• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreal Engine 4.16 released, support for Switch now fully-featured, XB1 now on DX12

Dremorak

Banned
You can explain without being rude, this forum was considered the best because we can have discussion without being jerks to each other.

Times are a changing, I will see myself out of this thread.

tumblr_lu3whtrzYr1qby2i8o1_250.gif

I enjoyed UE3 back in the PS3/360 days (although it usually sucked ass on PS3) but I enjoy UE4 even more this gen. Apart from one or two titles, last gen saw a load of UE3 games having that same 'look'... UE4 is a different story. So many different games and they all look unique.

True Fire

Does it mean that any game built under Unreal Engine 4 can actually run on the Switch with the proper downgrades in place?

Saying that any game built under UE4 can run on Switch is a huuuuuge mischaracterization. You can run The Witcher 3 on a potato, but there's a limit to what downgrades publishers will accept.

Symbiotx

Psh, you mention xbox and switch... but you left off the PSVR stuff, what the hell?! :p

New: Social Screens for PlayStation VR (Early Access Preview)
PSVR Social Screen preview provides support for Social Screen separate mode, where the the Monitor and HMD display different things.

This preview supports 30fps Social Screen output, and switching between several output modes. The following sample modes are implemented:
SystemMirror (this is the default mirror mode that has always existed).
SeparateTest (simply alternates between black and white on the social screen).
SeparateTexture (displays a blueprint specified texture, for example a render target beting written to by a scene capture component).
SeparateMirror (displays the full vr render buffer)
Future work will include optimization, a multi-platform interface to these features, possibly support for 60fps mode (which requires system dialogs to resolve conflicts with certain system features).

The new PSVR project setting bEnableSocialScreenSeparateMode must be set to true to use this feature. When that is true additional screen buffers will be allocated for the social screen. Blueprint functions for controlling the feature can be found by searching for 'SocialScreen'.

Lots of general VR stuff too.

Top Bottom