• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Updated numbers show PS4 selling twice as much as XB1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Banned
After the article critics they really did a accurate job now.

PS. I'm reading yet but the graphs is way better this time.

rokkerkory

First, well-deserved PS4 / Sony. They focused on what gamers wanted first a gamer's machine.

Second, this means aggressive pricing MS and Nintendo machines. :D :D

Love the Fall X1 US bundles and pricing. They should do that worldwide however to have a bigger impact. MS licking it's wounds right now and making it ripe for me to jump in.

DC R1D3R

Banned
Yup. I have no sympathy for MS. They shuttered all non-Kinect projects that weren't Halo and Forza in the previous gen and this gen they opted to target TV audiences in the age of cord cutters. They pain is well deserved.

the only thing MS can hope for imv is that the remaining xbox360 gamers transition over to X1 and not PS4! otherwise they'll have lost all forms of traction and all their had work over the years will all be for nothing. like blackberry!

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Yeah, I expect Microsoft to have a really strong holiday and they truly deserve it. The X1 deals are just fantastic, and they've put out a strong selection of games for the holidays.
I really think the X1 is going to start picking up steam.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Do you guys not realize that he's trolling PS4 fanboy's?

They were bragging about Madden selling more on the PS4 in the August NPD thread while disregarding the XB1 Madden bundle:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=893306

Now these same exact people are factoring in the Destiny bundle.
The same exact people, huh. That's pretty specific.

You'd have to be extremely sure of yourself to be that specific. So sure, in fact, that you have those names already cross-referenced to back up such a specific statement.

So let's have that list. I'm feeling generous, so I'll give you a couple of hours. Toodles!

theWB27

Great for you. But the intentions were there and that's all that matters to me, i won't forgive them... ever.

Cool. Doesn't make any of the other two more worthy, because they too have made mistakes. You're free to choose who you battlecry against...I think it's silly on an extreme level.

crazyprac

Destiny selling a lot more on Xbox One.
Despite the double digit millions Sony invested in the title.

Just throwing that stat out there for fun.
Console hardware sales don't always tell the full story for the industry as a whole.

Just talking about US for now

Don't know if you're trolling or not -_-; Or if that has to do with anything with the OP. Just for fun...

The US has not been helping them. They're getting outsold there too, just not to the completely laughable degrees that they are in the rest of the world.

I know. I'm expecting them to go all in on US if the early price drop is any indication. I think Sony will still win this fall in US but only by around 10-20%. Obviously Sony is still going to kill them worldwide. My guess on consoles shipped this fall will be 6 million for PS4 vs 4.2 million for Xbox One.

You'd have to be extremely sure of yourself to be that specific. So sure, in fact, that you have those names already cross-referenced to back up such a specific statement.

So let's have that list. I'm feeling generous, so I'll give you a couple of hours. Toodles!
tick tock
tumblr_mcf32nnOyE1rdgvdoo1_500.gif

gif would be better with bishface

bish delivers again.

disgunbgood

Jomjom

Banned

Damn I hope the guy saw my reply to his post earlier and started cross-referencing back then already. Good luck guy!

Wynnebeck

Banned

theviolenthero's at his desk now like:

tumblr_miumm1SOBh1s0l4jxo1_500.gif

Idba

Do you guys not realize that he's trolling PS4 fanboy's?

They were bragging about Madden selling more on the PS4 in the August NPD thread while disregarding the XB1 Madden bundle:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=893306

Now these same exact people are factoring in the Destiny bundle.

From Sony (august) :

· PlayStation led the month for next generation software with Madden NFL 15 for PS4 taking the #1 spot for overall software sales.

· Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition and Madden NFL 15 had their strongest sales on PS4 and were the biggest third party releases of the month.

From Sony (September) :

In addition, the PS4 sold more copies of every EA Sports game released last month than any other system and was the largest console for Destiny.

While for both those months MS didnt say jack shit about any sales and promoted their third party lineup for the holiday instead.

Upinsmoke

Amazing how well it's doing. I mean if you were to look at how the scare mongering is with ps4 right now. no good games, just remasters, online is broke and it's more expensive than the competition. Imagine when they drop the price and get good games and a stable network!

Jomjom

Banned
Amazing how well it's doing. I mean if you were to look at how the scare mongering is with ps4 right now. no good games, just remasters, online is broke and it's more expensive than the competition. Imagine when they drop the price and get good games and a stable network!

I don't think they will ever really have a stable network. The other two are certainly achievable though.

Currently amazon hourly charts have shown both ac and cod x1 bundles ahead of PS4 for the past 2 days. considering AC Unity doesn't release for another 3 weeks, things are looking up for the X1 for November NPDs. Whether that translates to the rest of the world is another story.

Biker19

Banned
From the same guy who told us to not read too much into the early PS4 sales.

Which is very ironic, LOL.

Destiny selling a lot more on Xbox One.
Despite the double digit millions Sony invested in the title.

Just throwing that stat out there for fun.
Console hardware sales don't always tell the full story for the industry as a whole.

Just talking about US for now

Your tag certainly fits you.

Jomjom

Banned
Currently amazon hourly charts have shown both ac and cod x1 bundles ahead of PS4 for the past 2 days. considering AC Unity doesn't release for another 3 weeks, things are looking up for the X1 for November NPDs. Whether that translates to the rest of the world is another story.

