• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn new previews and gameplay

ThankeeSai

Looking forward to this, watched the IGN reactions video earlier and it looked great. Wife is a horror nut and loves story driven games like Heavy Rain so this looks perfect for her too

Got a party with a few friends in a couple of weeks so might bust it out then too

Yep, one of the reasons I'm picking it up, too.

Any word on game length?

Cool, thanks.

Your welcome, he also said in the same interview there are hundreds of possible outcomes at the end. Even if this is PR speak it still sounds like it will be worth a few playthroughs.

I think this game will live or die on reviews more than most. As its not your traditional full price game I would think a lot of people are waiting for reviews to hit before they pick it up.

WITHE1982

The games producer said one play through will be around 9 hours.

Got this pre-ordered and TBH part of the appeal is the length and possibility of multiple play-throughs.

I'm getting a bit overloaded with 40-100h RPGs so this will be a much welcomed change of pace. If it's anywhere near as good as Heavy Rain (yes I like it) I'll be very happy.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
The close ups are pretty impressive and almost as good as L.A. Noire in terms of muscle movement, close ups not as impressive as UC4 visually but overall it's looking good.

Does remind me of heavy rain, which l actually enjoyed. Bit of QTE with some freedom to move around here and there and what appears to be dynamic story. Looking like there could be some replay value here.

Will await the reviews.

Does it still support the Move? How is movement handled then: Dualshock/nav on the other hand?
Playing with the Move must be fun =]

kyser73

I often hear, from gamers and critics, that it was a "bad game". Not that it has ANYTHING to do with Until Dawn, but would you list some reasons why it was so bad?

I'll give my view and hopefully recieve a response - when I think of a "bad game", I imagine that it's....

- broken (The Order was not)
- visually unappealing (especially relative to the pre-release hype it may have recieved - The Order had no issue there)
- not fun/boring (personal taste and I understand that plenty of people didn't enjoy the game-play)
- doesn't deliver what was promised (again, personal preference, as The Order gave me the EXACT experience I was expecting)
- too short (this is probably my only gripe with it, but not simply because it was short, it's because I wanted more - which is always a good thing).

Your move.

The problem with The Order was that the place it needed to be strongest - story - was in fact its weakest link. There were individual chapters I thought were great, and the characters were generally well drawn, but it didn't come together as a coherent game.

On a personal level I found the largely static, museum-exhibit environments the most annoying thing of all - I was in this truly gorgeous game world and the most I could interact with it was to knock the occasional bottle over.

driver116

Looking forward to this, watched the IGN reactions video earlier and it looked great. Wife is a horror nut and loves story driven games like Heavy Rain so this looks perfect for her too

Got a party with a few friends in a couple of weeks so might bust it out then too

Pretty much.

Top Bottom