• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valentine's Day with Carly Rae Jepsen

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_o4at13aknI1v9lfa1o1_500.gif
sticker,375x360.u5.png
tumblr_o4at13aknI1v9lfa1o1_500.gif
Got that someone special to spend today with? Broken hearted? Strong, independent woman? Whatever your mood is on Valentine's Day, it's the perfect day to spend it with Carly Rae Jepsen. From love to heart break, she always sets the perfect mood for a February 14th playlist to jam to.

From her humble beginnings as the 3rd place winner on Canadian Idol, to her small debut album Tug of War, onto the explosive rise with Call Me Maybe, to the universally acclaimed E•MO•TION, Carly Rae has had quite the rise from small beginnings to the current queen of pop.

Jump into her discography and you will find something for any mood.

Tug of War (2008)
Listen on Apple Music

Tug of War
Sour Candy ft Josh Ramsay
Bucket

Kiss (2012)
Listen on Apple Music

Call Me Maybe
This Kiss
Tonight I'm Getting Over You
Good Time ft Owl City

E•MO•TION (2015)
Listen on Apple Music

I Really Like You
E•MO•TION
Run Away With Me
Warm Blood
Making The Most of The Night
Your Type
Boy Problems

E•MO•TION: Side B (2016)
Listen on Apple Music

First Time
Higher
Cry
Body Language
Store

A few little extra links of love:
Fuller House Theme Song: Everywhere You Look
Call Me A Hole - Nine Inch Nails/Carly Rae Jepsen Mash-up
Youtube: Carly Rae Jepsen Playlist
Spotify: Carly Rae Jepsen's Personal Playlist
Spotify: Carly Rae Jepsen Playlist

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I approve this message. E•MO•TION Side B is more 80s than the 80s, in all the best ways.

When I clicked on this I didn't know what it was about but I am totally here for a Carly Rae appreciation thread.

Go listen to Emotion and Emotion Side B, they're great!

In the first ten posts I love how you can immediately see who is actually familiar with Carly's great music and who only knows her from Call Me Maybe and Friday.

In the first ten posts I love how you can immediately see who is actually familiar with Carly's great music and who only knows her from Call Me Maybe and Friday.

And those that are Taylor Swift fans...

Saw her live with no shame. She's great!

I've seen her live twice, one which was this past summer at Pitchfork Music Festival. She puts on such a great show and people were really into her set. She has a very substantial and loyal fanbase.

Yeah

EMOTION was pretty overrated by the pop community, Art Angels was better

That song and Grimes aren't really comparable to what Carly Rae Jepson does, and what makes her music the perfect companion to Valentine's Day.

I can't speak for Sea of Love, I love Grimes but she really doesn't make music I would listen to on Valentine's Day. Not sure what your point was other than to try and drag Carly.

Certinty

Great thread. Carly's music is truly amazing, just a shame that as well as Emotion was critically praised, many didn't care about it.

Great thread. Carly's music is truly amazing, just a shame that as well as Emotion was critically praised, many didn't care about it.

Her rise with Call Me Maybe made people believe she was a one hit wonder with little talent. It still amazes me that she put out a b-sides album that was the same quality, if not exceeding, her critically acclaimed album E•MO•TION.

Emotion and it's b-sides are classics. Baffled that a tune like Higher didn't get on the proper album.

Saw her live with no shame. She's great!
Same dude, she puts on a great show! Not gonna lie though, felt a bit like a Disney channel show concert when she did her earlier stuff lol

farisr

So having ignored her music for years now after getting annoyed by Call Me Maybe, I checked out Emotion Side B and have had it playing in the background over the last 20 minutes or so. Haven't disliked a song so far. Edit: never mind, do not like Store, that is playing right now.

Will check out her other stuff.

Arthos

So having ignored her music for years now after getting annoyed by Call Me Maybe, I checked out Emotion Side B and have had it playing in the background over the last 20 minutes or so. Haven't disliked a song so far. Edit: never mind, do not like Store, that is playing right now.

Will check out her other stuff.

I don't think anyone really likes Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom