• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unseen 64: Nintendo's Project H.A.M.M.E.R: The Untold Story

Describing the main character as "part man...part machine...all medicore", ouch.

Wonder if Silver Ant (GC company that did the cutscenese for this and Mario vs. DK 2) erasing Nintendo from their history following questioning by Tamaki says all we need to know here about that side of things...

[*]Katsuhiko Kanno was the first director of the game and he allegedly was one of the major causes of tension between Western staff and NCL staff. He was apparently kicked back to NCL after Mario Clock DS as a form of punishment.
It beats being a cleaner or a security guard, doesn't it?

L Thammy

I don't think creating the story first is the problem, it's creating CG cutscenes too early. Those are expensive and they're hard to change. Miyamoto has noted before that he prefers gameplay cutscenes for entirely those reason.

It's not common, but there are some Nintendo games that are story first. The Mother series and Pandora's Tower come to mind.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Even the Wii Crush proposed revival sounds awful to be honest. Just plastering the Mii aesthetic on everything wouldn't work. I imagine something closer to the DMC/Bayonetta style of Brawler would have been better, considering it was narrative-focused and centred on only one character.

edit: also could we get an update to the title to let people know there's another video? It took me forever to find the thread

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
I don't think creating the story first is the problem, it's creating CG cutscenes too early. Those are expensive and they're hard to change. Miyamoto has noted before that he prefers gameplay cutscenes for entirely those reason.

It's not common, but there are some Nintendo games that are story first. The Mother series and Pandora's Tower come to mind.

During the Famicom Disk era, Nintendo's internal teams did a bunch of those text-story adventure games.

Top Bottom