C>Fwd+C into specials etc.?

BTW can someone link to the twitter account for one of French Bread's team members? I recall tweeting them about interest in a PC ver. and I'd gladly double dip for a Steam ver.

OK I like the game but it took me a while to figure out that the gauge being 100% or more will make my next C Special an EX move, why not just make the D button be the EX move since...that consumes the gauge anyways lol.

There are no C specials, doing a special with C while you have less than 100 meter is only doing the B version.

Tizoc

Ah OK then, gonna watch some combo vids, I like maybe a little over half the cast, some are just plain dull to me. Nanase is the lamest of the cast though.
Forgot to try out Chaos but isn't he like Bottom tier?

Anne

Ah OK then, gonna watch some combo vids, I like maybe a little over half the cast, some are just plain dull to me. Nanase is the lamest of the cast though.
Forgot to try out Chaos but isn't he like Bottom tier?

Chaos is last, with Akatsuki right above him. They're both considered to be non-viable.

NEO0MJ

Chaos is last, with Akatsuki right above him. They're both considered to be non-viable.

I feel it's pretty strange to have non-viable cast members these days. I mean, in most games it's just a struggle but they way people talk about these two makes them look worse than Dan.

Anne

I feel it's pretty strange to have non-viable cast members these days. I mean, in most games it's just a struggle but they way people talk about these two makes them look worse than Dan.

Because they are worse than Dan. Notably worse. Like I really hate to beat a dead horse and discourage new players who just wanna have fun, but this is a case where those two characters really are just exceptionally awful and don't even work in context of the game. Well, Akatsuki kind of functions but his options are so poor he loses in so many situations you might be just not playing the game. Chaos just doesn't function as a character.

I don't know why, but I'm really looking forward to this game. I'm not normally a fan of 2D fighters, but I think that the art and soundtrack in this game are both beautiful.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know why, but I'm really looking forward to this game. I'm not normally a fan of 2D fighters, but I think that the art and soundtrack in this game are both beautiful.
For me it's this. I even bought it on itunes.

I heard Chaos was low, but I had no idea Akatsuki was also considered low. .___.

Not that it matters to me since I always like playing low tiers....usually.

Was going to get a physical copy but $24 for digital is really hard to beat.

Thanks for the heads up on the sale I never would have known otherwise.

galvatron

So, am I just out of luck on getting this digitally for $24?

$10 extra makes me want to either pass or track down a disc since I'm already running low on HDD space and don't have a ton of time on my hands anyway...

EDIT: "pre-ordered" at best buy with GCU discount

LegatoB

"Akatsuki has damage! He just has a little trouble getting in!"

The cry of bottom-tier character players in anime games all over the world.

levelplane

Neo Member
Just started playing. Wow, really cool so far. The music is top notch and the sprites/characters are great. Seems pretty easy to pull off combos. Good first impressions.

I ordered UNIEL yesterday. I realised I really wanted it when it came out and I remember saying I'd wait until it is in English. Should come today.

Kaibutsu

I wonder if they'll fix the price. Still showing up as $33.99. Has anyone tried to contact Sony about this?

edit: just got off of chat support apparently the price is supposed to be $33.99 not $23.79 so I guess i'm not buying this afterall. Also just got a response from the AskPlaystation twitter account and yep, the discounted price is supposed to be $33.99 so they stealth edited it. May want to change the OP to reflect that

Just started playing. Wow, really cool so far. The music is top notch and the sprites/characters are great. Seems pretty easy to pull off combos. Good first impressions.

Yeah I only got to play Melty Blood once but I'm super impressed by this game. The mechanics, like Chain Shift and Veil Off, are really well done. I'm having a lot of fun.

Solune

Aksys twitter account replied to someone that they are looking into it and only the regular discount is live at the moment. Don't know why they would advertise a PS+ discount and not follow through.

From what I've heard its not only UNIEL but also other PS+ discounts though. I'll try to keep on the lookout.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Is the online cross-region?
I have the import, and didn't know if double-dipping would be worth it.

People in Dustloop said the online is cross-region.

No yuzu psn avatar is a sin though. Glad to see people enjoying the us release

French Bread is hella poverty, I assume even putting those up for sale cost some cash.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
This game may be rough around the edges lacking a proper tutorial or even a decent story mode, but it's a 10/10 in my book only because of making intros unskippable during online matches. I hate when people mash X at the beginning of a match which brings the lag through the roof at the beginning. I fucking hate that.

i-Jest

I wonder if they'll fix the price. Still showing up as $33.99. Has anyone tried to contact Sony about this?

edit: just got off of chat support apparently the price is supposed to be $33.99 not $23.79 so I guess i'm not buying this afterall. Also just got a response from the AskPlaystation twitter account and yep, the discounted price is supposed to be $33.99 so they stealth edited it. May want to change the OP to reflect that

I guess those that bought it with the $23.79 in effect got a real deal then.

Damn. Was going to buy it tonight but I guess not anymore. I shouldn't have waited... :(

Guess I'll just get a physical copy with my GCU.

Respawn

Banned
Damn just saw this gem in my gmail. Going to check it out on the store to purchase. Looks damn awesome.
Damn. Was going to buy it tonight but I guess not anymore. I shouldn't have waited... :(

Guess I'll just get a physical copy with my GCU.

Support he damn devs jeez. $33 for a great f'ing game and people are bitchin.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone want to play today sometime? I'm a bit sick so I'm available pretty much all day.

PSN: Jotamide

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
DaTchwI.jpg

If you had told me that I would spend more time playing this than Guilty Gear Xrd in 2015, I would have not believed you. Yet here we are. :D

Ramune

Thanks for reminding me this was released! I need to support French Bread's releases in the west and yet another reason to get my PS3 rejuvenated at some point or get a new one....

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Was thinking of picking this up (just found out about it). Do folks still play online?
Not as many, around 3 lobbies with people at any given time of the week. Mind you, this was what I saw around 2 weeks ago.

MrDoctor

Does GAF still play this game? Got back to it after Bloodborne and now the online is dead. Add MysteriousMrX if you're newish/intermediate or can help someone new.

Kumubou

Does GAF still play this game? Got back to it after Bloodborne and now the online is dead. Add MysteriousMrX if you're newish/intermediate or can help someone new.
There's still a few people that play -- we actually had a lobby going earlier tonight. However, discussion for those games usually happens in the Fighting Games Weekly thread, at this point.

Top Bottom