• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VFX artist who worked on Monster Hunter X now working on an unspecified PS4 title

sense

i have said before that the next mainline mh will be on ps4 and it will most likely be dq11 situation again with nx in the mix. capcom has quite a few games for ps4 and they would love to throw in their biggest japanese game on ps4 to help the hardware and boost their other titles.

it sucks 3ds is a big success in japan because devs are stuck working on inferior hardware. games look like shit on it as far as i am concerned. i bought a 3ds for fire emblem and smt4 (excellent games) and sold it and i will buy it again for fire emblem if and mh stories but begrudgingly.

Loving NX long time.

LSJ6Pef.gif

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Is your tag for real?

I made a post in the DQ11 announcement thread saying that it didn't matter if SE didn't want to bring the game westward, as a big*semi) exclusive to consoles, Sony would pony up the cash and resources to get it localized on their own time(in response to someone else saying SE has a bad track record with localizing DQ titles)

I don't think it was a fair tagging but things in life don't have to be

Eolz

I just think it would have not killed them to give a little more effort, that's all. It makes sense for them to make it on 3DS over Vita. As for localization, I think Sony would have footed the bill had it come on the Vita, Capcom just bet on the right horse for this franchise.
Oh yeah I agree on the bolded, but to be fair, they still got great numbers even without doing that.
For Sony and localization, there's a reason P3rd didn't make it to the west and that Sony never really cared about its marketing.

i have said before that the next mainline mh will be on ps4 and it will most likely be dq11 situation again with nx in the mix. capcom has quite a few games for ps4 and they would love to throw in their biggest japanese game on ps4 to help the hardware and boost their other titles.

The main platform for mainline games will still be handhelds as long as they exist and sell more than consoles in Japan. Of course, no big reasons to not make a PS4 HD port on top of the NX one.

Capcom is a bit like S-E. Different games for different platforms. They go where it makes sense strategically and financially before anything else. No point in making MH5 a PS4 title first given this platform's performance in Japan.

Boogiepop

For what it's worth, I'm actually kind of dreading the inevitable hardware upgrade for MH, just because I feel like it'll probably mean that we stop getting super crazy content filled games to the degree that we have, at least for a while. (Plus I really, really don't care much what MH looks like, graphics-wise. And I definitely do hope it stays handheld, though that at least I'm pretty sure will keep happening at this point...)

Also, +1 on the thread title being more than a little misleading.

Cool. Interested in seeing what this PS4 title is. Verendus mentioned that a more "proper" Monster Hunter would release on the PS4, but I won't assume this is it.

Producer

So one dude that was working on MHX, now left the MHX team to work on another game? And this maybe means MH PS4? Lol

bengraven

I really wish I could get into the series.

Hundreds of hours of gameplay? Crafting? Dinosaur like monsters? I should have three big games full of content to love.

But man, the one thing that excites everyone is a downfall for me: the combat.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Lets be honest - the 3DS is the last real low-res on the market - everyone who is working and finishing a 3DS project know will go on to work on a "high-end" project next compared to the 3DS. PC, PS4, Xbox One, WiiU, NX, Mobile etc - they all fit that description...doubt anyone was expecting new main 3DS games in 2017.

Tratorn

A main MH exclusive to PS4 would be a disaster for capcom. If there'll be a PS4 version, it'll probably release for PS4, NXC and NXH.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Maybe I'm getting the wrong impression here, but isn't the article talking about a visual effects designer from the Monster Hunter X team who explicitly transferred to a PS4 title and not that the Monster Hunter X team transferred to a mysterious high end platform that may be PS4?

Hugstable

Banned
Maybe I'm getting the wrong impression here, but is the article not talking about a visual effects designer from the Monster Hunter X team who explicitly transferred to a PS4 title and not that the Monster Hunter X team transferred to a mysterious high end platform that may be PS4?

lol it's the former

Producer

Maybe I'm getting the wrong impression here, but is the article not talking about a visual effects designer from the Monster Hunter X team who explicitly transferred to a PS4 title and not that the Monster Hunter X team transferred to a mysterious high end platform that may be PS4?

