• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VFX artist who worked on Monster Hunter X now working on an unspecified PS4 title

Loris146

Expecting the handheld NX to receive new Monster Hunter games (even if we are talking about PS4/NX multiplats), when the mainline series was 3DS exclusive ever since 2011 and hunting games are significantly more popular on handhelds is far, far more reasonable than expecting full on PS4 exclusive mainline titles.

Your post doesn't make any sense in the context of this thread.

This won't happen. Maybe there will be an HD port for PS4 ... Verendus said something about MH on PS4 IIRC.

Mentok

Banned
Not a must-have if it's not on PS4?

Nono, it's definitely for me. In fact, if it is a launch title for NX I'll be first in line to get one. I just meant that if this is a MonHun for PS4, then that is another PS4 title from Japan that I must buy (as in there are a LOT of JP PS4 games that I'm very interested in).

But that being said, I don't think there's much to read into this.

Always thought the not exclusive bit referred to PC. It'd be pointless to release later on the NX considering the game is coming to PS4 first.

Agreed, if anything after being first on PS4 I imagine it'd most likely be PC after a year or two (like the XIII games).

Eolz

Nono, it's definitely for me. In fact, if it is a launch title for NX I'll be first in line to get one. I just meant that if this is a MonHun for PS4, then that is another PS4 title from Japan that I must buy (as in there are a LOT of JP PS4 games that I'm very interested in).

But that being said, I don't think there's much to read into this.

Oh I see, sorry, misunderstood a bit. But yeah, PS4 is finally starting to get great JP games.

Dragon's Dogma 2 for PS4/PC and XB1. Believe.

I'm sure that for now, their goal with the IP is see how it does on PC and bring the F2P version after that. I doubt they decided on a 2 for now, as much as I'd like it.

gtj1092

Where does the OP claim MH on Ps4? Did people just read Sony and MH in the same sentence and go into auto defense. Same thing happened with DQ11 until it was official.

Just hoping this signals capcom coming out of their shell this gen.

sörine

Banned
Where does the OP claim MH on Ps4? Did people just read Sony and MH in the same sentence and go into auto defense. Same thing happened with DQ11 until it was official.

Just hoping this signals capcom coming out of their shell this gen.
The title was confusing before, Niro fixed it.

Anyway for those wondering looking at games Koichi Egawa worked on from what I can find:

Onimusha: Warlords (PS2)
Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny (PS2)
Onimusha 3: Demon Siege (PS2)
Dead Rising (360)
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (360)
Lost Planet: Colonies Edition (360)
Lost Planet 2 (360/PS3)
Monster Hunter 4 (3DS)
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS)
Monster Hunter X (3DS)

sörine;187083062 said:
The title was confusing before, Niro fixed it.

Anyway for those wondering looking at games Koichi Egawa worked on from what I can find:

Onimusha: Warlords (PS2)
Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny (PS2)
Onimusha 3: Demon Siege (PS2)
Dead Rising (360)
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (360)
Lost Planet: Colonies Edition (360)
Lost Planet 2 (360/PS3)
Monster Hunter 4 (3DS)
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS)
Monster Hunter X (3DS)

So you're saying there's a chance he's working on Onimusha 4 for PS4 then.

Top Bottom