• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGLeaks: First look as Durango XDK (always connected, kinect required, must install)

edgy? Some make sure to put a bullet in any speculation that might raise Durangos power, even when it still wouldn't be matching Orbis...that's crazy person territory right there.
I know, the same thing that happened in orbis threads, when people start talking so much about rumors from no one credible it gets shot down.
Speculation is fine and dandy but you have to understand that the Durango side of speculation has been more colorful. Dual-APU, secret sauce (hello aegies), CPU beefed up, GPU beefed up, it's an x86+PowerPC with BC design and now finally to a 7790 being in Durango, with absolutely no rumor/source to back it up.
I agree

Klocker

edgy? Some make sure to put a bullet in any speculation that might raise Durangos power, even when it still wouldn't be matching Orbis...that's crazy person territory right there.

yea there is a rabid attack force in all of these threads of any possible strengths of Durango that might draw the systems closer to perceived parity than some are comfortable with...

they want that DOMINATION! :lol

jaypah

^^^but why does is matter so much to some? Are they just purveyors of truth? Do they go around the internet righting the ignorance of all topics or just Xbox threads? I'm trying to understand the rationale.

^^^but why does is matter so much to some? Are they just purveyors of truth? Do they go around the internet righting the ignorance of all topics or just Xbox threads? I'm trying to understand the rationale.
It doesn't seem unreasonable too me, most of the rumors come from no where credible.

yea there is a rabid attack force in all of these threads of any possible strengths of Durango that might draw the systems closer to perceived parity than some are comfortable with...

The PS4 already has the advantage.
All i really want is a 5~7% gap instead of a 33% or 50% gap just how attack/approach that point.

abadguy

Banned
Speculation is fine and dandy but you have to understand that the Durango side of speculation has been more colorful. Dual-APU, secret sauce (hello aegies), CPU beefed up, GPU beefed up, it's an x86+PowerPC with BC design and now finally to a 7790 being in Durango, with absolutely no rumor/source to back it up.

Again, what do you care though? If there is no rumor or source to back it up, then it's not really worth the argument. Let them speculate while you guys are safe in the Knowledge that the PS4 is superior. I just don't get why all of a sudden people are so serious about smacking down speculation now, (when there was plenty of crazy speculation of the other console before it's specs were finally confirmed.) and make sure to do so in any and every thread.

onQ123

Remember when some posters were getting nervous when Sweetvar26 referred to the Durango project as a "supercomputer"?

It just had to be a "mistranslation".

The door swings both ways.

before the real info leaked out everyone was lead to believe that the Xbox3 was a high-end PC while the PS4 was a low-end PC & most people was willing to accept that as how things would be now the table has turned & for some that's hard to swallow.

No rumors are credible until proven.

Like that Chinese leak of BF4. That website and poster wasn't credible before.

No I would call a rumor from a trusted and credible source a credible rumor. If a random site gets something right one time, people will most likely start paying attention the second time around.
Again, what do you care though? If there is no rumor or source to back it up, then it's not really worth the argument. Let them speculate while you guys are safe in the Knowledge that the PS4 is superior. I just don't get why all of a sudden people are so serious about smacking down speculation now, (when there was plenty of crazy speculation of the other console before it's specs were finally confirmed.) and make sure to do so in any and every thread.
All of a sudden? This was happening back with orbis, it's just more crazy speculation this time around.

And on the flip side there is a rabid defense force in all of these threads of any rumor regardless of how utterly baseless it is that might draw the systems closer to perceived parity.

Both sides are hilarious.

Klocker

before the real info leaked out everyone was lead to believe that the Xbox3 was a high-end PC while the PS4 was a low-end PC & most people was willing to accept that as how things would be now the table has turned & for some that's hard to swallow.

its' really not...especially when I doubt we will see much difference in real time. ... it's only hard to swallow when 300 people are trying to shove it down the others' throats. ;)

Reiko

Banned

Most?

You forgot that "Sony always had the most powerful console during release by history" posts? lol

It appeared on almost every page after that Sweetvar26 post.

Then we had people talking about Sony's financial situation for weaker hardware.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
It doesn't seem unreasonable too me, most of the rumors come from no where credible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence

We should all strive for accuracy. If something is "rumor" where the rumor comes from and how many sources it has is important. We should not get into conspiracy theory nonsense and discuss any hair-brained idea that someone read on a forum somewhere. I stick to data that has some trustworthy sources, the rest is garbage. So far we seem to have plenty to work with, going outside of those facts is just wishful thinking. It is ever so easy for someone's personal fantasy to get posted and to be picked up by a person, re-posted and then spread around endlessly as "rumor". You all may think it is harmless, but some of us adults are trying to raise the signal to noise, not just the noise.

Most?

You forgot that "Sony always had the most powerful console during release by history" posts? lol

It appeared on almost every page after that Sweetvar26 post.

Which was quickly countered by "Herp derp, MS never uses weak hardware/MS always uses hardware a generation ahead of what's on the market/MS would never release a console weaker than the competition, I juss can't believez!, teh trendz say otherwize!"

Reiko

Banned
Which was quickly countered by "Herp derp, MS never uses weak hardware/MS always uses hardware a generation ahead of what's on the market/MS would never release a console weaker than the competition, I juss can't believez!, teh trendz say otherwize!"

Console wars bro. Nobody wants to admit to buying a weaker system.

Klocker

And on the flip side there is a rabid defense force in all of these threads of any rumor regardless of how utterly baseless it is that might draw the systems closer to perceived parity.

Both sides are hilarious.

I do not see anyone rabidly defending these rumors as absolute. that's your perception. Most are just saying "suppose this is true?"

whereas, the droning of the opposition to any possibility that Durango could draw closer than PS4>>>>720>>WiiU is deafening.

Tripolygon

Banned
Console wars bro. Nobody wants to admit to buying a weaker system.

Dude (no offence) but you've been at the head of every Durango rumor being posted in this thread. You've been at the head of PS4 having a huge latency, You've been at the head of PS4 not having that big of a difference in performance compared to the rumored Durango specs so don't play that console wars card.

Reiko

Banned
Dude (no offence) but you've been at the head of every Durango rumor being posted in this thread. You've been at the head of PS4 having a huge latency, You've been at the head of PS4 not having that big of a difference in performance compared to the rumored Durango specs so don't play that console wars card.

I'm the head of every Durango rumor now?

fillup

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence

We should all strive for accuracy. If something is "rumor" where the rumor comes from and how many sources it has is important. We should not get into conspiracy theory nonsense and discuss any hair-brained idea that someone read on a forum somewhere. I stick to data that has some trustworthy sources, the rest is garbage. So far we seem to have plenty to work with, going outside of those facts is just wishful thinking. It is ever so easy for someone's personal fantasy to get posted and to be picked up by a person, re-posted and then spread around endlessly as "rumor". You all may think it is harmless, but some of us adults are trying to raise the signal to noise, not just the noise.

You mean like Sony fans spreading rumors like Always Kinect'd somehow translates into no used games and MS is spying on you while you masturbate. Do you shoot down those rumors also? Just seems like a lot of you guys only care about shooting down positive rumors and let the negative ones slide.

Reiko

Banned
Oh not every but most of it. Also forgot the durango 100% efficient while PS4 is less than 100% efficient and the PS4 ROPs count being a waste and more than needed.

All of that stuff was known by other posters on GAF.

Thuway was actually the first person to post that if you checked the thread.

Now that I didn't say at all. You're getting mixed up with someone else.

Tripolygon

Banned
All of that stuff was known by other posters on GAF.

Thuway was actually the first person to post that if you checked the thread.

Now that I didn't say at all. You're getting mixed up with someone else.

You also repeated it in every next gen thread and used it as an argument more than thuway. Oh I know there's no mix-up.

JaggedSac

Yes, please sir. Help the other adults keep order while the children thrash around. Neogaf and the internet is serious business. This is no place for speculation without sources and no place for discussion of such speculation.

Reiko

Banned
You also repeated it in every next gen thread and used it as an argument more than thuway. Also PS4 ROPs count being a waste and more than needed. I can keep going but you get the point.

Why not? It's actually a good thing. Apparently it also describes the *gasp* PS4 GPU as well.

Oh and keep going.

You also repeated it in every next gen thread and used it as an argument more than thuway. Also PS4 ROPs count being a waste and more than needed. I can keep going but you get the point.

I think i was the person that did the ROP calculation and came to conclusion that for 1080p@60fps 32 Rops is overkill.

I do not see anyone rabidly defending these rumors as absolute. that's your perception. Most are just saying "suppose this is true?"

whereas, the droning of the opposition to any possibility that Durango could draw closer than PS4>>>>720>>WiiU is deafening.

Yea kinda like the 7790 = Durango GPU thread, or the "dual APU thread"

People believe what they want to believe as long as it makes their plaform of choice seem better than the picture being painted for it; you may know this as confirmation bias.

Or my favorite "maybe" scenario, "If Ps4 can get moat Rama, Durango can easily get another GPU/moar APUs"
Then when someone who has no vested interest in either platform (Durante as an example) they're met with "herpa derpa whatever bro! You're just a MS h8!!!!"

I love and hate new console speculation, love it because in small doses it's funny, but most times it's annoying....but I still participate for the lulz.

Tripolygon

Banned
Why not? It's actually a good thing. Apparently it also describes the *gasp* PS4 GPU as well.

Oh and keep going.

I really don't care for what you say. Just don't play the console wars card when you've been in the trenches with the rest from both sides of the war.

Reiko

Banned
I think i was the person that did the ROP calculation and came to conclusion that for 1080p@60fps 32 Rops is overkill.

B-B-But I thought Durango rumors were all from me:/

I really don't care for what you say. Just don't play the console wars card when you've been in the trenches with rest from both sides of the war.

Hah. I can do whatever I like. That's the fun of every console generation.

It hasn't been announced yet and already people are going at it. I don't see what's so wrong, if liking the 360 and it's games, in wanting the successor to be great. Shouldn't that be a good thing?

Reiko

Banned
It hasn't been announced yet and already people are going at it. I don't see what's so wrong, if liking the 360 and it's games, in wanting the successor to be great. Shouldn't that be a good thing?

Every new Xbox release (Including Kinect) is met with negativity, it's tradition.

fillup

Yea kinda like the 7790 = Durango GPU thread, or the "dual APU thread"

People believe what they want to believe as long as it makes their plaform of choice seem better than the picture being painted for it; you may know this as confirmation bias.

Or my favorite "maybe" scenario, "If Ps4 can get moat Rama, Durango can easily get another GPU/moar APUs"
Then when someone who has no vested interest in either platform (Durante as an example) they're met with "herpa derpa whatever bro! You're just a MS h8!!!!"

I love and hate new console speculation, love it because in small doses it's funny, but most times it's annoying....but I still participate for the lulz.

Sony fans had no problem when 7770 = Durango, but now that it could be 7790 = Durango Sony fans are having a meltdown....lol. Yeah confirmation bias at it's best.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Recircling of blocking out used games rumours + always online posing a threat to the industry + Kinect fears using this gen as a fallacious template + Sony revealing their stuff first and therefore already winning the console race according to some.

JJD

I think the 7870 graph is wrong. They got the 1680x1050 mixed up with the 1920x1080 score. It's the ONLY card that shows 1920x1080 scoring better than 1680x1050. That can't be right. I bet the 30.2fps is for 1680x1050 and the 25.9fps is for 1920x1080.

1920x1080 8xAA/16xAF:
7870 = 25.9 fps
7850 = 22.6 fps
7790 = 19.0 fps

So if the Durango GPU is indeed based on the 7790, the performance should be very close to the PS4. Definitely not the huge difference Sony fanboys were hoping for....lol. HD twins again.

You mean like Always Kinect'd somehow translates into no used games and MS spying on you while you masturbate by the Sony fans...

Sony fans had no problem when 7770 = Durango, but now that it could be 7790 = Durango Sony fans are having a meltdown....lol. Yeah confirmation bias at it's best.

Am I the only one that finds amusing when a guy like that call other people "fanboys"? LOL!

You know man, you could learn a thing or two from Reiko on how to interact with people with a different opinion than yours.

Satchel

Banned

At this point, I want the fantasy crazy land rumours of dual apus, cubed ram and shit to be true just to see the backpedalling.

fillup

Am I the only one that finds amusing when a guy like that call other people "fanboys"? LOL!

You know man, you could learn a thing or two from Reiko on how to interact with people with a different opinion than yours.

I currently have two 360's, two PS3's, and a Wii. I plan to buy both the 720 and PS4. Not a fanboy.

The irony and your near constant use of fanboy to describe those who cheer for your enemy platform. Though I also find it funny that even the link to the whole 7790 = GPU states it would be based on said card, not said card. But people already celebrating, I'm also not sure why the Sony crowd would be having a meltdown, they still have the more powerful system and the 7790 is still 4CUs down from Sony's GPU.

Just sayin.

I currently have two 360's, two PS3's, and a Wii. I plan to buy both the 720 and PS4. Not a fanboy.

Means about as much as a racist claiming he has black friends.

Just sayin

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
If a Playstation, Xbox and Wii can sit side by side on my tv unit, why can't we all just get along? And to the PC crowd out there I have one of those too but it sits in my Study alone. Shunned child, or prodigal son?

For actual content, has there been any mention of an APU based on this gpu? Specs make it seem doable, size wise but probably too late for Durango now no?
And it would need a lot of tweaking, downclocking etc. Bus would be a factor too wouldn't it?

You'll have to forgive my ignorance if these have already been answered but I just could not be bollocksed to read through all the tit for tats.

Jadedx

Banned
At this point, I want the fantasy crazy land rumours of dual apus, cubed ram and shit to be true just to see the backpedalling.

All of that is possible, cubed ram will be ready by the end of the year and modifying 2 low cost mid-range gpus to run as one is better and less expensive than making one super powerful gpu, it's what cpu devs have been doing for years.

If a Playstation, Xbox and Wii can sit side by side on my tv unit, why can't we all just get along? And to the PC crowd out there I have one of those too but it sits in my Study alone. Shunned child, or prodigal son?

For actual content, has there been any mention of an APU based on this gpu? Specs make it seem doable, size wise but probably too late for Durango now no?
And it would need a lot of tweaking, downclocking etc. Bus would be a factor too wouldn't it?

You'll have to forgive my ignorance if these have already been answered but I just could not be bollocksed to read through all the tit for tats.

Or it could be a spin-off of what went into Durango.
Kinda like the APU amd is releasing soonish which will be a ps4 spin-off.

Top Bottom