Yeah, thats pretty much it lol. Bad title

L Thammy

Some really believe all or almost all games coming for PS4 will have NX version later. lol

I mentioned the NX because I figured that Monster Hunter is more likely to go there than PS4 given Capcom's recent strategy for the series, and that the PS4 game mentioned in the OP was not a Monster Hunter game. Dunno about anyone else.

Some really believe all or almost all games coming for PS4 will have NX version later. lol

Only if NX has same PC architecture for porting those PS4 games and good launch base, otherwise developers are going to ignore just like Wii U other than very few titles.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Based on OP wording it seems that he wants to make(is not already making or planning) a MH on a better hardware, a team is doing a PS4 game that's probably not MH.

I guess that MH will jump on NX.

Monster Hunter has better animations than the vast majority of games.

I give you Pokemon, it's overworld looks emberassing by 3DS standards.

In Pokemon's defense, the battles in the new games are pretty much top notch for the 3DS. I remember seeing somewhere way back about the models being insanely high poly count

Eolz

Handheld sure, home conolse? I'm not so sure.

Not really, just those that make sense.
So far, only possible ones people are talking about are MonHun, FFVIIR, and KH3 if it was getting a delay, on top of possible niche ones when the PS3 and Vita will be truly dead. Not really the same as saying every game should be there, even less those that don't make any sense (like FFXV, Bethesda games or stuff like that)...

What makes people think NX will be high end?

Even when Nintendo came out with a HD console it was equivalent to machines 7 years old, there is no recent history of Nintendo matching or even surpassing the power of other platforms.

After watching people desperately try and spin the Wii U spec it just seems a lot if people are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Dragon

Banned
Not really, just those that make sense.
So far, only possible ones people are talking about are MonHun, FFVIIR, and KH3 if it was getting a delay, on top of possible niche ones when the PS3 and Vita will be truly dead. Not really the same as saying every game should be there, even less those that don't make any sense (like FFXV, Bethesda games or stuff like that)...

Not sure that FFVIIR makes sense.

Summoner

I really wish I could get into the series.

Hundreds of hours of gameplay? Crafting? Dinosaur like monsters? I should have three big games full of content to love.

But man, the one thing that excites everyone is a downfall for me: the combat.
What's the problem with the combat for you?

Eolz

Not sure that FFVIIR makes sense.

It's not an exclusive, a long time away, and likely on UE4. Cloud amiibo+Smash helps too.
Unlike FFXV, with a proprietary engine that is causing development problems, and out next year.

But this is getting off-topic. Anything is high-end compared to 3DS, and Nintendo never released a home console weaker than the previous generation. Worst case scenario in this term would be a PS4 or X1, which would still be "high-end" if it was released next year compared to their current platforms.

Expecting the handheld NX to receive new Monster Hunter games (even if we are talking about PS4/NX multiplats), when the mainline series was 3DS exclusive ever since 2011 and hunting games are significantly more popular on handhelds is far, far more reasonable than expecting full on PS4 exclusive mainline titles.

Your post doesn't make sense in the context of this thread.

Dragon

Banned
But what does Cloud in Smash mean?!?

Meaningless? Might as well ask why Snake is in Smash.

It's not an exclusive, a long time away, and likely on UE4. Cloud amiibo+Smash helps too.
Unlike FFXV, with a proprietary engine that is causing development problems, and out next year.

But this is getting off-topic. Anything is high-end compared to 3DS, and Nintendo never released a home console weaker than the previous generation. Worst case scenario in this term would be a PS4 or X1, which would still be "high-end" if it was released next year compared to their current platforms.

Always thought the not exclusive bit referred to PC. It'd be pointless to release later on the NX considering the game is coming to PS4 first.

Top Bottom