• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
I'm sure Cersei will want a lot more than just Ellarias head, will likely be all out war with them.

There are only so many Lannister soldiers to dole out punishment this season.

They have to kill the sparrows, break a siege, kill the Starks, and get revenge for Myrcella.

Only two of these four things is happening this season.

Speevy

Banned
A lot in Season 5 made no sense. Anything can happen.

Huge spoilers

The way I'm hearing the Winterfell battle described sounds amazing. Assuming it didn't come from GRRM's head, it might be the first piece of original content that is better than what's in the books. Of course, it gets bonus points for leading to Ramsay's demise.

LSH would make no sense at this point.
I'm not sure she ever made sense to put into the TV show. Of all the things to complain about, this is near the bottom of them. I love when people argue that Stoneheart is supposed to be some sort of positive, uplifting thing that they cut out, which kind of misses the entire point of her character in the books.

bitbydeath

There are only so many Lannister soldiers to dole out punishment this season.

They have to kill the sparrows, break a siege, kill the Starks, and get revenge for Myrcella.

Only two of these four things is happening this season.

Just send Robert Strong in to wipe them all out.

Puppen

Banned
Huge spoilers

The way I'm hearing the Winterfell battle described sounds amazing. Assuming it didn't come from GRRM's head, it might be the first piece of original content that is better than what's in the books. Of course, it gets bonus points for leading to Ramsay's demise.

I thought that was already over and Stannis is dead, though.

That would literally be the shittest thing ever.

No it wouldn't. It would make a lot of sense to have Sansa take her own revenge upon those who've wronged her family, just not to the same extent that LSH went to.

I'm glad they didn't include that character, as she started a precedent of several future characters being pretend dead and then coming back, which really cheapened the next two books for me.

Speevy

Banned
Oh that's kind of cool. Is the idea that Sansa leads them, and they're bringing in Manderly to kind of rejigger the Theon plot in DwD?

If you're really wondering, the Stark loyalists are those you see riding with Davos and Tormund in the new trailer. It also includes wildlings. Apparently the Boltons do that deal like in Braveheart when Longshanks beats William Wallace, then form a shield circle around them. They're trapped behind a wall of dead bodies and are being slaughtered as they try to move forward or escape. Sansa and Littlefinger ride in and fuck the Boltons up, leaving Ramsay scrambling back to Winterfell where Jon beats him to death.

Puppen

Banned
If you're really wondering, the Stark loyalists are those you see riding with Davos and Tormund in the new trailer. It also includes wildlings. Apparently the Boltons do that deal like in Braveheart when Longshanks beats William Wallace, then form a shield circle around them. They're trapped behind a wall of dead bodies and are being slaughtered as they try to move forward or escape. Sansa and Littlefinger ride in and fuck the Boltons up, leaving Ramsay scrambling back to Winterfell where Jon beats him to death.

Rad. I'm in. I don't think anything even remotely like this will happen in the books, though.

Pennywise

Huge spoilers

Do we have ANY piece of the Winterfell battle by GRRM yet ? I mean it sounds decent, but as long as we don't have a comparsion it's rather unfair to say that the show has the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom