• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

Takao

Banned
No release dates, some of the Japanese ones won't come over, and most of those games will get no advertising so they will be forgotten or people will never know they existed. It's like when another game gets greenlit on Steam or releases on the IOS appstore/Google playstore and ends up getting lost in the sea of other games.

This thread isn't meant to be an argument as to why Vita's sales are going to take off, because they aren't. This is a thread listing a bunch of games that are coming to the platform. Market conditions should have 0 bearing on your enjoyment of a game.

Silky

Banned
And even then has more sense than "I hate indies", because anime still have common features(i.e. aesthethics), while you can easily pick two indies with not a single common feature.

For instance, Hotline Miami and Joe Danger.

Those two games have shitty controls and great music
Kappa

Xav

I know indie games are the internet darling these days but I'm not really feeling these. Most of them look like games I'll play for 15 minutes and be done with them.

Portstation Vita combined with some anime shovel ware = meh.

Oddworld New n Tasty, Hotline Miami 2 and Shantae: Half Genie Hero should be great. Whether I play those on my Vita or console I'm not sure yet, I guess it's nice to have the option none the less.

Oersted

It's a list of games. He's not cherry picking games to celebrate, he's showing you all the games he knows that are coming and it's over 150 games. Some good, some bad, some really bad. Not sure how that changes the intent of the OP. Do you want him to cull that game list down to a subjective list of games he thinks will be good and leave the rest off?

He is picking all those games to celebrate Vita and well, to advertize it.

As a Vita fan however, I am astonished by the quality, variety and number of upcoming titles for the system. Even though a large number of the titles appear on other consoles, mainly PC, the draw of playing them on your Vita is lovely.

And well, my humble opinion is that a couple of those games are the bottom of the bottom, the worst of the worst, or short blatantly sexist. I wouldn't feature such games in an attempt to celebrate a console. Especially not in a "Please look forward to"- way.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
My main problem with remote play is the fact that I want my PS4 experience to be a latency-free 1080p experience at 5.1 surround sound. Not a tiny screen 2 channel input latency experience. So even if the input lag didn't bother me, I'm still getting a cut down experience on my $60 PS4 game. I guess for a grindy game or game I'll keep playing like Diablo 3 or something similar, it might be an adequate experience when not near my PS4. But for a game I'm likely to play through only once? I want to experience that the best way possible.

Yeah I have a bit of that too. So I go back and forth over getting a PS TV for the old 720p set or just paying more to get cable in there too so the fiancé can use that room.

5.1 isn't a big deal as if she was using that TV it's in the next room so I'd be using my headset instead of the surround set up anyway as she really only watches TV while working.

BigDug13

I know indie games are the internet darling these days but I'm not really feeling these. Most of them look like games I'll play for 15 minutes and be done with them.

Oddworld New n Tasty, Hotline Miami 2 and Shantae: Half Genie Hero should be great. Whether I play those on my Vita or console I'm not sure yet, I guess it's nice to have the option none the less.

Why not play them on both? With lots of games coming that are cross-buy and cross-save, yeah the Vita is quite the port machine, but if you're a PS4 owner, it becomes a "one purchase for both" machine for many of these games.

Rogue Legacy is a prime example in 10 days.

He is picking all those games to celebrate Vita and well, to advertize it.

And well, my humble opinion is that a couple of those games are the bottom of the bottom, the worst of the worst, or short blatantly sexist. I wouldn't feature such games in an attempt to celebrate a console. Especially not in a "Please look forward to"- way.

It's a list of Vita games. I am pretty sure OP is not celebrating Criminal Girls in any way.

Silky

Banned

You obviously have no intention to take the console seriously with this comment. Why are you even here if you can't accept the legitimacy of this lineup for people who actually own a Vita? The same owners who have probably never played these games?

Put away your own bias and look from a different perspective.

TP

OP you missed IA/VT COLORFUL

TpwQfBH.jpg

http://youtu.be/RdDfVXdDJWU

At least it was already mentioned in the thread
dont see too many people talking about it

Valkyria

Banned
Thanks OP for the hard work. I consideres I knew pretty much a lot about Vita lineup, but there are several games that I discovered thanks to you. Whay I like the most is how many "indies" are getting close to the PSX era mid tier games.

And of course a Vita thread and the very same people pushing their agendas.

OP you missed IA/VT COLORFUL

TpwQfBH.jpg

http://youtu.be/RdDfVXdDJWU

At least it was already mentioned in the thread
dont see too many people talking about it

I did a preorder but it was delayed till fall. Looking forward to it too.

Blastoise

Banned
I love my vita, and want it to succeed. But, yeah, a large majority of these games dont excite me. Some of them I wouldnt even download with PS+.

VLiberty

Here's the keyword: look

Olliolli looked like a crappy 8 bit mobile endless runner. The real game is a skill based runner/platformer with deep mechanics and great level design.

Velocity looks like a stupid mobile game. Then you play it and you find out one of the finest dd games of the recent years and an incredibly smart mixture of shmup and puzzles.

Those are the first that came to mind.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The list is not even complete!
It lacks at least:

Destroyer Trillion(from Disgaea and ZHP guys)
destroyer_trillion-2490140.jpg

Judas Code(from Tri-Ace)
Judas-Code_Fami-shot_07-16-14_002.jpg

Lost Dimension
Lost-Dimension_2014_05-30-14_003.jpg

Irregular at Magic High School Out Of Order
The-Irregular-at-Magic-High-School-Out-of-Order_2014_07-10-14_004.jpg

and probably others!

Zoibie

As much as I'm looking forward to a lot of games on there, a lack of FTL on that list still bums me out. I mean, understand why it can't be done, or at least why it isn't as simple as it might seem, but having it available on something a bit more portable than an Ipad would be bliss.

BigDug13

As much as I'm looking forward to a lot of games on there, a lack of FTL on that list still bums me out. I mean, understand why it can't be done, or at least why it isn't as simple as it might seem, but having it available on something a bit more portable than an Ipad would be bliss.

I find my iPad mini to be more portable than my Vita, especially with the magnetic closing cover. But yeah that game would be nice on Vita. (Though I would still play it on my ipad)

Moobabe

Yeah, I think they said they worried the screen would be too small. I agree - still a shame though

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
If i can i would suggest to put on the top of the list all the non-indie games, so at least there will be less people saying that Vita has only indiez.

But i guess that some people are not here to see the list in any case.

After playing through Persona 3 and 4 for the first time this year, I cannot wait to get my hands on Dancing All Night. A rythym game with Persona music sounds like heaven.

Moobabe

If i can i would suggest to put on the top of the list all the non-indie games, so at least there will be less people saying that Vita has only indiez.

Games are games - pandering to that attitude by segregating the list is a horrible idea

Faustek

For me personally, I play a ton of games on PC, and I usually hear about indies on PC long before they get a Vita announcement. Rogue Legacy, for example, I ended up buying in a Steam sale not long after they announced the Vita/PS3 version because I'd been waiting to play it and the price was right. This was eight months ago.

The only indie I bought specifically on Vita was Spelunky, because people said it was the best version of the game. But then people streaming Spelunky took off, especially the daily challenges, and guess what: you can't play along with the daily challenges on Vita because they're different from PC. So I never really played Spelunky that much, since it turns out I'm really awful at it. I keep meaning to go back but I'm at my PC a lot, and it's more natural for me to fire up a game on Steam than it is to grab my Vita.

The main appeal of the Vita to me is that it's like a portable Steam machine with games you can't get on Steam. Which means any games you CAN find on Steam don't really appeal to me, because duh, I have Steam for that.

It is :D

Don't worry, I suck balls at Spelunky as well. To prove it...here are my Vita stats :D

I'm not even ashamed. The game is fun.

ohh definitely not. There are always people that will drive by just to shit on something. It happens, you learn to ignore it. Some even have the best intentions, being funny but that often isn't the case.

FTF

Some of these games look really great. I wish I had more time (and disposable income) to play all the games I'd like to play :/

Valkyria

Banned

But those other games are: otaku, japanese, offensive, a crime against humanity, boring...

Kasper

I thought I was more or less updated on everything the Vita has to offer going forward, but there were quite a few titles I had overlooked in there. Thanks for the thread!

Hopefully Corpse Party: Blood Drive will get an English release. Other than that I'm definitely getting all things Danganronpa, Persona 4: DAN, Grim Fandango remastered, World End Economica, Titan Souls, The Swapper, Velocity 2X, Hyper Light Drifter, Helldivers and probably Cosmic Star Heroine.

I'm very surprised about the amount of games coming out, especially with all the talk about the Vita being dead.

That being said, I came in here looking for a new Patapon and I was disappointed :(

I still think Outland would be great on Vita too.

Tagyhag

Great thread! I am disappointed at the Vita's lack of market share, power, and "AAA" library, especially since the machine itself is solid, but there's still lots of games to try out, even if I'm double dipping on most of them. :p

Currently waiting for Minecraft, Freedom Wars, Rogue Legacy, Risk of Rain, P4 Dancing, and Toukiden Kimawi.

Also, can someone tell Sony to get off their butts and give us better sales on NA PSN? T_T

Raw64life

I'm only interested in games that are either Vita exclusive (and that as someone living in the west, will actually be able to play), or the best version of it is on Vita. I would imagine that would reduce the list quite significantly. I bought a Vita almost a year ago and have used it for nothing other than what I get free with PS+.

Vita is becoming exactly what I wanted: an indie/obscure japanese games machine! I don't need AAA on a portable system.

Can I pick up Disgaia 4 without having played any other game from the series? I always wanted to try them, love the design and tactical rpg's! But I don't know if each episode is a direct sequel of the precedent one, story wise.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Games are games - pandering to that attitude by segregating the list is a horrible idea

While i sort of agree, giving an explicit or implicit order to elements is how every good list work, there's always an order, from bigger to smaller, to most hyped to least hyped etc, people judge the list and people always expect to see the "best" at the beginning or at the end, many people don't even bother looking at the entire list, if people see something interesting they keep on scrolling the list and maybe learn what Vita has, if not they click on "post reply" and write "Vita haz only indiez".

Asking how many multi are there means that you don't know those games, don't have them and you don't know if they are on other platforms.
So if you are not here to troll or to make console war then why bothering if games you don't even know are on other platforms?

Huh? That isn't my intent at all. I was just honestly curious. I don't understand why you felt the need to be so defensive about my question.

A lot are handheld exclusive. There's very little overlap with the 3DS for sure.

Ok, but how about PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Wii U. How many of these games can be found there? I ask because, of they were available in a larger format where I could play on my 50", I would play then there, but if they are only available on Vita, then I would get them there!

Faustek

But only 3 that I'm actually interested in (OreShika 2, Freedom Wars and Danganronpa).

Dat Magic Knight Rayearth (Saturn) vibe.

If it wasn't for the creepy content I would be all over that...Now it'll sit sealed in a corner until the perverts rule the world and I can sell it :)

AmanoBuff

Amazing thread OP. Subbed for future reference.

And that list doesn't even mention all the great PSP and PSone classics you can play on Vita. Finished a run of FFIX and RE3 just a few days ago and both look glorious on that
OLED
screen.

And the list is going to get a lot bigger in the next few months with Gamescom and TGS coming up.

Top Bottom