I think they will win November and on as long as they have that price advantage. How could they not at that price? Question is at what cost? They are losing money on that for certain.

It wont. Rest of the world is not getting bomba holiday bundle's

Ramza

Banned

Based Bish

ethomaz

Banned
It is a good indication but we need to wait the Weekly and Monthly rankings... these give us a better view of the situation.

btw the Desitny bundle jumped from #40 at launch to #28 right now in the 2014 ranking... this shit doesn't stop to sell.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Stop it, Slime.

I would imagine he is giving more current info than what we got over a month ago.

But whatever, far it be from me to defend another man when he isnt speaking up for himself.

Hey, it's appreciated. I actually did make a 2nd post explaining it, but of course that get's largely ignored ::shrug::

Put simply, we have a million of these threads. They don't go differently. PS4 is outselling Xbox 1, this is a fact. Xbox is doomed, MS messed up yadda yadda.

Some people just fail to see the larger picture, in this case, that if a console can still sell mass quantities of software and have a healthy ecosystem, there's no rational realize they should be doomed or close shop. Hardware only tells a part of the story. The XB1 moves large quantities of softare. The ownership consume content. In large, healthy quantities. Even when Sony is marketing Destiny as aggressive as they are, the audience is still super monetized. Attach rates are higher even, albeit slightly. How is this a bad thing? I don't see it. It's only bad for people who buy one console over the other and have to parade that.

And yes of course, I know more people on PS4 are playing Destiny, that's not even what I said. Also sales overall are higher on PS4 if you include bundles. My point - in my 2nd post - was that literally speaking, those copies are copies Sony purchased, not consumers. Consumers are still willing to put up a ton of money for Xbox content, and the box is still doing better than the 360 did in the same time in terms of hardware, so I was just giving a different direction/information for the thread to discuss so it isn't the same War thread X100.

Sorry, I wasn't replying to you directly, just more everyone who quoted me.
I don't reply often because I don't always feel I have to justify myself haha

iamvin22

Industry Verified

DI9TxWb.gif

welp this should be interesting.

freakzilla3000

I am interested to see how this Holiday goes for all 3 companies. Nintendo has some amazing games, Microsoft is lowering the price of the XBOX One by 50 bucks and Sony has been on a roll....

We will see if Microsoft can make a dent in Sony's sales...

Idba

Amazing how well it's doing. I mean if you were to look at how the scare mongering is with ps4 right now. no good games, ONE REMASTER and online AINT broke and Well no shit xbox one without kinect is cheaper as its got worse hardware. And the promotion is only temporary.
Imagine when they drop the price and get good games and a stable network!

Fixed.

Couldnt tel if you were sarcastic or not.

Didn't Activision already say more people playing Destiny on PS4 then on any other platform?

I believe it was PS4>XBO>360>PS3
They're using that misleading information that stemmed from the way they counted digital / bundles... I want X1 to succeed (competition is good) but it's getting reamed by PS4 atm.

Oh snap!!! *grabs popcorn*

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
And yes of course, I know more people on PS4 are playing Destiny, that's not even what I said. Also sales overall are higher on PS4 if you include bundles. My point - in my 2nd post - was that literally speaking, those copies are copies Sony purchased, not consumers. Consumers are still willing to put up a ton of money for Xbox content, and the box is still doing better than the 360 did in the same time in terms of hardware, so I was just giving a different direction/information for the thread to discuss so it isn't the same War thread X100.

And you fail yet again to address the point that a lot of copies that are counted in NPD Xbone Destiny are free copies you got if you bought a Xbone.
If bundles were paid for Sony, then who was paying for the free-for-the-customer Destiny Xbone SKU that appeared on receipts?

Just saying I don't feel like justifying myself and ignoring this point several times does not make for good discussion.
(To be fair neither does quoting you thousand of times with variants of LOL u salty.)

hawk2025

Hey, it's appreciated. I actually did make a 2nd post explaining it, but of course that get's largely ignored ::shrug::

Put simply, we have a million of these threads. They don't go differently. PS4 is outselling Xbox 1, this is a fact. Xbox is doomed, MS messed up yadda yadda.

Some people just fail to see the larger picture, in this case, that if a console can still sell mass quantities of software and have a healthy ecosystem, there's no rational realize they should be doomed or close shop. Hardware only tells a part of the story. The XB1 moves large quantities of softare. The ownership consume content. In large, healthy quantities. Even when Sony is marketing Destiny as aggressive as they are, the audience is still super monetized. Attach rates are higher even, albeit slightly. How is this a bad thing? I don't see it. It's only bad for people who buy one console over the other and have to parade that.

The Destiny bundles costs $50 more.

I think you are shooting in the wrong direction if you want to account for game copies that a platform holder bought.

Very very glad that almost everyone was dead wrong. This also reminds me of another thread where people were saying we should be extremely lucky to even get 2GB of RAM.

I don't want MS's vision or Nintendo's vision of severely outdated hardware.

You do realize the ps4 is also outdated and weak hardware right?

RM8

I thought the people suggesting that Nintendo should kill WiiU were nuts, but there are also people suggesting that MS should kill the XB1? Does this come from a deep lack of understanding of how game companies work? Riding out a low selling console is literally the only sensible approach. Making a new console is prohibitively expensive and a new system isn't guaranteed to succeed. That's basically the kind of awful decisions that buried Sega.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom